Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

Love is the Bosh of this team. Getting all the blame when they lose which is somewhat unfair. He's been turned into a catch and shoot guy. Why they don't use him as the screener in more pick and rolls I have zero idea. I think Blatt has some terrible game plans to be honest. Why do you have Love 40 feet away from the basket trying to trap Curry?

They also run a 1990's NBA Offense. A high amount of iso ball. That'll work to a point if you have more talent, but it's not going to be successful against San Antonio or Golden State. I thought the entire reason they hired Blatt was because he was a great basketball offensive mind.

You really can't hide Love defensively against GS though regardless of what they do with him. He can't protect the paint like a 5, and GS will pick and roll them to death if Love is guarding Green. Bosh was a better defender and really a better fit in Miami than Love is in Cleveland. Bosh was able to adapt his game and give them what they needed out of him, and he had a big role in this 2 titles. I don't see Love fitting nearly as well in Cleveland. it's been a year and a half and nothing has improved much on that end.

In other block news, Jerami Grant had five in win against Orlando. Also, 12 points, six rebounds. Break up the 76ers.

No idea what the Rockets are doing - they just traded to get Josh Smith back.

Because that will straighten out a dysfunctional team.

Edit: All I can figure is maybe they're thinking this helps Dwight?

Last edited:
No idea what the Rockets are doing - they just traded to get Josh Smith back.

Because that will straighten out a dysfunctional team.

Edit: All I can figure is maybe they're thinking this helps Dwight?

But he shoots threes!!!

I don't get why people think Darryl Morey is such a genious.

But he shoots threes!!!

Morey has fallen in to the same trap a lot of people ahead of the curve do, and outsmarted himself.

Morey has fallen in to the same trap a lot of people ahead of the curve do, and outsmarted himself.

I mean, they did make the west finals just last year. But this season has been a disaster.

I mean, they did make the west finals just last year. But this season has been a disaster.
I'm absolutely taking away from the Rockets accomplishments by saying this - last season's playoff performance was a fluke.

But he shoots threes!!!

The offense Morey wants to run isn't the problem. Collecting assets and landing Harden was a huge, huge deal for a non-NY/LA/Miami team.

The problem is the players he has and the coach they have now.

Harden was good last year after playing for Team USA and being around guys that actually gave a crap about being in shape and playing defense. He didn't have that this year.

D12 is, well, moody and needs a strong leader in the locker room, which the Rockets don't have.

They need to get ride of Dwight, they need stronger veteran guys and a more established coach.

They got Josh Smith back for peanuts. If he works out, great. If not, so be it. You make Dwight happy so maybe he won't be as moody.

I'm absolutely taking away from the Rockets accomplishments by saying this - last season's playoff performance was a fluke.

Just wrote this, Harden was a different guy coming off the Worlds. He showed up this year out of shape and apathetic.

The offense Morey wants to run isn't the problem. Collecting assets and landing Harden was a huge, huge deal for a non-NY/LA/Miami team.

The problem is the players he has and the coach they have now.

Harden was good last year after playing for Team USA and being around guys that actually gave a crap about being in shape and playing defense. He didn't have that this year.

D12 is, well, moody and needs a strong leader in the locker room, which the Rockets don't have.

They need to get ride of Dwight, they need stronger veteran guys and a more established coach.

They got Josh Smith back for peanuts. If he works out, great. If not, so be it. You make Dwight happy so maybe he won't be as moody.

Agree on the offense, that is good.

I don't think he's great at getting the necessary pieces to build a team, and frankly I thought McHale was the scapegoat. He got a raw deal.

I do think last year was a bit fluky. They won more games than their pt differential projected. The Clippers, Spurs and Blazers all won less with higher point differentials.

Cavs just fired Blatt. Signed Tyronn Lue to a multi-year deal.

This is all LeBron's doing.

Cavs just fired Blatt. Signed Tyronn Lue to a multi-year deal.

This is all LeBron's doing.
Lebron is a horrific GM.

I have an Iversonian-like dismissal of Tyronn Lue. He's not taking them anywhere.

Could the Knicks please just add Tony Wroten already. I like that dude. I would't play him, but I'd like him on the bench.

Lebron is a horrific GM.

I have an Iversonian-like dismissal of Tyronn Lue. He's not taking them anywhere.

The funny thing is; they're going to pretty much cake walk it to the finals, regardless of who the coach is. And then likely get bitch slapped.

They could have Red Auerbach and Popovich co-coaching the team and they still wouldn't beat the Warriors and Spurs (and it would be really weird watching Popovich try to coach both teams in this hypothetical).

They could have Red Auerbach and Popovich co-coaching the team and they still wouldn't beat the Warriors and Spurs (and it would be really weird watching Popovich try to coach both teams in this hypothetical).

Twice as many Pop mid game interviews!!

Damnnnnn. New Melo over here making Fisher look like an actual coach and Lebron gettin dudes fired but that's none of my business.

I mean you realize one guy is 30-11 and the other guy is 500 right?

I just realized; Blatt was on 60 win pace, and Mike Brown won 60 games back to back years and was fired. How many other 60 win coaches have been fired?

I like the new Melo a lot too. He's playing really well the last few months. Especially when a few more shots start falling...

Swap Melo and Lebron and I think you'd see the top 3 teams int he east as the Knicks, Raps, and Cle, probably in that order? They'd all be lining up to lose in 5 or 6 in the finals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom