Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

Definitely not playing well today. Hit a huge 3 at the end of regulation to tie it and send it to OT, but his shooting percentage right now is embarrassingly bad.

Yeah, that's what I feared would happen. He shot an incredible 31-53 in the previous 4 games and was really in a groove. Terrible time for an injury to slow him down.

Maybe. Either way he said it and I'm sure Cleveland has some extra motivation.
Wow, that was anticlimactic, was expecting a good game, actually, a Cavs win. So much for that.

seriously, i put it on after the big win ready for some NBA and i was like...ok, back to okie-iowa st.

Complete domination. LeBron must kick himself for the K love trade every night he goes on the court. It's just a san Antonio/ Golden st question now. Curry is best player in the league- RIGHT NOW

Well that was a statement game from Golden State for sure.

Curry is on another level right now. He handled Kyrie on D. as well.

Cleveland needs a real coach. Maybe they'll hire Luke Walton next year. At least he is someone Lebron will respect.

Complete domination. LeBron must kick himself for the K love trade every night he goes on the court. It's just a san Antonio/ Golden st question now. Curry is best player in the league- RIGHT NOW
This LBJ/Cavs fan was shocked, but, all in all, it is "just" another regular season game., albeit worst loss I've ever seen an LBJ team endure. GS is not 40 points better than Cleveland, Cavs will be just fine, this game will be a distant memory come post-season, but, man, Love got exposed on the pick-and-roll.

There's been talk of a trade -- maybe involving Mozgov, who's been a disappointment so far this season -- to bolster the power forward position, maybe this game will force that move.

This LBJ/Cavs fan was shocked, but, all in all, it is "just" another regular season game., albeit worst loss I've ever seen an LBJ team endure. GS is not 40 points better than Cleveland, Cavs will be just fine, this game will be a distant memory come post-season, but, man, Love got exposed on the pick-and-roll.

There's been talk of a trade -- maybe involving Mozgov, who's been a disappointment so far this season -- to bolster the power forward position, maybe this game will force that move.

I agree, they will win the east and will make some moves for sure. As somebody posted above, they really need a new coach I think as well. There are options for sure.

And I agree, Cavs won't make it easy, regular season is one thing, playoffs another. After watching the Warriors, they just seem to be playing at another level and a different game. Pop still best coach in the NBA though, should be a great series between those 2

Any talk about how the Cavs would've won with Love and Kyrie is getting less and less credible. For that matchup, the Cavs might be better off slowing it down, uglying it up, and letting Lebron do his 6'8 Allen Iverson impression and hoping it's enough(it won't be if GS is healthy). They're not going to outscore GS(again, if healthy) and Love is serious liability out there on defense. Kyrie is too, to a lesser extent.

Any talk about how the Cavs would've won with Love and Kyrie is getting less and less credible. For that matchup, the Cavs might be better off slowing it down, uglying it up, and letting Lebron do his 6'8 Allen Iverson impression and hoping it's enough(it won't be if GS is healthy). They're not going to outscore GS(again, if healthy) and Love is serious liability out there on defense. Kyrie is too, to a lesser extent.

Love is the Bosh of this team. Getting all the blame when they lose which is somewhat unfair. He's been turned into a catch and shoot guy. Why they don't use him as the screener in more pick and rolls I have zero idea. I think Blatt has some terrible game plans to be honest. Why do you have Love 40 feet away from the basket trying to trap Curry?

They also run a 1990's NBA Offense. A high amount of iso ball. That'll work to a point if you have more talent, but it's not going to be successful against San Antonio or Golden State. I thought the entire reason they hired Blatt was because he was a great basketball offensive mind.

Love is the Bosh of this team. Getting all the blame when they lose which is somewhat unfair. He's been turned into a catch and shoot guy. Why they don't use him as the screener in more pick and rolls I have zero idea. I think Blatt has some terrible game plans to be honest. Why do you have Love 40 feet away from the basket trying to trap Curry?

They also run a 1990's NBA Offense. A high amount of iso ball. That'll work to a point if you have more talent, but it's not going to be successful against San Antonio or Golden State. I thought the entire reason they hired Blatt was because he was a great basketball offensive mind.

Bosh is much, much better than K Love. K Love cannot be in PnR defense.

He actually can't be in any defense. Manu was doing a layup line against him when they played the Spurs. Heck, they were hammering it down to Timmy for pete's sake.

I don't blame Blatt. He can't install anything that LeBron doesn't want to do. LeBron wanted K Love - that was wrong. LeBron wants to run his own offense that doesn't work against elite teams. Bron gets what he gets, but this is the price you pay.

This is what happens when Bron is given total control of the team. Love's position was always going to be the big that shoots threes. Anything else that was planned was pure BS.

Not to rant, but this has been coming as soon as CLE signed Bron and handed him control.

Follow up to my last post - I'm not a Bron hater by any means. I appreciate how flipping talented the guy is and love watching him.

I just think he oversteps and you see that in how the team is comprised and the O and D they run.

Bosh is much, much better than K Love. K Love cannot be in PnR defense.

He actually can't be in any defense. Manu was doing a layup line against him when they played the Spurs. Heck, they were hammering it down to Timmy for pete's sake.

I don't blame Blatt. He can't install anything that LeBron doesn't want to do. LeBron wanted K Love - that was wrong. LeBron wants to run his own offense that doesn't work against elite teams. Bron gets what he gets, but this is the price you pay.

This is what happens when Bron is given total control of the team. Love's position was always going to be the big that shoots threes. Anything else that was planned was pure BS.

Not to rant, but this has been coming as soon as CLE signed Bron and handed him control.

I agree with most of that, except for the Bosh/Love comparison, but I'll agree to disagree. Defensive metrics show that Love is actually the better defender this year, and for the last couple years actually. It is interesting that they both got the blame when Lebrons teams stink. I tend to think Lebron just doesn't want to play with post players at all, as his view is they probably clog his driving lanes. If that's the case why does he want on the block post players on his team?

Lebron strikes me as an extremely intelligent guy (yet stubborn), and I don't know what it's going to take for him to realize the approach he wants to play isn't going to work. The only reason I suggested changing Blatt as coach is I think they need a guy who can get in Bron's ear that he trusts, and explain to him a different approach may work better.

I agree with most of that, except for the Bosh/Love comparison, but I'll agree to disagree. Defensive metrics show that Love is actually the better defender this year, and for the last couple years actually.

I really struggle to reconcile this with what i see. This isn't exactly a fair comparison I guess, but the heat won the back to back titles with Bosh playing a ton of the 5, and being very aggressive jumping pick and rolls, etc. I couldn't see any possible way that Love could have done t he same thing for Miami that Bosh did.

Not sure I have ever been more wrong than I was on my evaluation of the Love to Cleveland trade.

I really struggle to reconcile this with what i see. This isn't exactly a fair comparison I guess, but the heat won the back to back titles with Bosh playing a ton of the 5, and being very aggressive jumping pick and rolls, etc. I couldn't see any possible way that Love could have done t he same thing for Miami that Bosh did.

Not sure I have ever been more wrong than I was on my evaluation of the Love to Cleveland trade.

That's a good point. The Heat played smaller, with Bosh at the 5, but I don't think they are playing Love to his strengths at all. He can't jump the pick and roll like Bosh did.

I really thought we would see more Thompson at the 5 this year for Cleveland, especially with the money they gave him, and he's best suited to do that. I'm not sure why you would pay him long term if you are going to play him 10 minutes like they did the other night against Golden State.

That's a good point. The Heat played smaller, with Bosh at the 5, but I don't think they are playing Love to his strengths at all. He can't jump the pick and roll like Bosh did.

I really thought we would see more Thompson at the 5 this year for Cleveland, especially with the money they gave him, and he's best suited to do that. I'm not sure why you would pay him long term if you are going to play him 10 minutes like they did the other night against Golden State.

Agreed they aren't playing to Love's strengths. Not sure how much is on Blatt and how much is on Lebron. He's taking fewer shots and he's less efficient; that's not how it's supposed to work.

With Thompson, I also think they kinda got forced into it. If he walked, it isn't like they had the cap space to replace him. And he is getting about 27 minutes per game, and i believe he's been starting lately?

Agreed they aren't playing to Love's strengths. Not sure how much is on Blatt and how much is on Lebron. He's taking fewer shots and he's less efficient; that's not how it's supposed to work.

With Thompson, I also think they kinda got forced into it. If he walked, it isn't like they had the cap space to replace him. And he is getting about 27 minutes per game, and i believe he's been starting lately?

They put Mozgov back in the starting lineup after the San Antonio game. Not sure why. Thompson played well against them and then hes played 34 minutes total the last 2.

Loves tanked since Kyrie came back. Not sure if the offense changed or what.

Love is fine "enough" on defense, except when it comes to the actual teams they would face in the Finals.

He's good enough to get them through the east and the teams they play throughout the year.

But he is not good enough to be on the floor for more than 15 minutes a game if they play GSW or SAS in the Finals.

Sooo watching the Knicks game tonight... (hardcore NBA guys please don't judge me but...)

Quin Snyder is an NBA head coach?

What?

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom