Katz. "Last time I checked... | Syracusefan.com

Katz. "Last time I checked...

I'd like to know more about what caused this before I blame Katz. We all know that JB is overly sensitive with the media. What did Katz actually report last year about Fine that upset JB?

Putting aside whether Boeheim should have called him out for a second...

The problem with Katz's comment is that apparently the idea that the only thing a reporter needs to be loyal to I their employer. Isn't reporting also about building relationships and gaining trust so that you can have sources?

I hope everyone that has given confidential information to Katz paid attention to that follow up so they know where they stand.

Katz & Schwarz should be on the same island in the middle of nowhere. They could create conspiracies about coconuts and lizards and then fabricate the piss out of them.

I'd like to know more about what caused this before I blame Katz. We all know that JB is overly sensitive with the media. What did Katz actually report last year about Fine that upset JB?

Here is a piece that Katz wrote that went on the inter-webs November 29, 2011, a little over a week after the news about Fine's allegations of sexual abuse had broken.

In it, Katz hinted that JB & Bernie's relationship had soured about a decade earlier. Also suggesting that in the early 2000's Fine's recruiting had gone south causing a decline in SU's basketball fortunes. Katz also exposed a fact that JB could not have been too happy about, JB was no longer recommending Bernie for head coaching jobs.

There does exist a possibility that JB confided a lot of this to Katz and Jim felt a betrayal of trust.

Read it for yourself, I would be interested in your conclusions.

Inside Syracuse's unique hoops culture by Andy Katz Senior Writer ESPN Originally Published November 29, 2011

Hard for me to see how this does not come back to bite JB. If Katz annoyed him, for whatever reason, insulting him live on the air only shines a spotlight on whatever was the issue. Now JB will have to explain to every talk show in America why he was so uncivil. And while media personalities are very competitive and are usually quite happy to bash each other, there is a point when they will band together if they think one of their own has been unduly wronged.

Time for JB to do a bit of fast fence mending and eat a little crow I would think.

Hard for me to see how this does not come back to bite JB. If Katz annoyed him, for whatever reason, insulting him live on the air only shines a spotlight on whatever was the issue. Now JB will have to explain to every talk show in America why he was so uncivil. And while media personalities are very competitive and are usually quite happy to bash each other, there is a point when they will band together if they think one of their own has been unduly wronged.

Time for JB to do a bit of fast fence mending and eat a little crow I would think.

JB doesnt give a crap. Thats whats great about him.

This IMO was more of a master motivator ploy to spark this team. He basically got T'd up and I hope his players took notice.

Never much liked Katz; thought he's kind of a meathead.

But good for him. He's right.

There does exist a possibility that JB confided a lot of this to Katz nad Jim felt a betrayal of trust.

I can't lie - I think the nad <---> and typo is my absolute favorite one out of all the common ones. I giggle like an immature kid every time I see it.

Oh, wait...

Dan, stop messing with me and deleting your posts! :)

P.S. - have fun with your Valentine. ;)

JB doesn't give a . Thats what makes JB so awesome.

Here is a piece that Katz wrote that went on the inter-webs November 29, 2011, a little over a week after the news about Fine's allegations of sexual abuse had broken.

In it, Katz hinted that JB & Bernie's relationship had soured about a decade earlier. Also suggesting that in the early 2000's Fine's recruiting had gone south causing a decline in SU's basketball fortunes. Katz also exposed a fact that JB could not have been too happy about, JB was no longer recommending Bernie for head coaching jobs.

There does exist a possibility that JB confided a lot of this to Katz and Jim felt a betrayal of trust.

Read it for yourself, I would be interested in your conclusions.

Inside Syracuse's unique hoops culture by Andy Katz Senior Writer ESPN Originally Published November 29, 2011
Makes the most sense I think, nice job, OE.

JB doesnt give a crap. Thats whats great about him.

This IMO was more of a master motivator ploy to spark this team. He basically got T'd up and I hope his players took notice.

Can't help thinking JB was looking to make himself the object last night and take some pressure off the team for their off night.

I agree that he may not give a rat's arse, but what's the upside for JB on this?

I agree that he may not give a rat's arse, but what's the upside for JB on this?

Let's all other reporters know that if they show disloyalty to JB they never get insider info again.

Don't get us mixed up with Kentucky Andy. We actually don't pay journalists or players

No, it's what makes Jim an a*hole.

And it's what gives reporters with an axe to grind yet another excuse to come sniffing around the program for violations.

If JB had a problem with Katz - for whatever reason - he could've addressed it offline.

What happened to civility? The fact that some of you are applauding his antics makes me wonder about society as a whole.

Boeheim's a notorious bully and it just might come back and bite us in the ass one day.

And the worst part is, he'd be long gone, but we'd still be fans - stuck with a program in trouble because of him. Not something I want to occur.

no actually, it what's makes him a dbag. Great coach no doubt but one can simply call him what he is to so many others too often, as I just did, or we can do it as Scott Pitoniak and Waters have done in their work on him and call him socially challenged for multiple valid reasons they point out. But he is who he is at this point which is a rather complicated guy (nice way of saying what I said he is above, this much too often)

True story. Patient walks in my office yesterday. Was up at the Carmelo center earlier in the week checking it out with his daughter. Sees JB in the hallway, says hello as he sees him in the hallway and as he walks right up and near, JB completely turns away rude style does not acknowledge him with his daughter let alone say hi. He said in the office to me yesterday that if there's such a thing as karma then "his team will suck tonight and get their butts kicked by UConn". That 's all I was thinking about as I watched the game and then read post game about the karma talk that Hackcuse brought up.

Another coach up there politely engaged him in conversation for a long while at the Melo center shortly thereafter whereupon when he asked why JB is so unfriendly, the coach walked away laughing.

One might say that this is an aberration. No. Nearly the same exact thing happened to me 5 years earlier in the Oncenter of which we were both at listening to Lou Holtz speak. JB at the front VIP table talking all throughout the speech such that Holtz had to tactfully call him out on it as Holtz was talking about respect and discipline.

So afterward when it was appropriate and tactful and after waiting for when he had finished with all other conversations and he was alone standing, no coat on, not rushing out; I went up to him and said thank you for the years of great memories put my hand out to shake, and looked me straight in the eyes and shrugged literally saying nothing, no smile, no simple basic civility/citizenship or acknowledgement.

Big deal right? And I'd agree, just another awarkward asocial socially challenged person. No big deal. But you'd think at this point in his life this simple basic act of civility could be mastered. Is it really that hard to be decent?

And listen he may very well be right on this latest blow up (Katz does seem like a douche) and feel rightfully so one has to fight fire with fire, this I can get. But here's the point, with a couple of basic local schlubs (and many others I'm sure) no big deal, we accept it for better or worse as part of the package as hard as that may be to do sometimes. He's now showed (as the channel 5 news announcer said last night) his incivility on a national stage, a stage populated by people who might not be so inclined to blow it off as "JB just being JB" and result in what Otto and others above and elsewhere have stated, more acrimony and maybe more unwanted extra scrutiny.

This may have some legs and it will be interesting to see where it goes. Makes it hard to like the guy, to say the least, and worse yet root for them as hard as I'd like to sometimes.

dm_091015_andy_katz.jpg

gty_papa_johns_john_schnatter_tk_120808_wg.jpg

Who cares about Andy Katz, JB could have went after him a lot harder so he's lucky for that. Sounds like Andy is making more out of this than he should be.

Who cares about Andy Katz, JB could have went after him a lot harder so he's lucky for that. Sounds like Andy is making more out of this than he should be.

Yeah. Ok. Think about what you just wrote. Even if Katz 100 percent deserved what was said, the forum in which it was said would make any human being with any balls at all "make a big deal" out of it.

so too with Donna Diotta right, so to with some of the student DO writers right? Yep its all on them not our beloved JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom