Kidney shot | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kidney shot

Very weird play. HC player I think was just trying to punch the ball out but he just kept going and never getting the ball. The players self awareness was non existent.
They don’t have cameras like that in FCS

Video here on Instagram.
Should've been tossed and suspended for the next game. He was punching nowhere close to the ball. This is where we need a videoboard operating crew that can replay that clip, slo-mo, and zoom in. Right after it happens. Give the fans something spicy to yell about.

If you throw a punch and miss the ball isn't the result just throwing a punch near a player, isn't that a penalty?
Now if you miss the ball and punch an opponent isn't that an ejection able offense because you are just throwing punches at players? This punching thing needs to really be reeled in.

Punching at the ball (during live action) is a part of football and not something that needs to be removed from the game. Players are padded and it would be very difficult to do much damage with a punch.

That said, punches thrown during a dead ball or with clearly no intent to hit the ball should be penalized up to an ejection.

Does anyone have a clip of those punches? I was at the game and missed it. I haven’t been able to catch a replay.
There is a full replay of the game available on Youtube. I watched it last night. It did not appear that the HC player was trying to punch the ball; he was hitting Kyle in the back. I think Kyle is all right as it appears he wore a "flak jacket" for the HC game.

Should've been tossed and suspended for the next game. He was punching nowhere close to the ball. This is where we need a videoboard operating crew that can replay that clip, slo-mo, and zoom in. Right after it happens. Give the fans something spicy to yell about.
100% should have been tossed and suspended. Kid is an a hole.

Since he wasn't, if he was on the field again, we should have been running running plays directly at him and having OL steamroll him repeatedly.

Punching at the ball (during live action) is a part of football and not something that needs to be removed from the game. Players are padded and it would be very difficult to do much damage with a punch.

That said, punches thrown during a dead ball or with clearly no intent to hit the ball should be penalized up to an ejection.
They are not padded through their midsection. Punching someone in the helmet which is the most protected part of a player is an ejection and sometime suspension but a punch anywhere else is just part of the game?

we should have been running running plays directly at him and having OL steamroll him repeatedly.
Unfortunately, I don't know if "steamroll" and our OL go in the same sentence.

They are not padded through their midsection. Punching someone in the helmet which is the most protected part of a player is an ejection and sometime suspension but a punch anywhere else is just part of the game?

Rib pads cover most of the midsection. QB’s often wear additional rib protection, usually called a ‘flak jacket’ and many players wear extended back pads that hang from the shoulder pads.

Intent matters. Punching somebody in the head would never have any legitimate purpose. Punching at the ball is a legitimate reason. If you happen to miss, so be it. Again, the risk of a punch to the midsection doing any kind of harm is very low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom