Kiko Alonso, Rookie of the year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kiko Alonso, Rookie of the year

Millhouse your '13-14 draft strategy was on, wait for QB for next year. That said, I think EJ is okay and their other draft picks were good for once.

Chip, no way Marrone would go for Freeman. You should know that well by now. He and 31 other teams already said No Thanks for a reason, and based on what we read and see these past few days, good reason. I assume Marrone would be #31 in taking him, and would do it only with a gun to his kid's head and confirming that some former SU backups aren't available.
I think Manuel is a bust but it was worth taking the shot on him considering they got woods and alonso. wasn't a wasted draft. i hope they have the brains to take a qb next year

I agree but without moving out of the 8 spot they would have never grabbed Alonso. I would rather have Alonso and Manuel than other possibilities.

Imagine Austin at #8 aka Roscoe Parrish and no MLB. yuck.
of all the qbs out there this year, i thought manuel was the best, still do. i just don't like any of them that much. worth a shot. bills spent too many years drafting safeties and DBs because they were scared of getting it wrong on a qb. who cares, keep drafting them, getting the right one makes up for all the ones you get wrong

Josh Freeman, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

How did Tuel end up on an NFL roster? Backing up a rookie no less. Seems to throw a nice screen pass though. I think.
Having good college numbers doesn't mean you'll be good in the nfl but having bad college numbers usually means you'll be bad in the nfl.

i can't believe an NFL team is going to start a guy who had a sub 120 rating in the Pac 10 the prior year

I think Manuel is a bust but it was worth taking the shot on him considering they got woods and alonso. wasn't a wasted draft. i hope they have the brains to take a qb next year

And as we know, your ability to assess QB's are their potential performance is second to none.

Last edited:
And as we know, you're ability to assess QB's are their potential performance is second to none.
Millhouse is about as good as anyone else.

And as we know, you're ability to assess QB's are their potential performance is second to none.
if you're going to be snarky fine, but try not to be stupid, ok?

part of the reason people should draft more quarterbacks is because it's hard to predict

if you're going to be snarky fine, but try not to be stupid, ok?

part of the reason people should draft more quarterbacks is because it's hard to predict

What does that have to do with declaring a player is a bust 5 games into his career?

Based on what exactly?
That nobody is really all that good at IDing legit NFL QBs, so Milly's opinion is pretty much as good as anyone's.

What does that have to do with declaring a player is a bust 5 games into his career?
i said i think he's a bust. i don't think he throws the ball well enough. i don't know he's bust, i just think he will be. if he ends up being good and they end up with too many good qbs, it's not the worst draft problem to have

I actually thought Manuel played decent last night against what is supposedly one of the best defenses in the league. EJ is a rookie with a shortened training camp who played all good/great defenses to start the season. I think hes been ehh so far but he certainly has star potential.

Woods and Alonso are unreal 2nd round picks. Both look like top 10 picks only 5 games in. Alonso is just ridiculously fun to watch, guy is a freak.

Too early to tell with EJ. Seems the offensive game plan for him is go out and don't lose the game for us and as a result he looks very tight and mechanical. Understand the coaching staff wants to win now, but this team isn't going very far this year and at some point have to hope they open up the offense so we / they can assess what they have. Running CJ up the gut and passing on third down not helping EJ's cause. Too lazy to go back and check but wasn't the TD pass to Woods against the Ravens on a first down play?

I heard Deleone is available to take over for Hackett. That is if running up middle on first and second down for gain of 2 yds and then running a 6 yd pass play on 3rd excites you.

Totally agree w/ Millhouse. Drafting multiple QBs when you don't have a franchise guy is so obviously correct it's astounding nobody does it (I guess the Redskins did last yr). Nothing else matters when you don't have one.

"Don't wanna ruin ____'s psyche (who would never be good anyway if he's that mentally fragile) so we'll continue sucking for another 18yrs". K great plan.

Last edited:

Little known fact, if you're the first in Buffalo to correctly call someone a bust, you get named Dyngus King.

you think he is a bust after 4 games?

EJ is out 4-8 weeks. I really don't see a downside to signing Josh Freeman. If he does well than great, everyone said EJ was a year or two away anyway. With Gilmore, McKelvin, Brooks and Byrd all coming back for their next game the team will finally be healthy aside from QB. I'll vomit all over myself if I have to watch Tuel lead this talented team into battle for the next 4-8 weeks as we throw away the season.

The odds are on your side. But after 4 games I think it is ridiculous.
Makes me flashback to rj Anderson. 100mph fastballs at guys 3feet away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom