Keys to beating LSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Keys to beating LSU

Syracuse is also 6th in the nation in tackles for loss. Have we played LSU yet? No we havent, but you also havent played Syracuse yet. We are not the pathetic Auburn team you rolled over last week.
Love the optimism but come on... Auburn would roll us. The ACC just doesnt come close to the SEC... especially this year. Sadly he is right also, LSU playing their C game will be enough for a comfortable win.

Love the optimism but come on... Auburn would roll us. The ACC just doesnt come close to the SEC... especially this year. Sadly he is right also, LSU playing their C game will be enough for a comfortable win.

I would LOVE to be playing Auburn this weekend instead of LSU. Auburn didn't roll JAX ST, why do you think they would roll us?

Here are my keys:
upload_2015-9-24_14-49-20.jpeg

upload_2015-9-24_14-49-33.jpeg

Some people here play too many video games and watch too many sports movies, they wouldn't be good movies if the dude gives a pep talk and they go out and get blistered by 50. I would like to be able to dunk a basketball at age 40, regardless of what movies I watch I still will not be able to do it regardless of how "pumped up" I get. Ain't happening. Worse beating since GT and before that PSU 2008. I get the qb can't throw like Andrew Luck, won't need to. You could bring Vince Lombardi into that locker room and we still lose by 35-40

I would LOVE to be playing Auburn this weekend instead of LSU. Auburn didn't roll JAX ST, why do you think they would roll us?

I think they would too. Our secondary is really inexperienced and we have a walk on QB. I'm not trying to be a downer and I'm sure Zach is a great kid but let's call a spade a spade. I'm always excited to see our boys play regardless, but I'm just hoping we make it past this week with no more injuries. With that said, I've never traveled to another college team's stadium to watch Cuse play but... 2017 @ LSU with a soph. Moe Neal, Jr. Dungey, Strickland, Fredricks, and a Sr. Ish, Erv, Curtis, Enocy... Best believe I'm gonna be there.

Some people here play too many video games and watch too many sports movies, they wouldn't be good movies if the dude gives a pep talk and they go out and get blistered by 50. I would like to be able to dunk a basketball at age 40, regardless of what movies I watch I still will not be able to do it regardless of how "pumped up" I get. Ain't happening. Worse beating since GT and before that PSU 2008. I get the qb can't throw like Andrew Luck, won't need to. You could bring Vince Lombardi into that locker room and we still lose by 35-40

Dude - we get it and on premise I agree but you're making LSU out to be the '27 Yankees and us the Bad News Bears.

That's not the margin we are working with here.

Dude - we get it and on premise I agree but you're making LSU out to be the '27 Yankees and us the Bad News Bears.

That's not the margin we are working with here.

We will see. 5th string qb to boot.

Fair enough but not sure we would be competitive with Jackson State without Dungey. Agreed I would much rather face Auburn, but they are far superior to us with our current qb situatuon. IMO

We will see. 5th string qb to boot.

As I said, I agree with the premise but you're acting like we have zero D1 players and shouldn't be on the field with this team.

Maybe you're right, but the hyperbole is a bit over the top.

I'm not sure we can think much about keys to winning this game. LSU is a heck of a good team and we'll need luck as much as anything just to score points. All we can do is our best and hope some good things happen early in the game when SU fans are still into the game. In the end, effort will be our best attribute against superior firepower. With the knowledge that victory is extremely unlikely, why is there such concern about perceptions of the game? The team is going to do its best, have a week off, and try to find at least 3 more victories in 8 games. Other than making the LSU game as fun and positive as possible, it just doesn't matter.

As I said, I agree with the premise but you're acting like we have zero D1 players and shouldn't be on the field with this team.

Maybe you're right, but the hyperbole is a bit over the top.
Look, even with all our QB's intact (heck we could add Aaron Rodgers) defeating LSU or any power SEC team would be a herculean task. The great thing is our players have an opportunity a punchers chance if you will. Could it be shades of the Nebraska game? We'll all know soon enough. Let's enjoy this opportunity and cheer like heck for the home team!

I'm not sure we can think much about keys to winning this game. LSU is a heck of a good team and we'll need luck as much as anything just to score points. All we can do is our best and hope some good things happen early in the game when SU fans are still into the game. In the end, effort will be our best attribute against superior firepower. With the knowledge that victory is extremely unlikely, why is there such concern about perceptions of the game? The team is going to do its best, have a week off, and try to find at least 3 more victories in 8 games. Other than making the LSU game as fun and positive as possible, it just doesn't matter.

Only Joe Maddon would crack this one out...

I would be comfortable putting money on beating Auburn if we have Dungey. My point was about our Defense...so Dungey being out doesnt apply.

Hope to see you at the game... haha nothing but sunshing and freakin unicorns in this thread. It's sports guys...anything can happen. How about you send that message to the team so they can read it before the game and give up.

Fair enough but not sure we would be competitive with Jackson State without Dungey. Agreed I would much rather face Auburn, but they are far superior to us with our current qb situatuon. IMO
We wouldnt be COMPETITIVE against jackson st without Dungey...yet we beat a CMU team that should have beat oklahoma state in their first game. So now jackson state is better than CMU?

Ya, SU's YPG allowed is going to be much, much higher come Sunday.
Not to get technical..but if its an average ( which it is ) it wont jump that much unless the golden child runs for 400 yards.

Look, even with all our QB's intact (heck we could add Aaron Rodgers) defeating LSU or any power SEC team would be a herculean task. The great thing is our players have an opportunity a punchers chance if you will. Could it be shades of the Nebraska game? We'll all know soon enough. Let's enjoy this opportunity and cheer like heck for the home team!
Now its become ridiculous. So if we add Aaron Rodgers we still get blown out? Lets all just stop this ridiculous inflation of LSU.

Yeah - worm has turned.

We don't expect to win the game.
We expect LSU to be able to win the game and have better athletes.
We don't expect to do that well offensively, given our QB situation.

But, c'mon. We are better than what many are giving us credit for. I only hope the LSU team is taking us as lightly as everyone else is.

Macky44 said:
We wouldnt be COMPETITIVE against jackson st without Dungey...yet we beat a CMU team that should have beat oklahoma state in their first game. So now jackson state is better than CMU?
CMU played a nice game against Oklahoma State, but they shouldn't, by any metric, have won. CMU lost by 11, and based on Oklahoma State's performance, they had win expectancy of 70%

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/pages/2015-oklahoma-state-advanced-statistical-profile

Also, the transitive property is never ever a reliable indicator of future performance.

I think the plan should be to dink and dunk first. Keep them on their heels and then mix in some misdirection and shots deep. If you line up and run on 1st and 2nd downs, you play right into their strength.
You mean like CMU did to us? Over 500 yards, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah - worm has turned.

We don't expect to win the game.
We expect LSU to be able to win the game and have better athletes.
We don't expect to do that well offensively, given our QB situation.

But, c'mon. We are better than what many are giving us credit for. I only hope the LSU team is taking us as lightly as everyone else is.
Road game with an 11am start alone is enough to rein in expectations. Going up against such an effective rush defense is another. I expect a sluggish start on our part and a legitimate game for a half if not longer...

Road game with an 11am start alone is enough to rein in expectations. Going up against such an effective rush defense is another. I expect a sluggish start on our part and a legitimate game for a half if not longer...
I agree. There are a few factors that will come into play and the score will be much closer than it should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom