Keys to beating LSU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Keys to beating LSU

Some people here play too many video games and watch too many sports movies, they wouldn't be good movies if the dude gives a pep talk and they go out and get blistered by 50. I would like to be able to dunk a basketball at age 40, regardless of what movies I watch I still will not be able to do it regardless of how "pumped up" I get. Ain't happening. Worse beating since GT and before that PSU 2008. I get the qb can't throw like Andrew Luck, won't need to. You could bring Vince Lombardi into that locker room and we still lose by 35-40
Or maybe some of us remember things like VT 2002 when we held a 1300 yard RB by the name of Lee Suggs to only 65 yards on 19 carries and beat the #8 team in the country. Other games we had no business winning...Arob vs UL, Grob vs ND, Friday Night Teddy Bridgewater, Friday night WV, etc....It's college football, have a beer and let's GO CUSE!

Last edited:
Was watching the LSU big cat drills on youtube a few minutes ago. Pretty sure Steven can do well against whomever he faces on the OL. Looking forward to the matchups tomorrow.
I hope he can hold his own. The DL will be under pressure all day and Fournette has been nearly untouchable at the line.

I hope he can hold his own. The DL will be under pressure all day and Fournette has been nearly untouchable at the line.
That's why you need to hit him before he gets there... ;)

Do we have the smallest room for error? Yes. Can we hang with a team that plays into our strength on D? Maybe. Can we pull a historic upset? Sure why not. We could also get blown out, but gotta have some hope!

Overconfidence by LSU. Poor game planning by the same. For instance, they were probably game planning against our first string QB at the start of the season. Surprise! Good luck planning against our fifth string! There ain't enough film!
I don't really think that LSU was game planning for the Orange before the start of the season, with Miss State and Auburn in back to back weeks...

Was watching the LSU big cat drills on youtube a few minutes ago. Pretty sure Steven can do well against whomever he faces on the OL. Looking forward to the matchups tomorrow.
All five are projected to get drafted at this point - I'm not so sure that silly Big Cat should be a barometer for anything. Our OL vs your DL and vica-versa will definitely be what decides this game.

124940533-syracuse-orange-fans-hold-up-their-keys-on-gettyimages.jpg

I'll show myself out...

Yes, I am certain our 6-3 320lb powerlifting champion who was born and raised in SEC country has already shat himself several times thinking about having to go up against your line.

This is escalating to a level that is ridiculous. I can't wait to see what HCSS and DCCB have up their sleeves.
Easy now, didn't say all that. Just relaying the facts with regards to our players. We can revisit this in 24 hours when I'm sure I'll have lots of crow to dine on :cool:

Easy there fellas all will be resolved in less than 24 hours!

Yes, I am certain our 6-3 320lb powerlifting champion who was born and raised in SEC country has already shat himself several times thinking about having to go up against your line.

This is escalating to a level that is ridiculous. I can't wait to see what HCSS and DCCB have up their sleeves.
Overreact much?

The key to beating LSU is rather simple:

At 1:30AM tonight, pull the fire alarm at their hotel.

Then, when the fire department gives the all clear at 2:30AM - allowing everyone back inside - wait 30 minutes and pull it AGAIN.

During this SECOND fire alarm, might I suggest someone sneaking INTO the hotel and putting itching powder in all LSU players' beds (I saw this on the Brady Bunch once)

By the time everything's settled, it'll be 4:30AM and the Tigers will spend the rest of the night unable to sleep as they scratch and scratch and scratch their little paws off.

All this will guarantee that the guys in gold will be exhausted for the 11AM (their time) kickoff.

With or without the fire alarms and itching powder, I'm predicting the first major national upset of the season:

SU 26
LSU 24

Geaux Orange!!!

I don't really think that LSU was game planning for the Orange before the start of the season, with Miss State and Auburn in back to back weeks...

I'm proud that your one message on the forum was in reply to my message. Hooray!

I hope LSU just started their research this past week. That would be awesome.

Love the optimism but come on... Auburn would roll us. The ACC just doesnt come close to the SEC... especially this year. Sadly he is right also, LSU playing their C game will be enough for a comfortable win.
How do you feel now about your claim that our conferences don't compare in any way?

Some people here play too many video games and watch too many sports movies, they wouldn't be good movies if the dude gives a pep talk and they go out and get blistered by 50. I would like to be able to dunk a basketball at age 40, regardless of what movies I watch I still will not be able to do it regardless of how "pumped up" I get. Ain't happening. Worse beating since GT and before that PSU 2008. I get the qb can't throw like Andrew Luck, won't need to. You could bring Vince Lombardi into that locker room and we still lose by 35-40

You were saying?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom