Keep improving; wins will come. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Keep improving; wins will come.

At first glance, I thought next years schedule would be easier. Maybe it is, but by how much? Instead of LSU who is decent this year, we play at ND, who may be a team that can sneak into the playoffs this year. They've been really impressive. We get UCONN, Wagner, and WesternMich. Is that much easier than Central Connecticut, Middle Tennessee, and Central Michigan? We were expected to go 3-1 non conference this year, and we'll be expected to go 3-1 non conference next year. Our crossover game next year will be UNC at home if I'm not mistaken. Certainly easier than top 10 Miami on the road, but you'd have to think UNC would be greatly improved next year. Florida State will be back to it's top 10 status with Francois back. I like our chances vs. them this year, but not next year. Clemson will be Clemson, and all the other ACC teams seem to be improving this year. Maybe L'ville will be more down next year.
Overall, I don't feel the schedule will be a whole lot easier. I do feel however, that you won't see us slip up vs. UCONN, Wagner, or Western Michigan next year, like we did to MTSU this year. I think beyond those 3 teams, every single game will be tough. Winnable, but tough. We do get FSU and L'ville at home next year too. That helps.

To me the schedule is where it needs to be now. We can't get around the ND game. It's part of our ACC deal right? We have 3 very winnable OOC after that and the ACC schedule is easier than this year with where they are played.

We are in a tough conference so it'll always be "hard". Key is we'll be prepared to play each of these teams.

At first glance, I thought next years schedule would be easier. Maybe it is, but by how much? Instead of LSU who is decent this year, we play at ND, who may be a team that can sneak into the playoffs this year. They've been really impressive. We get UCONN, Wagner, and WesternMich. Is that much easier than Central Connecticut, Middle Tennessee, and Central Michigan? We were expected to go 3-1 non conference this year, and we'll be expected to go 3-1 non conference next year. Our crossover game next year will be UNC at home if I'm not mistaken. Certainly easier than top 10 Miami on the road, but you'd have to think UNC would be greatly improved next year. Florida State will be back to it's top 10 status with Francois back. I like our chances vs. them this year, but not next year. Clemson will be Clemson, and all the other ACC teams seem to be improving this year. Maybe L'ville will be more down next year.
Overall, I don't feel the schedule will be a whole lot easier. I do feel however, that you won't see us slip up vs. UCONN, Wagner, or Western Michigan next year, like we did to MTSU this year. I think beyond those 3 teams, every single game will be tough. Winnable, but tough. We do get FSU and L'ville at home next year too. That helps.
Nc st will lose its entire offense and defensive line and qb. No more Lamar Jackson. Bc gonna bc. And hopefully wake isn't another hurricane.

To me the schedule is where it needs to be now. We can't get around the ND game. It's part of our ACC deal right? We have 3 very winnable OOC after that and the ACC schedule is easier than this year with where they are played.

We are in a tough conference so it'll always be "hard". Key is we'll be prepared to play each of these teams.

Yes -- next year we will still be talking about having a difficult schedule -- our division ACC games plus ND. It is a plus to have NC at home vs Miami away. Not sure we are better off with the most challenging games at home, and the winnable games (Wake, BC & Pitt) on the road. Biggest key -- it's Dungey's senior season, and Dino has another cycle to improve the roster.

Guess Dcuse is in the minority then.
I was never against change. I'm against guys who like to throw dirt on the grave of a guy who did great work here for a long time. Classy.

I was never against change. I'm against guys who like to throw dirt on the grave of a guy who did great work here for a long time. Classy.
"Throw dirt on the grave..."
A bit dramatic no? I'm just a much bigger fan of Edinger, than of Hicks. If that makes me the gravedigger, then so be it. I'm pretty sure it's not mandatory for me as a Cuse football fan to like Will Hicks better.

"Throw dirt on the grave..."
A bit dramatic no? I'm just a much bigger fan of Edinger, than of Hicks. If that makes me the gravedigger, then so be it. I'm pretty sure it's not mandatory for me as a Cuse football fan to like Will Hicks better.
" His S&C program was like a meatheads workout at Golds Gym. What was his name?...oh that's right...I forgot...I don't care what his name is."
My bad...doesn't sound disrespectful at all.

" His S&C program was like a meatheads workout at Golds Gym. What was his name?...oh that's right...I forgot...I don't care what his name is."
My bad...doesn't sound disrespectful at all.
giphy.gif

Yes -- next year we will still be talking about having a difficult schedule -- our division ACC games plus ND. It is a plus to have NC at home vs Miami away. Not sure we are better off with the most challenging games at home, and the winnable games (Wake, BC & Pitt) on the road. Biggest key -- it's Dungey's senior season, and Dino has another cycle to improve the roster.

Our schedule every year will be challenging. We play 8 ACC games. Our OOC schedule next year isn't as daunting because we're not playing at LSU. I would love to see this program get to be a consistent 5-3 or 6-2 type team in the ACC. That would be amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom