Key to the game Bradford, Petry, Villari, Allen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Key to the game Bradford, Petry, Villari, Allen

More is going to need help pass blocking(if he's actually playing).
Going to see a level of player not found playing against Richmond.
And they haven't seen a QB as big and fast as Shrader.
This could be a game where Shrader throws for 300, and runs for 130.

After rewatching the last game, I think a big key going forward is the play of our guy Enrique. He has to be better. His play has been less than stellar against weak opponents. Will be watching Shrader’s back closely tomorrow.

After rewatching the last game, I think a big key going forward is the play of our guy Enrique. He has to be better. His play has been less than stellar against weak opponents. Will be watching Shrader’s back closely tomorrow.
Agreed. He has not been very good at all.

More is going to need help pass blocking(if he's actually playing).
Going to see a level of player not found playing against Richmond.

I think that's overstating it a bit. While at richmond, he played against several p5 teams, he's been at Syracuse for spring practice, and also preseason camp.

Now, he hasn't taken a P5 snap yet, which is worrisome, but he's not a complete rookie with respect to this level of play.

Hope he's as close to 100% as possible.

I think that's overstating it a bit. While at richmond, he played against several p5 teams, he's been at Syracuse for spring practice, and also preseason camp.

Now, he hasn't taken a P5 snap yet, which is worrisome, but he's not a complete rookie with respect to this level of play.

Hope he's as close to 100% as possible.
Agreed. Going up against our front led by Rocky Long all through spring and summer is definitely a good way to get yourself ready for P5 ball. I’m more worried about the rust of coming off an injury the last 3 weeks or so than anything else.

Does he though? I thought Villari doubled him up for Colgate game.

I have notice Mang still missing blocks and blitz pickups in the first two games. It’s bothersome
Good point, I'm not sure how the snap count has broken down this current season between them.

Hopefully Joe is ready to go but only plays after the game is put away.
Petry played well and continuity is important in OL play so he will start. My guess is he travels as insurance vs starting.

Agreed. Going up against our front led by Rocky Long all through spring and summer is definitely a good way to get yourself ready for P5 ball. I’m more worried about the rust of coming off an injury the last 3 weeks or so than anything else.

Ditto, across the board.

Hopefully Joe is ready to go but only plays after the game is put away.
Petry played well and continuity is important in OL play so he will start. My guess is he travels as insurance vs starting.
Yup, Petry graded out a whole level higher than Wobby

Bradford has been the bigger prob

Just don’t chip and slip with mang cause he’ll miss the chip part.

Wohl got the start but I don’t think Petry was far behind if at all. He was seen so much with the 1s in camp it appeared as if he might be the starter. I feel ok about Petry. I also don’t know how the Purdue DE is on that side. Haven’t looked at it.

I agree this is the LaQuint swing pass coming out party. And if they pull someone out of the box to cover that we can take advantage of that to.
I like Villari hope he does get some chip and slip, to me he seems physical, IMO he does chip and slip he will be looking to hit people. I agree with the Allen coming out party, simply because up to this point, we have not needed to throw to him, but tonight is the time. For some reason I feel special teams will decide this one.

GO CUSE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom