Class of 2019 - Ken Evans Jr. | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Ken Evans Jr.

When you strike out with 7,8,9’s and 10’s sometimes you have to settle for a 4.
Sometimes that’s 4 gets a good haircut, starts to glow and gets better in new city with a new job and boom a 6!

In all seriousness I’ll take that shooting off the bench all day, This would be a good add for the skillset and depth we need this late into the portal ballgame.

Passing when we first had an opportunity is worrisome. It’s all a little concerning that his kid has been barely linked to anyone despite being POY in his conference? Is he waiting for the dominos to fall? Or is there something else going on

Passing when we first had an opportunity is worrisome. It’s all a little concerning that his kid has been barely linked to anyone despite being POY in his conference? Is he waiting for the dominos to fall? Or is there something else going on

It was my impression that we passed initially because of stuff that Red is trying to eliminate from last years team.
That said we need players and shooters. I think his handle is a bit “shaky potatoes” but he would be an offensive weapon in the arsenal.

Man I’d be absolutely stoked if we bring in Ken Evans... Plan C or not this dude looks like a straight baller. He’s a dynamic scoring guard (shot almost 40% from 3 last year), he’s a playmaker, he’s a very quality rebounder and he gives us options to the backcourt for another ball handler & to run three guard sets.

Also he’s an immediate upgrade of KC and EM from the bench and will most likely push for starter minutes (but likely from the bench).
He would give us a 4th very solid guard to pair with Chance JaQuan and JJ

Always wanted KEJ a lot since Dakota Lefell through...

Hope the staff makes this one happen!!!!

We’d be looking solid for next year and firmly in the field imo.

I know I’m a wet blanket. But man is it frustrating that we are now settling for players the staff initially decided wasn’t a fit or wasn’t a take.

I really have to wonder how much the lack of movement has to do with Lampkin increased “salary”.

I’m extremely worried about the future state of Syracuse Basketball.

Here's a six minute highlight clip. He looks pretty good, but not as good as Leffew, TBH.

Handle is not great. I'm not in love with his drives and midrange game. He hits some pretty deep threes, though. Not the best form, but they go in.

This kid is a stud. So anyone who thinks he’s an after thought is nuts. He’ll start day one. Get him on campus and it’s a lock
I agree he might be a stud. Who is he starting over though?

At some point though you need to close. Time is running out.

Always Be Closing Alec Baldwin GIF

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

This kid is a stud. So anyone who thinks he’s an after thought is nuts. He’ll start day one. Get him on campus and it’s a lock
I don't know, but a 6-5 guard, conference POY with those scoring numbers who has been in the portal since mid March... Maybe it's just me, but something seems a little "different" about his recruitment.

I don't know, but a 6-5 guard, conference POY with those scoring numbers who has been in the portal since mid March... Maybe it's just me, but something seems a little "different" about his recruitment.
Not sure about the recruitment. Interesting looking player. Wonder if people have concerns about his finishing? Shot 40% on threes but just 41% on 2s. Judah, who half of this board can’t stand and insist he only made FTs after flopping, was at close to 48% on 2s.

Not sure what that means. Looks like an athletic kid who plays with some confidence. That’s usually a good combo.

Yeah, something doesn't add up.

Especially when you consider how he performed [well, for the record] against the P5 teams he faced last year. This isn't just some small conference guy amassing stats, who can't compete against the upper echelon.

I don't expect that he'd average ~18 here like he did at a lower conference, but he can play.

Unless the staff feels comfortable putting JJ at the point, I don’t see how this kid starts.

Bell is starting at the 3.
JJ is starting at a guard.

That said, I’m all for finding better players who can help. I think this kid is a good player who could help.

Unless the staff feels comfortable putting JJ at the point, I don’t see how this kid starts.

Bell is starting at the 3.
JJ is starting at a guard.

That said, I’m all for finding better players who can help. I think this kid is a good player who could help.

That's kind of where I'm at.

And maybe that's what is happening here. The kid wants to go somewhere and start, at a P5. He's good enough, but maybe isn't finding those opportunities where he's a guaranteed starter.

I would rather get a back up PG…even if it’s a duplication of skills with Carlos.

We are one twisted ankle from having a real problem.

I’ll trust the staff, but I don’t see how Evans is a fit.

Last edited:
I would rather get a back up PG…even if it’s a duplication of skills with Carlos.

I’ll trust the staff, but I don’t see how Evan’s is a fit.
Agree, the ball handlers are Carlos, Westry (health concerns), and JJ (?)(not really a PG?). Thats an issue

I agree. They weren't at all impressed just a few weeks ago. I understand that things change and I have no idea how good this kid is but our needs haven't changed.

I agree. They weren't at all impressed just a few weeks ago. I understand that things change and I have no idea how good this kid is but our needs haven't changed.
Maybe this was part of keeping Eddie happy since it seems like they’re friends?

Fair point. The issue is we don’t have a whole lot of shot creation either. Now ideally we have a more balanced offense with a lot of ball movement and player movement … but every team needs a creator or two. Maybe that’s Starling getting to his mid-range or Lampkin? I’m not sure.

The way I view this is that it looks like the kid could play at this level and at this point if he has interest, they are satisfied that he’s at least a decent kid attitude-wise, and he has an interest in coming here, then I wouldn’t turn it down.

To be clear, I wouldn’t turn down another PG type. Nor would I turn down and athletic wing of some sort, even if he was a more defense-minded type. Just adding another piece or two that can contribute something seems like it would help a roster that just feels a bit thin on options (at least for those of us who are uneasy banking on a fully healthy Westry).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom