Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

I agree. Melo is aging in dog years at this point as well, probably 2-3 years left tops with any productivity. He's really developing an old man game, which I applaud. I do think that the Clips would deal Blake at this point for the right deal. If knicks can get some picks and or decent talent for Melo they should do it, this team being a serious threat is beyond Melo's years at this point. Porzingis will be solid and won't mind sharing the scene with a big gun either.

One of the Simmon's podcast mentioned Kyrie for Chris Paul trade, thought was interesting
if the Knicks can get a point and another 3, in theory you could move Melo to the 2 for extended time and/or give him a little more than 2nd team minutes at the 3 and he could be dangerous.

his old man game is getting good for sure, pretty sure management knows there is no reason to get rid of Melo because of it, hes too good.

if the Knicks can get a point and another 3, in theory you could move Melo to the 2 for extended time and/or give him a little more than 2nd team minutes at the 3 and he could be dangerous.

his old man game is getting good for sure, pretty sure management knows there is no reason to get rid of Melo because of it, hes too good.

Melo at the 2? did you mean the 4 instead? There's no way he could guard 2's.

Melo at the 2? did you mean the 4 instead? There's no way he could guard 2's.
he really cant guard anyone, but i meant the 2 for offensive purposes.

lopez, KP, the new 3, melo and a PG. its a risk defensivly if theres a quick 2 out there, for sure, but if its 1 who just hangs around the 3 pt line looking to shoot, it could be worth it.

he really cant guard anyone, but i meant the 2 for offensive purposes.

lopez, KP, the new 3, melo and a PG. its a risk defensivly if theres a quick 2 out there, for sure, but if its 1 who just hangs around the 3 pt line looking to shoot, it could be worth it.

Yeah I wouldn't do that. I'm biased toward him spending more time at the 4 to be honest.

They're top 5 in basically all of them lol. I agree that they're likely a 2nd round team in the playoffs at best though. At any rate, they have about as good a chance at winning the title this year as Philly does. Golden State and San Antonio are just way too good.
I watch the NBA decently and I wouldn't put Boston's D anywhere near the top 5.
Without looking San Antonio, Cleveland, Detroit, Miami, Memphis have better D's. Watching them play games.

Boston might have middle of the road D because of the pace they play/ However it is not a good Defensive team. Your Bucks just put 120 on them 2 nights ago. Monroe eat them alive.
They can score with anybody though.

I agree its GS, SA, and Cle with shots at the title. Maybe OKC could be the miracle team if they got extreme lucky.

Gotta adjust for pace; their offense ranks 9th, defense 3rd.
No kidding I am wrong then.

I like watching them play as it is a fun game. They are the Diet version of the Warriors. Not as good but play a similar style.

I just didn't see them as a good defensive team. I got no problem admitting I am wrong.

No kidding I am wrong then.

I like watching them play as it is a fun game. They are the Diet version of the Warriors. Not as good but play a similar style.

I just didn't see them as a good defensive team. I got no problem admitting I am wrong.

I think the C's are pretty good. Bball reference has them listed as having the 6th best adj net rating overall. They are just below the elite teams. They've lost a lot of close games, probably because they don't have a true elite go to guy to go to down the stretch.

I think the C's are pretty good. Bball reference has them listed as having the 6th best adj net rating overall. They are just below the elite teams. They've lost a lot of close games, probably because they don't have a true elite go to guy to go to down the stretch.
Are the top 5
1/2 Warriors/Spurs
3. Cleveland
4. Oklahoma City
5. Clippers?

I would put Toronto 6th but I guess metrics like Boston better. I think Toronto-Boston will be the East 2 and 3 seeds.

Are the top 5
1/2 Warriors/Spurs
3. Cleveland
4. Oklahoma City
5. Clippers?

I would put Toronto 6th but I guess metrics like Boston better. I think Toronto-Boston will be the East 2 and 3 seeds.

Pretty good list. The C's actually have a higher adj. net rating than the Clips, not saying they are better, but they have performed better. Toronto is ahead of Boston.

Are the top 5
1/2 Warriors/Spurs
3. Cleveland
4. Oklahoma City
5. Clippers?

OKC is ahead of Cleveland.

Melo is saying no to the trade. So now Cleveland and Boston are talking about Jae Crowder/2017 Nets pick/David Lee expiring/2016 Dallas pick for Kevin Love.

Not sure that is enough though.

Melo is saying no to the trade. So now Cleveland and Boston are talking about Jae Crowder/2017 Nets pick/David Lee expiring/2016 Dallas pick for Kevin Love.

Not sure that is enough though.
I think that's a pretty solid deal for Cleveland. Boston gets the star they haven't been able to attract in free agency, but that's costly.

Props to Melo, if true. Joining up with Lebron in Cleveland would be sickening.

I actually think that might be the one thing that would get him to accept a deal. Or maybe a trade with the Clippers.

I hope the Knicks get Mike. Conley as. Boston has memphis 1st round pick starting next year and Gasol is aging.

I get Melo's loyalty but he will never win a ring if he stays in NY. Knicks need more than KP/ a new PG to win the East.

CbXk776WcAAOFXl.jpg

Hawks would also get Dallas 2016, Brooklyn 2017 picks. Would you do this trade if you were Atlanta, Cleveland, Boston?

CbXk776WcAAOFXl.jpg

Hawks would also get Dallas 2016, Brooklyn 2017 picks. Would you do this trade if you were Atlanta, Cleveland, Boston?

I guess it would depend on what direction Atlanta really wants to take. Personally, I think Sully, a late 1st, and a Brooklyn 1st is selling low on Millsap/Korver, but they could probably justify it if they really wanted to blow everything up.

To me though, if you're going to blow things up and rebuild, you want something that you can actually build around. If they make this trade and are also losing Horford in the offseason, they'll basically have Schroder (who, to me, is only a border-line starting caliber PG), a relatively poor prospect (from the Mavs pick), and then they'll be crossing their fingers for a year with the Brooklyn pick. My guess is that Atlanta would want at least one good prospect that they can start to build around, and Cleveland and Boston don't really have that to offer.

I guess it would depend on what direction Atlanta really wants to take. Personally, I think Sully, a late 1st, and a Brooklyn 1st is selling low on Millsap/Korver, but they could probably justify it if they really wanted to blow everything up.

To me though, if you're going to blow things up and rebuild, you want something that you can actually build around. If they make this trade and are also losing Horford in the offseason, they'll basically have Schroder (who, to me, is only a border-line starting caliber PG), a relatively poor prospect (from the Mavs pick), and then they'll be crossing their fingers for a year with the Brooklyn pick. My guess is that Atlanta would want at least one good prospect that they can start to build around, and Cleveland and Boston don't really have that to offer.

For some reason the image with the trade proposal isn't showing up on my browser, but Millsap is freaking awesome. The Brooklyn pick has value, but it seems light, no?

I think Atlanta is hoping Dwight comes there to get them a center/star power. I do like Schroeder. Teague is pretty good and Schroeder might be better, definitely has more upside. I don't understand why they would trade Korver. Horford and Millsap are pretty meh imo, and aren't players you can win with when they command most of your cap space.

I think Atlanta is hoping Dwight comes there to get them a center/star power. I do like Schroeder. Teague is pretty good and Schroeder might be better, definitely has more upside. I don't understand why they would trade Korver. Horford and Millsap are pretty meh imo, and aren't players you can win with when they command most of your cap space.

Think you're off on Millsap and Horford. Those guys are both really good. Especially Millsap.

Think you're off on Millsap and Horford. Those guys are both really good. Especially Millsap.
They're good but not franchise guys imo. Do you think Atlanta can ever win big with those two as their main contracts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom