Women's Lacrosse - Kayla Treanor named new WLAX Head Coach | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Kayla Treanor named new WLAX Head Coach

Did I miss her already, or has her interview not started yet?

1254EE52-E3E6-4C2D-903E-024A1069D9FA.jpeg

New HC , Kayla, is making great strides in recruiting!
Way to grow W. Lax!

EF0EF152-5B09-477D-996B-445E2B5C8B49.jpeg

Recruiting has many layers; announcements are the end product of many, many days and efforts with most high level recruits.

Also, if a recruit has previously committed to another school; prying them away, with a new staff, also takes time.

The good news is that Kayla was instrumental in BC’s rise to their NC.

She is a very well respected talent and coach.
We will see, in due time, the results of her and her staffs efforts on the recruiting and transfer trails.

We have already seen her bring talent in through the transfer portal!

The Cream on the top of all of this is Gary Gait’s mentorship of Kayla and that he shared recruiting connections with her!

Go Orange !

51DA580F-52A4-45F8-87E5-A87FEBAAF563.jpeg

Last edited:
So we're going to have two assistant coaches in Kent and Pirreca-- or just Kent? We need a little more clarification in that tweet. This is an excellent hire regardless.

You're allowed two assistants.

Either Pirreca or Defliese must be headed somewhere.

You're allowed two assistants.

Either Pirreca or Defliese must be headed somewhere.
I'm guessing that would be Pirreca then; as she has not been on campus or at fall practices. Wish her luck to whatever/wherever she does next. I hope another collegiate team scoops her up.

I'm guessing that would be Pirreca then; as she has not been on campus or at fall practices. Wish her luck to whatever/wherever she does next. I hope another collegiate team scoops her up.

Something must have changed since June. Both Pirreca and Defliese were expected to be retained.

Haven't seen anything on the twitter about either of them yet.

Something must have changed since June. Both Pirreca and Defliese were expected to be retained.

Haven't seen anything on the twitter about either of them yet.
The nosey part of me wants to know what happened lol. It really could be as simple as Treanor not having much chemistry with Pirreca after playing with Pirreca for Athlete's Unlimited. Or personalities didn't align well, and Treanor wanted to bring in someone she was familiar with. Defliese and Gebhardt were pictured in those Fall practice pics and honestly it would be a tragedy losing either of them.

Yeah in that first video in the fall ball thread Defliece appears walking in with Treanor. I don’t see Pirreca at all. Maybe she moved on to another job. I’m not sure if Kayla would have gotten rid of her or not. In the small amount of time I caught the Athletes Unlimited games this summer there didn’t appear to be any animosity between the two. In fact it looked like they were pretty close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom