Klosterman's Top 50 College BBall players of all time (going to cause a ruckus)... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Klosterman's Top 50 College BBall players of all time (going to cause a ruckus)...

This list is fun, but the knee-jerk reactions to it make it priceless.

I second that.

75% of the reason I come to this board is b/c its a great central location for SU-related info. I don't have to search all the different sites looking for columns, I just come here.

The remaining 25% of my interest in the board is for my own amusement. Whether it's the incredible insecurity of most 'Cuse fans, the orange tinted goggles, the grammar/journalism police, or just plain mental midgets, this place is gold.

Case in point, a majority of these comments. You people do realize he's a writer for Grantland, and not a CBS Sportsline "expert" or ESPN college hoops analyst right? Last I checked, Grantland is a mix of sports, humor and pop culture. Did anyone happen to catch his sub title?

A very specific, purely subjective, totally infuriating list

I loved the one complaint about JJ making the list, and how there are 'way to many people without a clue calling themselves experts.' Yeahhh, b/c Klosterman is really attempting to be an "expert" right?

Mullin was Reddick with game. Any such list with Michael Graham and not Sherman, DC or Pearl on it is just dumb. Off the top of my head ( I may have missed it) Elvin Hayes should be top 5. Also did not see Calvin Murphy or Dr. J. Loved having Rick Mount included. He was Maravich without the flash and handle.

Hurley should have been in before Reddick.

Ewing, Alonzo, Dikembe, Harrington, et al should be one entry as G'Town centers

I didn't check out the list, no time right now, but chuck Klosterman is legit... I'd recommend any of his books.. Most are short essays about pop culture, and one book where he travels the country going to different places where music icons have died.. Great reads

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=64.844826,-147.863304

Pearl has to be on that list.

But how about the inside-outside combo from the '75 Final Four Orange: Rudy Hackett &
Jimmy Lee?

And a few others like Bobby Hurley and Ernie DiGregorio and Phil Sellers and Billy Donovan.

75% of the reason I come to this board is b/c its a great central location for SU-related info. I don't have to search all the different sites looking for columns, I just come here.

The remaining 25% of my interest in the board is for my own amusement. Whether it's the incredible insecurity of most 'Cuse fans, the orange tinted goggles, the grammar/journalism police, or just plain mental midgets, this place is gold.

I agree with this 100%. The insecurity is my favorite part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom