Class of 2014 - Kayton Samuels DT Lithonia GA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kayton Samuels DT Lithonia GA

But maybe he is in playing shape right now, you don't know that.
Indeed. You're right. Runaway diarrhea of the brain...

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. Zeke and Samuels aren't going to be instant impact kids even if they both come here. Wayne has either 3 to play 3 or 2 for 2. Zeke is a 3 tech, Samuels is a NT. They probably won't play the same position. Williams will be at least 2 years ahead of .them, and he can play either position, but probably will be a beast of a NT.
Hey CIL. Zeek or Zeke, I'm confused. I do agree Rodney has the quickness for the 3. Wonder what the ceiling is on his optimum playing weight.

It should be easier to convert a DE to a 3 technique (especially coming from a 7) than if we had to than force him into the 1. So if we are low on DTs and the 1 technique guys are the best guys out there with interest in coming to SU this may be a good approach. Then if one of the recruits was assigned to play 1 by their HS coach but has talent and speed enough to play the 3 also with training, all the better.

Offering 2 DTs is good news in my eyes, we need them both.

But maybe he is in playing shape right now, you don't know that.
I'm more worried about getting through his first semester academically. Hopefully, WW adjusts to college life and keeps his studies in order.

Very interesting prospect. I watched his film on Hudl. the first thing that stands out is the size of this kid. He is listed at 6'2" 290, but his frame isn't even close to being fully filled out yet which is not the case with some of these kids coming in. He has a huge trunk and good base to work with. He moves pretty well for a kid that size and is plenty athletic. He is a true 1 technique or nose in every sense of the word. He will be big enough and strong enough with some S and C to be able to occupy blockers, but moves decent enough to apply some pressure.

He appears to be relatively raw with regards to technique. He doesn't use his natural strength in his legs yet, which is normal at that level when you are bigger and stronger than everyone else. He can get by on pushing smaller kids out of the way. I don't foresee that as a major problem, because his lower body is friggin huge. With some coaching, he could be a very good NT for us. I don't really see him playing 3 tech that much ala Bromley. He has a lot more Zian Jones in him. Definitely a BCS level product that can contribute after a couple years.

I think this program still has to bring in developmental kids with ceiling.

Along with Wayne joining the unit I still think Thompson or Johnson are at least cross trained to provide depth at the 3 spot. There is enough at DE to move one of those guys.

Hopefully Raymon is on track to be ready by October if not earlier.

I think this program still has to bring in developmental kids with ceiling.

Along with Wayne joining the unit I still think Thompson or Johnson are at least cross trained to provide depth at the 3 spot. There is enough at DE to move one of those guys.

Hopefully Raymon is on track to be ready by October if not earlier.

On the lines we pretty much have to. Programs like ours typically don't land the "plug and play" 4 or 5 star lineman types, if we get into the to 15 regularly we may see that change but until then, we're going to have to leverage our development capabilities to the best we can.

Very interesting prospect. I watched his film on Hudl. the first thing that stands out is the size of this kid. He is listed at 6'2" 290, but his frame isn't even close to being fully filled out yet which is not the case with some of these kids coming in. He has a huge trunk and good base to work with. He moves pretty well for a kid that size and is plenty athletic. He is a true 1 technique or nose in every sense of the word. He will be big enough and strong enough with some S and C to be able to occupy blockers, but moves decent enough to apply some pressure.

He appears to be relatively raw with regards to technique. He doesn't use his natural strength in his legs yet, which is normal at that level when you are bigger and stronger than everyone else. He can get by on pushing smaller kids out of the way. I don't foresee that as a major problem, because his lower body is friggin huge. With some coaching, he could be a very good NT for us. I don't really see him playing 3 tech that much ala Bromley. He has a lot more Zian Jones in him. Definitely a BCS level product that can contribute after a couple years.

Thanks for the outstanding scouting report, CIL!

I'm no expert at evaluating DTs but to me he's better and bigger than Rodney. He's got tree stumps for legs and moves well. Looks like a great DT prospect

This staff is working hard and fast to get the players we need. This staff is ***** all the way

His handle is Haloti Ngata Jr.? two observations: his confidence is astronomical, and secondly, his two best options are Ball State and Syracuse so I think he might be reaching just a touch with his comparison of himself.
Have you seen what he looks like? Might have to do more with how he looks physically than how he actually plays.