Kidd joining Knicks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kidd joining Knicks

Now lets imagine Lebron had Jason Kidd's unfortunate incident years ago... I imagine this board would not be as forgiving. Just a hunch...

Ok, I follow, and I do in general absolutely believe what you are saying.

Can we get back to the Knciks then? Why would Houston make that last year a team option for Lin>
No idea but that is a great deal for NY. First year and second year are a bargain, third year it escalates to 9.2 mil (?) which we will probably just eat the luxury tax penalty and 4th year, team option we can probably move salary around to make it work if hes the real deal, also makes Lin a trade piece in third year as an expiring contract just in case. Kidd will be a terrific mentor for Lin and a solid, talented backup. I feel alot more confident going into Miami with Lin/Kidd and Kidd being in Lin's ear during the game. Plus Kidd wont be able to pull Lin's hair again ;)

Also, dont know if you heard this too...Amare apparantly has a early termination clause in his contract after this year. I dont know for sure but ive heard it mentioned a few times now. Give it a shot this year, if it doesnt work again, peace out Amare and then the Lin contract is easily affordable.

Now lets imagine Lebron had Jason Kidd's unfortunate incident years ago... I imagine this board would not be as forgiving. Just a hunch...
I dont think LBJ is a horrible person. Its a sports thing. As a Knicks fan I have to hate him even though he is an unreal basketball player. Do I really hate him...no, not at all.

I never liked Vick for turning us down for Va Tech. Im a huge pitbull advocate so you can imagine how I felt about what he did and I didnt like him to begin with. However, he seems to have changed and ill give him the benefit of the doubt, so much so that I was all for Buffalo (my NFL team) signing him, until Goodell shadily stopped that from happening.

Also, dont know if you heard this too...Amare apparantly has a early termination clause in his contract after this year. I dont know for sure but ive heard it mentioned a few times now. Give it a shot this year, if it doesnt work again, peace out Amare and then the Lin contract is easily affordable.

I'm pretty sure the ETO is for the player.

I think Isola wrote a piece that says the Knicks have an early termination clause for both Amare and Melo?

I don't think that is right. It's a player option, unless there is something new. Howard waived his ETO last year, Melo was going to exercise his, that was why Denver traded him.

Would love to be wrong on this, of course

its truly amazing how quickly we judge based upon a simple stereotype to the point we make it impossible for us to see things clearly. let me preface this by saying abuse is horrible and deserves punishment, and often men are more likely to commit abuse than women.

as a kid i was abused by my mother who was an alcoholic. she financially defrauded my dad, cheated on him and got kicks from throwing hard objects at my head. my dad one time put a hand on her in an argument , upset over what had become. it was simply a shove that resuted in a chain reaction fall that broke her rib.. divorce and a court date followed. the abuse i dealt with was more often verbal but physical as well. she deserved what she got and today is a model citizen who i have a good relationship with. i was happy her abuse wasnt turned into the police as it was something she overcame.

if you cant get what i am trying to say here you never will understand why kidd should be given an opportunity to be viewed objectively vs immediately villified. let me add i dont like sharing such stories but seeing the ignorance on such matters is upsetting. abuse happens many different ways and is often an unintended consequence of other correctable issues.

its truly amazing how quickly we judge based upon a simple stereotype to the point we make it impossible for us to see things clearly. let me preface this by saying abuse is horrible and deserves punishment, and often men are more likely to commit abuse than women.

as a kid i was abused by my mother who was an alcoholic. she financially defrauded my dad, cheated on him and got kicks from throwing hard objects at my head. my dad one time put a hand on her in an argument , upset over what had become. it was simply a shove that resuted in a chain reaction fall that broke her rib.. divorce and a court date followed. the abuse i dealt with was more often verbal but physical as well. she deserved what she got and today is a model citizen who i have a good relationship with. i was happy her abuse wasnt turned into the police as it was something she overcame.

if you cant get what i am trying to say here you never will understand why kidd should be given an opportunity to be viewed objectively vs immediately villified. let me add i dont like sharing such stories but seeing the ignorance on such matters is upsetting. abuse happens many different ways and is often an unintended consequence of other correctable issues.
Thanks for sharing. Your story is much more powerful than my Rihanna/Chris Brown story and does what I was trying to do, which is point out how much could be involved that we dont know about. Cliches such as "you should never hit a woman" are true, but they shouldnt be held as blanket statements that define a mans life, especially when noone here knows the back story and goes on to ignore the perceived change in that man since the incident.

I've never been a Kidd fan but he should be able to help the Knicks. He no longer feels the need to be a primary scoring option which I always thought he was poor at. He is a great distributor and one of the best passers I've ever seen. Melo and 'Mare better keep their heads on a swivel or they'll catch a would be assist off the side of their head! I'dve obviously preferred Nash but Kidd and Lin should be fine. Hope they keep Douglas around too. Shump is going to be the key to the Knicks this year. I just hope Melo doesn't have to spend as much time going 1 on 5 as he did last year, or jacking as many 3's either.

Not to get sidetracked here but I have to say, I dont think women these days are like women of my parents generation and definately not like that of my grandparents generation. If im wrong someone correct me, but I am 29 and have been around girls like the type that go after NBA players, rap stars, dance in videos and act like "modeling" is posing half naked next to a Phantom while making it rain. Maybe its the type of girls ive been around, but even normal girls nowadays are acting like dudes. They sleep around, spit game, talk , start fights, love drama and are pretty hard to have respect for. I say this because of some of the actions ive heard J Kidd's wife at the time involved in. You have to be careful who you fall for these days...this has probably always been true but where it seemed guys were the ones acting like dogs, now women are too.

This obviously doesnt mean hitting a woman is right, but the landscape of how women conduct themselves is changing drastically.

Ok, I follow, and I do in general absolutely believe what you are saying.

Can we get back to the Knciks then? Why would Houston make that last year a team option for Lin>

Regarding the Knicks, I think he can definitely help Lin. A guy who played at Berkeley mentoring a kid from Harvard, great story. Plus, I think Kidd will be someone who can be a coach on the floor to help out Melo (which I think is desperately needed).

I think it is pretty safe to say that Kidd's ex wife is quite insane.

I think Cuban mentioned Kidd was a guy who their advanced metrics loved. Now maybe he was saying it because the guy was on his team, but I could buy it. He's obviously a very savvy player.

So, we have a debate about the propriety of beating the out of one's wife, counterbalanced against the mitigating factors of time, friendship, and intervening good deeds?

How does this impact the Orange next year? I keed, I keed.

Seriously though, this is really a highly charged moral, ethical, and (possibly) political issue, and there's 0% chance of a common ground being reached.

I wonder if anybody on this board was friendly with Paterno and cares to vouch for his good deeds, which surely dwarfed those of Jason Kidd? Or at least John Wooden, who people on this board have essentially deemed the scum of the earth?

Maybe its the type of girls ive been around, but even normal girls nowadays are acting like dudes. They sleep around, spit game, talk , start fights, love drama and are pretty hard to have respect for.

So if girls nowadays are "acting like dudes", and thus, "are pretty hard to have respect for", does that mean that dudes are pretty hard to have respect for also since girls are acting like us?

So if girls nowadays are "acting like dudes", and thus, "are pretty hard to have respect for", does that mean that dudes are pretty hard to have respect for also since girls are acting like us?
Yes, absolutely. Like I said before it seemed guys were the ones who "acted like dogs"...now girls do too. Its an equal playing field.

So, we have a debate about the propriety of beating the out of one's wife, counterbalanced against the mitigating factors of time, friendship, and intervening good deeds?

Seriously though, this is really a highly charged moral, ethical, and (possibly) political issue, and there's 0% chance of a common ground being reached.

I wonder if anybody on this board was friendly with Paterno and cares to vouch for his good deeds, which surely dwarfed those of Jason Kidd? Or at least John Wooden, who people on this board have essentially deemed the scum of the earth?

So you want this thread to keep raging, too? ;)

poppy .. your far from on point here .. must we add the celebrity vs not dynamic here? the whole point is about judgment.. unless you have been a part of something of such your thoughts are only supported by general overtones.. and essentially armchair opinion is all that is in play.. if that makes you an expert then i will gladly turn in my 3 degrees from su and put my name in the hat to be the next knicks coach.

the passive aggressive stance of balancing positives vs negatives is not the point here. this is much more the jim boeheim support of fine(we dont know the circumstances) than joe paterno( who avoided the issue by passing the buck) . abuse is cloudy.. trust me there.

Not to get sidetracked here but I have to say, I dont think women these days are like women of my parents generation and definately not like that of my grandparents generation. If im wrong someone correct me, but I am 29 and have been around girls like the type that go after NBA players, rap stars, dance in videos and act like "modeling" is posing half naked next to a Phantom while making it rain. Maybe its the type of girls ive been around, but even normal girls nowadays are acting like dudes. They sleep around, spit game, talk , start fights, love drama and are pretty hard to have respect for. I say this because of some of the actions ive heard J Kidd's wife at the time involved in. You have to be careful who you fall for these days...this has probably always been true but where it seemed guys were the ones acting like dogs, now women are too.

This obviously doesnt mean hitting a woman is right, but the landscape of how women conduct themselves is changing drastically.

Are you familiar with the expression "quit while you're ahead?"

back to the knicks.. its a good move .. kidd has some left in the tank.. he is a good leadership presence and can help enforce the message coming fro
chandler and woodson.. if they can get a 3rd string pg to add insurance as another energy guy they are set.. lucas 3 would be a good get

poppy .. your far from on point here .. must we add the celebrity vs not dynamic here? the whole point is about judgment.. unless you have been a part of something of such your thoughts are only supported by general overtones.. and essentially armchair opinion is all that is in play.. if that makes you an expert then i will gladly turn in my 3 degrees from su and put my name in the hat to be the next knicks coach.

the passive aggressive stance of balancing positives vs negatives is not the point here. this is much more the jim boeheim support of fine(we dont know the circumstances) than joe paterno( who avoided the issue by passing the buck) . abuse is cloudy.. trust me there.

The "celebrity vs. not dynamic" is in reference to the thread's early posts, in which the implication was that a respected poster actually knew Kidd and could vouch for him, and ipso facto he's a man of character.

My main point, really, is that this issue is a loaded timebomb and people will never agree. When it comes to this topic, the metaphor about opinions and is never more appropriate.

Are you familiar with the expression "quit while you're ahead?"
Yes, and I still felt like making the statement. If you disagree thats cool man. How old are you? Have you met women like J Kidd's wife? Do you know what went on in their relationship? I never said hitting a woman is right, its completely and utterly wrong but I think what I posted is relevant as an offshoot to this discussion. If noone cares to expand on it, fine but ive been around women like that in my life and so maybe that makes me more understanding that much more goes on and someone shouldnt be demonized forever if, in fact, they changed, which I believe Kidd has.

And I thought this was going to be a thread about the Knicks acquiring a point guard...silly me.

And I thought this was going to be a thread about the Knicks acquiring a point guard...silly me.
Chances of that were null and void when the OP threw the wife-beating reference into the post that started this whole thread.

I'm shocked, guess I shouldn't be, that it's not possible to even reach unanimity that beating other people, including those smaller and probably weaker, is bad.

If I were a Knicks fan, I'd like this pickup. Kidd may be no kid, but he's still a great passer.

Chances of that were null and void when the OP threw the wife-beating reference into the post that started this whole thread.

I'm shocked, guess I shouldn't be, that it's not possible to even reach unanimity that beating other people, including those smaller and probably weaker, is bad.

If I were a Knicks fan, I'd like this pickup. Kidd may be no kid, but he's still a great passer.

And on a team full of scorers, isn't that exactly what was necessary?

Can you even imagine the Knicks with Steve Nash? They would go past the D'Antoni style and go right back to the Westhead run and gun days at Loyola. They'd play defense at the 3 and then 4 guys would break for the other end.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...-guard-jason-kidd-agrees-deal-new-york-knicks

I'm a big Jason Kidd fan, and I think this would be a great move for the Knicks. I like Kidd's comment about wanting to mentor Jeremy Lin.

I know someone will make the obligatory response here citing a long-ago unfortunate incident regarding Kidd. However, as one who got to know Jason at the 2008 Olympics, I think he would be a steadying influence for both the Knicks and Jeremy. He was without question the team leader and best-liked player on the 2008 Olympic team.

application.pdf

CTO, just speaking for myself here, but if you had not mentioned Jason Kidd's prior legal troubles with domestic violence, they never would have even crossed my mind in a thread about him going to the Knicks.