Kentucky / Northwestern | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky / Northwestern

DomeStranger

All Conference
Anyone watching this one? This could get crazy. First Northwestern's QB messes up his leg getting tackled after catching a double pass, out for the game. Then after Kentucky's star running back Snell gets gang tackled, the ref grabs him to help him up and he just pushes his hands out of the way not wanting the help and gets tossed for making contact with an official! The official made contact with him! He was just refusing it!

That call was so awful, 15 yard penalty is bad enough, but to toss a star player for no reason is inexcusable, that ref needs to be held accountable. Crazy thing is I'm rooting for NW but that was just wrong on all levels.

Yeah, that ejection was pure nonsense. The ref initiated contact and then ejected him. Must have got his feelings hurt.

The refs are clearly punishing Calipari, haha.

And yet another questionable ejection ... make-up ejection call? Unbelievable, if this game ends up with full on brawl, I'll know exactly how caused it.

Wow. Now a targeting call. That ref clearly enjoys the spotlight.

Yeah, that ejection was pure nonsense. The ref initiated contact and then ejected him. Must have got his feelings hurt.
bet he said something derogatory to the ref-

Kentucky has a pretty darn good early signing period class so far.

If there is any coach that should be on a hot seat it’s Kentucky’s Stoops

I believe that there was some bad choice of words from the player then the throat slash didn't help.

Immediate reaction: the ref is racist.

bet he said something derogatory to the ref-
That was my guess as well. Not sure how the rule is worded. Obviously there was contact with the referee - initiated by the referee it appears. But if the kid puts his hands out and pushes the refs hands away and says, "Get away from me you a-hole." Yeah, I'm flagging him too.

The thing was the kid stepped out out bounds and the side judge should have been blowing his whistle to stop the contact from going that far.

Immediate reaction: the ref is racist.

My immediate reaction was that the ref was a Northwestern fan, or had $$ on the game.

I’m sure it’s not a popular take, but the ref was within the rules and I don’t personally have an issue with it. I never found it hard to be respectful to the refs when I played. And when I was upset I might say something as I walked away but never touched a ref. Regardless of whether the ref reached out, the player threw his hands off him. I’m all for protecting the refs and that includes establishing these boundaries that no matter who you are, you don’t touch the refs.
And for those that say he didn’t initiate the contact, what if the ref was pulling people off a pile and one of those people punches him? That wouldn’t be initial contact either, but he’d get ejected. The rule means the player (initiated) took the action upon himself to touch the ref, as opposed to accidentally running into him or something.

I’m sure it’s not a popular take, but the ref was within the rules and I don’t personally have an issue with it. I never found it hard to be respectful to the refs when I played. And when I was upset I might say something as I walked away but never touched a ref. Regardless of whether the ref reached out, the player threw his hands off him. I’m all for protecting the refs and that includes establishing these boundaries that no matter who you are, you don’t touch the refs.
And for those that say he didn’t initiate the contact, what if the ref was pulling people off a pile and one of those people punches him? That wouldn’t be initial contact either, but he’d get ejected. The rule means the player (initiated) took the action upon himself to touch the ref, as opposed to accidentally running into him or something.

This is a pretty awful comparison, lol, you're trying way too hard. The ref did not need protecting here, if anything the player did. You want to penalize and warn the kid, sure go ahead, but that play did not warrant an ejection.

Anyone watching this one? This could get crazy. First Northwestern's QB messes up his leg getting tackled after catching a double pass, out for the game. Then after Kentucky's star running back Snell gets gang tackled, the ref grabs him to help him up and he just pushes his hands out of the way not wanting the help and gets tossed for making contact with an official! The official made contact with him! He was just refusing it!

That call was so awful, 15 yard penalty is bad enough, but to toss a star player for no reason is inexcusable, that ref needs to be held accountable. Crazy thing is I'm rooting for NW but that was just wrong on all levels.

Some of these refs are raging vaginas knowing the bright lights are on. That said, on a good note; a friend of mine who is an ACC ref, mostly a back judge, rated out so well this year that he will be working the Rose Bowl in a few days. So excited for him. Chris Junjulas from Clifton Park, NY, just north of Albany and South of Saratoga.