KJ Williams dismissed from boys basketball team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

KJ Williams dismissed from boys basketball team

I hope young Mr. Williams learns not to tweet stuff like this.

I hear you...but what about KJ? The story went out, people here are already speculating and questioning his character...why not answer it? People should hear it straight from the horse's mouth. KJ probably could have found a different way to get his story out...take the high road, but that article went out publicly...I guess he thought he should try to set the record straight publicy too.:noidea:

@MinkNate: Spoke with KJ Williams' HS basketball coach. KJ NOT dismissed from team. KJ left team on own accord.

the kid missed practice to take the sat's and got benched for a bball game because of it. im sure i'd leave the team too. back off the kid.

the kid missed practice to take the sat's and got benched for a bball game because of it. im sure i'd leave the team too. back off the kid.
Pro Penn St coaches tampering with Syracuses' best recruit. Shocker.

And THIS is a prime example of why the degradation of newspaper reporting, which is devolving into sensationalized blogs with the 'press' label to legitimize the BS, is a serious problem. Here you have a 17 year old kid who's reputation is being messed with by small time reporters not much older than he is...and to what end? Creating negative spin on a high school athlete is just something that should be out of bounds. especially when there was no communication with the athlete in question to verify and/or hear his part of the story. clearly even the side they got they misinterpreted because they said he was dismissed from the team instead of left the team. That newspaper that published the initial piece seems to be based on website appearance, part of the newhouse / Syracuse media family of papers. Now for the past 2 days people on here have been questioning the character of an incoming freshman based on a flawed report by a hack moron reporter sitting in some shi*ty office park next to an intramodal transit hub for walmart in Allentown or Bethlehem PA. Nice way for the guy to start out his career. We should be happy, no overjoyed, that he quit basketball to focus on getting his academics together for his future at SU.

Last edited:
And THIS is a prime example of why the degradation of newspaper reporting, which is devolving into sensationalized blogs with the 'press' label to legitimize the BS, is a serious problem. Here you have a 17 year old kid who's reputation is being messed with by small time reporters not much older than he is...and to what end? Creating negative spin on a high school athlete is just something that should be out of bounds. especially when there was no communication with the athlete in question to verify and/or hear his part of the story. clearly even the side they got they misinterpreted because they said he was dismissed from the team instead of left the team. That newspaper that published the initial piece seems to be based on website appearance, part of the newhouse / Syracuse media family of papers. Now for the past 2 days people on here have been questioning the character of an incoming freshman based on a flawed report by a hack moron reporter sitting in some shi*ty office park next to an intramodal transit hub for walmart in Allentown or Bethlehem PA. Nice way for the guy to start out his career.

Actually the stupid reporter is 62, I looked him up.

And THIS is a prime example of why the degradation of newspaper reporting, which is devolving into sensationalized blogs with the 'press' label to legitimize the BS, is a serious problem. Here you have a 17 year old kid who's reputation is being messed with by small time reporters not much older than he is...and to what end? Creating negative spin on a high school athlete is just something that should be out of bounds. especially when there was no communication with the athlete in question to verify and/or hear his part of the story. clearly even the side they got they misinterpreted because they said he was dismissed from the team instead of left the team. That newspaper that published the initial piece seems to be based on website appearance, part of the newhouse / Syracuse media family of papers. Now for the past 2 days people on here have been questioning the character of an incoming freshman based on a flawed report by a hack moron reporter sitting in some shi*ty office park next to an intramodal transit hub for walmart in Allentown or Bethlehem PA. Nice way for the guy to start out his career. We should be happy, no overjoyed, that he quit basketball to focus on getting his academics together for his future at SU.

Another part of the problem is that there is such a voracious market of readers for stories about 17 year old high school kids. Writers wouldn't write if readers didn't read. The whole thing is creepy.

Is there a bias and this guy is part of the Nittany cult? If Williams goes to PSU would this article have said "Williams does the right thing and puts academics first!"

Another part of the problem is that there is such a voracious market of readers for stories about 17 year old high school kids. Writers wouldn't write if readers didn't read. The whole thing is creepy.
True but someone has to be the adult and have standards - you can't just cater to the lowest common denominator because it exists. there were always weird nasty people in the world. the difference is that the new media model incentivizes you to cater to those people because they generate clicks. the things that generate clicks are very different from the kind of stories and headlines that sold newspapers on the news-stand in the 'old days'.

Is there a bias and this guy is part of the Nittany cult? If Williams goes to PSU would this article have said "Williams does the right thing and puts academics first!"
PA
They wouldn't screw around with him in the first place , if had done what he was supposed to do and commit to Penn St. Everybody in the education systems of PA are Penn St grads , and the cult doesn't look kindly on low level lackies overstepping their authority.

I hear you...but what about KJ? The story went out, people here are already speculating and questioning his character...why not answer it? People should hear it straight from the horse's mouth. KJ probably could have found a different way to get his story out...take the high road, but that article went out publicly...I guess he thought he should try to set the record straight publicy too.:noidea:
Okay. I'll give you that. But if we have learned anything in the last few years during this explosion of social media, it's that the less said the better. If you start reacting to everything in social media, you will inevitably put your foot in it. I'm just saying he should learn that lesson now.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...r_recruit_kj_williams_he_has_the_sat_sco.html

"It was very, very disturbing to me to think that they think he's a thug and he has a disciplinary problem and he's going to be a troublemaker," Miller said. "He's not perfect, but he has no criminal background. He has never disrespected anybody, coach, teacher. He's a well-mannered kid. He's 18. Of course they're going to have their little bit of tidbits. I've never had any unordinary issues with him."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...r_recruit_kj_williams_he_has_the_sat_sco.html

"It was very, very disturbing to me to think that they think he's a thug and he has a disciplinary problem and he's going to be a troublemaker," Miller said. "He's not perfect, but he has no criminal background. He has never disrespected anybody, coach, teacher. He's a well-mannered kid. He's 18. Of course they're going to have their little bit of tidbits. I've never had any unordinary issues with him."
Mink actually got the kid's side. A little different than what a Ped State apologist wrote. The kid has no history of real trouble, I'm sticking with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom