Klay Thompson | Syracusefan.com

Klay Thompson

Isn't the record 13 in a game?

Yes, but the Warriors are up 92-50 at halftime so I wonder if he will have a chance to break the record. I hope Kerr is cool about it and gives him a chance.

The product gets worse by the year. No one plays defense anymore around the league. Where's the effort?

The product gets worse by the year. No one plays defense anymore around the league. Where's the effort?

With Golden State, it is almost ridiculous to find a way to "properly defend" them because they can hurt you in so many ways, and when KD, Curry and Klay are in, and all three of them can take you off the dribble, what are you going to do? They can all go for 30-50 on any given night.

Defense has never been better. The NBA is just enforcing the freedom of movement rules, so there is less grabbing. That, plus the increasing use of the 3 and the offensive skills of the players has made it almost impossible to stop offenses.
What really makes GS fun is despite the star power, they always find the hot player.

100% agree with you about that. I think a 60 game regular season and going back to the 5-7-7-7 playoff format would be better for everyone. The season is simply too drawn out.

Won't happen. Ratings for the NBA keep going up and up the most recent seasons. It's been 82 games forever. The owners and players aren't giving up that money.

Won't happen. Ratings for the NBA keep going up and up the most recent seasons. It's been 82 games forever. The owners and players aren't giving up that money.

I know, I'm just being idealistic. I think the NBA, NHL and MLB would be better if a third was chopped off their seasons. But it will never happen.

I think one of the reasons football is so popular is that it always leaves you wanting more, whereas these other sports by the time they end you're just totally done with them for the year.

I know, I'm just being idealistic. I think the NBA, NHL and MLB would be better if a third was chopped off their seasons. But it will never happen.

I think one of the reasons football is so popular is that it always leaves you wanting more, whereas these other sports by the time they end you're just totally done with them for the year.

Except for Bills fans. We're pretty much done with football season right now. They rarely leave us wanting more.

Nobody is competing with NFL ratings(even as some like to say it's declinging), but the NBA is very comparable overall to college football.

On Average they draw for Nationally televised games about as much as CFB.

I feel like taking 3's when you are up 50 is bush league. That's when your 8-12 guys should be running the clock out. Not singular to the Warriors though.

I feel like taking 3's when you are up 50 is bush league. That's when your 8-12 guys should be running the clock out. Not singular to the Warriors though.

In high school and college when we're talking about kids/amateurs and there could be a massive talent disparity, I agree with you and think running up the score is bad sportsmanship.

In my personal opinion, this doesn't apply to professionals. These are grown men being paid a ton -- go play defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom