Katz. "Last time I checked... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Katz. "Last time I checked...

I'd have to see the tape, but I'd be willing to bet that CJ, like our other wings, wasn't getting to the shooters in the corner.

Or rebounding.

If this was all because of that Bernie Fine article, then I really don't blame JB for being upset. Coaches take this stuff personally sometimes. Similar situation happened in the NFL w/ Peter King + Bill Belichick. King wrote a pretty scathing article about Belichick and Spygate. Belichick hasn't spoken to him since. And that was over 5 years ago. AND Spygate was something that actually happened. Unlike the Bernie Fine mess. King has said multiple times over the years that he knows better than to ask BB for an interview. Probably fears the Andy Katz treatment.

Now, I don't really agree with JB doing this in that kind of setting. It looked unprofessional and it came off as just him being a sore loser. He should've confronted him away from the other reporters and the TV cameras. But if you read Katz' article again, he really implied that JB's lack of control over the program was at fault for the whole mess. And who knows if any of the "inside info" about JB and Bernie's relationship deteriorating was actually true.

My thinking is the "disloyal" comment came from the fact that JB felt as if Katz was "one of his guys." What I mean to say is, he thought Katz was one of the good guys in the business, someone he figured would cover the situation with some objectivity. Instead, Katz jumped on the opportunity to railroad JB.

Does ESPN touch this? I havent heard anything on espnradio. PTI? Around the Horn? Or do they leave it alone?

I don't get paid by Syracuse University

Andy Katz: Last time I checked, Jim Boeheim doesn't have to talk to you or some of the douchebags you work with at ESPN.

journalists get paid, in part, for their ability to develop and maintain their sources. some will even go to jail to protect a source.

JB had been a solid source for Katz over the years, but is now a source that Katz very clearly has burned.

you have a relationship with the second winningest coach in the history of the game, a man who has his program humming at its highest level and is a year away from beginning a bunch of high profile games vs blue bloods Duke and UNC . . . the New ACC is going to be one of the dominant stories of the next couple seasons, and you burn that source to the ground?

whoever pays your salary, Andy, should consider a reduction.

I'd have to see the tape, but I'd be willing to bet that CJ, like our other wings, wasn't getting to the shooters in the corner.

He has to blame the player for not covering 2 spots at once, because what other recourse is there? He'll never blame the scheme.

Sounds like this was about the article in 11/11. One of the articles OE linked this morning says that JB has not talked to Katz since 12/11, so that pretty much lines up.

I'm not a fan of JB doing this, personally. That aside, are people really saying that Katz is making a big deal out of this? I might have missed an article or some tweets or something (and I don't think I did, since I follow Katz on Twitter), but I have not heard a peep about this from Katz. It's every other journalist making a big deal out of this. I'm not sure how people are getting "attention whore Katz" out of this encounter.

I am all for Boeheim protecting his players and the program.

As to how he specifically handled it - calling Katz "disloyal" and an "idiot" - I shake my head. He could've been as harsh without saying these words. Especially disloyal. Journalists are not supposed to be loyal. They are supposed to be consistent and fair.

I love love love JB...my fear is he will one day go so far off the island in his quest to be blunt honest that it will hurt him and the University personally...as it almost did during the Fine case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom