Kirkland commits | Syracusefan.com

Kirkland commits

Holy JUCO invasion.. When did Doug Marrone become Bill Snyder? Doug is filling every hole that this team has immediately.

And there's no way we're done. Arciniega, Page, Savage, Kondolo, etc.

So, why are we going this direction?

Are we having troubles down the stretch with our HS targets?
Are the JUCO's wanted because of the increased competition in the ACC?
Are the remaining HS non-commits not deemed good enough.

When was the last time we took 5 JUCO's at signing?

I think it's because of the move to the Acc. We need size speed and depth. And we need it ASAP

So, why are we going this direction?

Are we having troubles down the stretch with our HS targets?
Are the JUCO's wanted because of the increased competition in the ACC?
Are the remaining HS non-commits not deemed good enough.

When was the last time we took 5 JUCO's at signing?

While we are most likely going to miss on our biggest target in Ogundeko, the decision to actively recruit JUCO's has a lot more to do with the increased competition in the ACC. In order to keep up the momentum the program has, we need kids that can step up and contribute immediately.

While we are most likely going to miss on our biggest target in Ogundeko, the decision to actively recruit JUCO's has a lot more to do with the increased competition in the ACC. In order to keep up the momentum the program has, we need kids that can step up and contribute immediately.
Do people think Doug shoulda done this from the beginning to get the momentum going faster?

Do people think Doug shoulda done this from the beginning to get the momentum going faster?

He probably was. It takes time. What he's done in 4 years, especially this year with a share of the championship, makes it a little easier to sell the program.

I love the JUCO signings. Just adds instant depth. Hope they keep filling those pipelines.

That kid is all over the place, I enjoyed his highlight tape. Someone took some time with it too. In the first minute and a half he had like 5 sacks. I know it is a highlight tape but the kid has some speed.

I think with the somewhat down year last year and the slow start this year we lost a lot of recruiting steam with the 2013 class. The talent we got already is good but Marrone isn't willing to snag the caliber players we can obtain at this point and is instead turning to JUCO's that are more willing to jump into the mix with us now that we will be in the ACC and try to fill some holes. Not that the talent of the JUCO's is necessarily all that much better but they we will only have them a couple of years and we hope to replace them with better talent. Getting JUCO's now helps improve the team immediately and the staff is trying to string together some consistent success to sell to future recruits. Plus it helps we had a large class last year with a lot of guys getting the red shirt.

I think with the somewhat down year last year and the slow start this year we lost a lot of recruiting steam with the 2013 class. The talent we got already is good but Marrone isn't willing to snag the caliber players we can obtain at this point and is instead turning to JUCO's that are more willing to jump into the mix with us now that we will be in the ACC and try to fill some holes. Not that the talent of the JUCO's is necessarily all that much better but they we will only have them a couple of years and we hope to replace them with better talent. Getting JUCO's now helps improve the team immediately and the staff is trying to string together some consistent success to sell to future recruits. Plus it helps we had a large class last year with a lot of guys getting the red shirt.

Last years class will be the key. I think there is some really good talent in that class, that will be very productive once they start to get on the field. I have a feeling that will be the class that changes the program, along with a few key guys this year (Allen, AE, Brown?)

Holy JUCO invasion.. When did Doug Marrone become Bill Snyder? Doug is filling every hole that this team has immediately.
probably right about the week that K State became #1 this season

I like it.

That kid is all over the place, I enjoyed his highlight tape. Someone took some time with it too. In the first minute and a half he had like 5 sacks. I know it is a highlight tape but the kid has some speed.
That kids pursuit angles are unbelievable...and his closing speed is pretty impressive. Let hope it translates to ACC play

While part of me agrees, another part of me then asks "is our current roster and depth that poor that we can't compete in the ACC?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom