Kentucky fighting for their lives | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky fighting for their lives

Oh, they're on the outside looking in right now. Resume is unimpressive.
They haven't even played the only top 25 teams in their conference yet in Florida and Miss, and I don't know how many of those 3 games they will win. 1, maybe 2 if they're hot?

And don't you wish their best win was against RPI 69?
Has a better ring to it.
Was gonna mention this stuff. http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_357_Men.html

They were ranked 52nd before losing last night, and their only "quality win" appears to be a 3-pt win over Maryland (67th) on a neutral court ... their first game of the year.

If they can't take out Florida or Mizzou, then beating Mississippi on the road could turn out to be their signature win of the season... if they can win it :rolling:

Kentucky is now 0-6 vs teams ranked in the top 60.I think their best win is like a 68 RPI team. If they dont start winning games they will be right on the bubble come NCAA time.

If Kentucky is even remotely close to the bubble they will get in, dont kid yourself.

If Kentucky is even remotely close to the bubble they will get in, dont kid yourself.

Normally I would agree with you but with the improvement of other conferences (like the Mountain West) teams that are normally locks in a BCS conference will lose out to bids from teams of these smaller conferences.

Kentucky better hope they beat some of the better teams on their schedule and hope that there is not a lot of bid stealing going on come conference tourney time.

So if Kentucky doesn't have 5 guys who can go pro where do all the recruits fit in scholarship wise?
I would guess if this year's frosh aren't ready to head to the NBA (and other than Noel, they aren't), they will be called aside and "encouraged" to transfer. Among the 6 they have already signed are 3 consensus Top 10's. The 3 unsigned Top 10's remaining-- Wiggins, Randle and Gordon--Kentucky is prominently mentioned with all of them.

Normally I would agree with you but with the improvement of other conferences (like the Mountain West) teams that are normally locks in a BCS conference will lose out to bids from teams of these smaller conferences.

Kentucky better hope they beat some of the better teams on their schedule and hope that there is not a lot of bid stealing going on come conference tourney time.

If it was a regular school I would agree with you 100% but when your talking about a traditional blue blood ie Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Indiana etc, if they are anywhere close there going to get in. If I were another team on the bubble with UK I would really be concerned because they will get bumped not the Wildcats. If you go back the past two decades its almost impossible to find a time where any of the blue bloods were truly on the bubble and didnt get in, its almost a lock for them. For SU its the oppostie, if were on the bubble forget about it were not getting in.

If it was a regular school I would agree with you 100% but when your talking about a traditional blue blood ie Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Indiana etc, if they are anywhere close there going to get in. If I were another team on the bubble with UK I would really be concerned because they will get bumped not the Wildcats. If you go back the past two decades its almost impossible to find a time where any of the blue bloods were truly on the bubble and didnt get in, its almost a lock for them. For SU its the oppostie, if were on the bubble forget about it were not getting in.

Normally I would agree with you. However this year the SEC is the 8th ranked RPI conference. Think about that. They are behind the A-10 for crying out loud. That is damaging and will not help them regardless of who they are come selection Sunday time if they dont win some games against better competition.

Was gonna mention this stuff. http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_357_Men.html

They were ranked 52nd before losing last night, and their only "quality win" appears to be a 3-pt win over Maryland (67th) on a neutral court ... their first game of the year.

If they can't take out Florida or Mizzou, then beating Mississippi on the road could turn out to be their signature win of the season... if they can win it :rolling:

Hell, they've only beaten two teams with winning records, Maryland being one of them.

Normally I would agree with you. However this year the SEC is the 8th ranked RPI conference. Think about that. They are behind the A-10 for crying out loud. That is damaging and will not help them regardless of who they are come selection Sunday time if they dont win some games against better competition.

Unfortunately I dont think RPI for the conference or how bad the SEC is will matter. Its whats on the front of the Jersey that matters, if they have any sort of mediocore record they will get in, period.

just watched swingers again sunday night. you are so money!
I was trying to fit in the "Our baby all grows up" part into a post the other day, to refer to Jerami Grant, but couldn't work it in without the curse words.

I was trying to fit in the "Our baby all grows up" part into a post the other day, to refer to Jerami Grant, but couldn't work it in without the curse words.

grant is so money and he doesnt even know it.

Oh, they're on the outside looking in right now. Resume is unimpressive.
They haven't even played the only top 25 teams in their conference yet in Florida and Miss, and I don't know how many of those 3 games they will win. 1, maybe 2 if they're hot?

And don't you wish their best win was against RPI 69?
Has a better ring to it.

This is the NCAA were talking about. UK is their love child. NCAA will somehow force the committee into letting a 16 win UK teams into the tourney over other worthy 21 win teams.

May the NCAA/UK corruption snow ball continue get bigger.

And without Florida, they'd be worse than that!

grant is so money and he doesnt even know it.
I love how the tables are turned in the end, how Vince Vaughn is not so sure of himself, and John Favreau is finally $ money $
Just like Jerami, he all grows up, right in front of our eyes.

The best part of all of this is that the SEC, outside of Florida and maybe Ole Miss sucks this year. To see Kentucky finish below .500 in a terrible division would be sweet.

In 2007 Arkansas was under .500 in SEC league play in the terrible West division and still stole SU's NCAA bid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom