Kentucky Derby picks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky Derby picks

Finalized my double: couldnt leave PW off

PW and Salty with my top 4 above
The sloppy track and the speed duel were the great equalizers there. When those fillies all meet each other on dry tracks down the road you will see different outcomes (and get some nice prices on Miss Sky Warrior and Salty).

The sloppy track and the speed duel were the great equalizers there. When those fillies all meet each other on dry tracks down the road you will see different outcomes (and get some nice prices on Miss Sky Warrior and Salty).

Miss sky warrior decided it was her or neither of them.

Miss sky warrior decided it was her or neither of them.
Lopez rode to win, as he should have. If he lets Paradise Woods have an uncontested lead, she's probably gone, especially the way that track was playing today.

Lopez rode to win, as he should have. If he lets Paradise Woods have an uncontested lead, she's probably gone, especially the way that track was playing today.

Never said he didn't ride to win. But Lopez had to know it was all or nothing was my point. He had to know Mandela/Prat were going to do their thing.

Always Dreaming on a dry track. Irish War Cry (son of a great mudder, Curlin) on a wet track.

Never said he didn't ride to win. But Lopez had to know it was all or nothing was my point. He had to know Mandela/Prat were going to do their thing.
I wasn't suggesting you said that. Two very nice fillies with similar running styles. Prat could have let Lopez clear into the first turn, but chose not to and they hooked up and ran off. Something had to give, and today it was both of them. That's racing.

Hit the trifecta last year. Have tomorrow's field down to 5 horses. Will pare it to 3 maybe 4.

No particular order.

Always Dreaming
Thunder Snow
Taprit
Irish War Cry
Hence

I play one trifecta a year and that is the KY derby, the payoff is just too big to resist with the odds. I actually dont like them very much at all. I'm with you, play pick 3 a lot and I love the $1 pick 5 which imo is the best bet in horse racing, great value.

I went to keeneland a few weeks ago which I like better than Saratoga and I played pick 3 and five and placed win show bets as I moved through the races. Hit a huge pick 3 and a win place bet on a horse that went off at 18-1, missed the pick 5 in the last race which would have paid almost 6k. Walked out that day up a very decent sum. Gave back a few hundred the next day but was a great run that Friday.

I will play the oaks/ derby double and will try to beat the favorite in oaks who I hope bounces. I'm not sure she will and I think she will be tough to beat if she runs 90% of what she did in the SA derby she will win but I'm just not going to do it in the double. Will probably go with Farrell and miss sky warrior who I think is pretty damn good. I think if you take favorite in oaks you spread in the derby and try to catch a price to make some money. Thought about salty but hate the post in oaks and I just can't see Rosario being aggressive enough in the front end with her to overcome the outside post, think he will leave her with too much work coming in. Love Rosario but he gets too cute for me sometimes
Ok dammit. Tell me what to bet! I do it once a year and this is it! Come on man!

I'm a bit surprised that Paradise Woods took off like that. When I saw Samurai and woods hook up so early and then saw early fractions I figured they were toast, the wet track just takes a lot out of them as well. Two best horses IMO get locked up in a speed duel which opens it up for the rest. Something went wrong with Ferrell. If Derby sets up like that tomorrow it will be a total mess coming in.

I hate races like this because after a Baffert/ mike smith horse wins at 9-1 and you leave her off a double or pick 3 you sit there and ask yourself the question, Really? Why did I do that? I guess same reason I left American patriot off earlier but oh well.

Caught the late double coming in which helped, back at it tomorrow, gentleman

I keyed farrell, and it was playing perfect on the back stretch and then she dropped like a stone.. 40 lengths back makes you wonder what happened to her

I keyed farrell, and it was playing perfect on the back stretch and then she dropped like a stone.. 40 lengths back makes you wonder what happened to her

Yeah I had sky warrior and Farrell and I agree she was in position A, stalking pace. They interviewed jock for Farrell after, said she was empty at turn and he wrapped her up once she was fading which made it look worse than it was, said didn't appear to be anything wrong with her but who knows.

They just showed an English guy pouring a $2500 Mint Julep. I found myself wondering after he was done garnishing the drink, HOW IS THIS WORTH $2500?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!!!

here is a question.. its handicap racing,, why do they continue to make it so only guys who weight 120 lbs can ride? why not make it 150 or something so it wouldnt only be mostly guys from south america and some women who are small enough to ride? i know it would skew some old records for time, but 130 lbs is pretty light and most of those guys would be healthier with a bit more weight too

They just showed an English guy pouring a $2500 Mint Julep. I found myself wondering after he was done garnishing the drink, HOW IS THIS WORTH $2500?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!!!

Maybe he has his Lavar Ball sneakers on too.

Whenever I watch the Kentucky Derby and the gate opens, I always hope a horse will decide "sorry guys I'm good, I just don't feel like running today."

another huge payout.. I had 1,4,5,6,7 place.. I could see the taking Lee but battle of miday i would never have had.

Midway fought hard and saved my day with that $20 show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom