Kentucky Derby (OT) | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky Derby (OT)

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Goldencents had the second best odds to win as of this morning. The track condition was subsequently downgraded due to rain and Revolutionary then moved into being the favorite as he had won in the mud. Just got a msg from a friend of mine at the track that supervises Goldencents. She says that Goldencents likes mud. Pitino is only a minority owner of Goldencents. My friend's primary business client is the majority owner of the horse and stables. This is not a tip, just interesting how quickly the odds changed for Revolutionary as he went from 8:1 to a 5:1 favorite. Goldencents is staying at 6:1. In mud, according to TV, advantage goes to the horse on the rail where the track is firmest. Revolutionary is a horse that has been run on the outside. I really don't know much about this stuff, but for what its worth...

Just got texted that Goldencents is starting in the middle so he can pick and choose the post or outside. Who knows, its a horserace. TV commentary is now just as I speculated: the odds on Revolutionary appear to be too high.

A friend and I were handicapping the race last week and we both agreed that Goldencents jockey, Kevin Krigger, while enjoying success in CA this winter, was not quite ready for prime time. Palace Malice, Blinkers ON, set suicidal fractions and Krigger ran with him. Goldecents was cooked. The Palace Malice equipment change was more significant than the slop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom