Kentucky effect | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky effect

Orangefan1

All Conference
One afterthought is how Kentucky is single handedly changing our program. They are plucking our kids left and right. Starting with Noel, Johnson, Briscoe, Green to name a few. Just these three names alone would of completely changed the trajectory of where we are now. I sure has hell feel like Briscoe would of been huge for us this year.

One afterthought is how Kentucky is single handedly changing our program. They are plucking our kids left and right. Starting with Noel, Johnson, Briscoe, Green to name a few. Just these three names alone would of completely changed the trajectory of where we are now. I sure has hell feel like Briscoe would of been huge for us this year.

With our luck he would have left last year.

The one they don't steal, Coleman. Love the kid, and wish his career went a different way but damn. It is getting old ending up 2nd to them. Would help if we had a recruiter, not an ex doing a lot of the work.

upload_2017-3-13_18-20-43.jpeg

It doesn't look like they're going anywhere so we better come up with some way to deal with it.

SU stopped recruiting Briscoe. Kentucky didn't steal him. He can't shoot. Why would you want him? Malik Monk and Fox make that team go, not him.

Um yeah, why wouldn't we want Briscoe?

Don't blame Kentucky for out recruiting us they out recruit everyone. Blame our recruiters for not getting the job done and recruiting the wrong guys. We have been terrible when it comes to recruiting for a while and it doesn't seem to be getting better any time soon.

Don't blame Kentucky for out recruiting us they out recruit everyone. Blame our recruiters for not getting the job done and recruiting the wrong guys. We have been terrible when it comes to recruiting for a while and it doesn't seem to be getting better any time soon.

If we are recruiting the wrong guys, why does Kentucky want them?

They are the wrong guys if U.K. wants them. They won't come here unless we are a 10 minute drive from their house.

Cal vs Boeheim...which one doesn't throw his players under the bus in his press conferences? Which one openly talks about getting his players to the NBA? Which one has huge boosters behind him? Which one has practices featured on ESPN? It's a no brainer for most kids. Cal is a brilliant marketer of his program.

They are the wrong guys if U.K. wants them. They won't come here unless we are a 10 minute drive from their house.

So we only recruit guys with Coach Cal's permission? It seems to me that the guys we've lost to him were guys that only we were recruiting to begin with and then he entered the picture late because he didn't get someone else he wanted or the player blew up late and suddenly Cal wanted him.

Cal vs Boeheim...which one doesn't throw his players under the bus in his press conferences? Which one openly talks about getting his players to the NBA? Which one has huge boosters behind him? Which one has practices featured on ESPN? It's a no brainer for most kids. Cal is a brilliant marketer of his program.

That's what we need- huge boosters.

Being at the draft looking like he's genuinely happy one of his kids is a millionaire is a nice touch as well. Probably looks better than trashing them in national tv.

That's what we need- huge boosters.

Lets not pretend they don't matter. He has big celebrities around his program and what 18 year old kid doesn't like that?

Play or be played.

Lets not pretend they don't matter. He has big celebrities around his program and what 18 year old kid doesn't like that?

Play or be played.

Who would be our huge boosters? Or do we need to change the curriculum?

Indeed. But for the two mercenaries, we would have been a disaster this year. We got those two because they saw an opportunity.

Wrong guys as in how many busts have we had in the past 4 years. Also Syracuse doesn't appeal to one and done guys. Our system doesn't showcase them the way KU does. KU probably runs more fast breaks in a game then we do all season

Who would be our huge boosters? Or do we need to change the curriculum?

Not sure what your point is. Mine is that Cal, beyond being a great coach is a master recruiter and marketer of his program. I don't like UK but I can't ignore a good thing when I see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom