Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

Think you're off on Millsap and Horford. Those guys are both really good. Especially Millsap.

Yeah, they're both pretty great; legitimate all-star caliber players IMO. It seems that Atlanta and Horford will be parting ways in the offseason if he isn't traded now though, so I do see where Atlanta might see this as an opportunity to overhaul the roster. But again, I think if you're going to do that, you want to get a young piece that you can really build around in a Millsap trade versus a 2017 pick.

I do see Atlanta as a team that will push for Dwight though; makes a lot of sense both in terms of fit and in terms of the fact that he's a hometown guy. My guess is that they keep Millsap and try to pair him with Dwight. And it seems inevitable that they'll move Teague sometime soon.

Last edited:
They're good but not franchise guys imo. Do you think Atlanta can ever win big with those two as their main contracts?

Well I think they're both probably better than Dwight at this point. And they did win over 60 games last year.

But they're kind of stuck in the middle; how many franchise guys are there and how does Atlanta acquire one? Those guys aren't as good as Durant or Steph or Lebron or whoever, but it's really hard to get those guys on your team.

4 way trade

Houston gets Dwight off the books
David Lee expiring
Avery Bradley
Dallas 2016 1st pick

Cleveland gets pieces to beat the West champ
Paul Millsap
Kyle Korver

Atlanta gets Dwight and Millsap replacement
Dwight Howard
Brooklyn 2017 1st pick
Jared Sullinger

Boston gets an upgrade from Sullinger and legit All-Star
Kevin Love

This trade could work for everyone.

4 way trade

Houston gets Dwight off the books
David Lee expiring
Avery Bradley
Dallas 2016 1st pick

Cleveland gets pieces to beat the West champ
Paul Millsap
Kyle Korver

Atlanta gets Dwight and Millsap replacement
Dwight Howard
Brooklyn 2017 1st pick
Jared Sullinger

Boston gets an upgrade from Sullinger and legit All-Star
Kevin Love

This trade could work for everyone.

I may be shocked and awed and proven completely wrong, but there are a number of reasons why the Cavs aren't dealing Love now. They don't have to, they just need a minor tweak or two, e.g., adding Channing Frye or Ben McLemore (Shumpert or Mozgov apparently available).

If Love is dealt, it's happening after the season, which could easily change if the Cavs get to the promised land in the post-season.

Michael Carter-Williams may well be headed to his third team by trade deadline tomorrow.
http://journaltimes.com/sports/bask...cle_63b1e8d1-f47d-5887-9ed0-f1dc374adabe.html

I just cant see the cavs trading Love to the Celtics when they could face him in either the semis or conf finals.

I just cant see the cavs trading Love to the Celtics when they could face him in either the semis or conf finals.
Boston is trying to get an All-Star for the future. They aren't going to beat Cleveland. Cleveland needs an upgrade if they want to beat Golden State or San Antonio. If Boston-Cleveland met in ECF it would be a 5 game series.

Millsap/Korver could put them Cavs over the top. Love isn't a good fit for Cleveland. Love is having to play the Chris Bosh role from Miami and that isn't his main game. Love can shoot and stretch Ds but he is a rebounder and post player as well. Cleveland doesn't like to clog the paint because of Lebron/Kyrie's driving ability.

On Boston Love would be the top or second option and have a good core. I am actually not sure how good a player Love is right now. I thought he was top 10 before he got traded to Cleveland but not sure he is better than top 20 right now.

I may be shocked and awed and proven completely wrong, but there are a number of reasons why the Cavs aren't dealing Love now. They don't have to, they just need a minor tweak or two, e.g., adding Channing Frye or Ben McLemore (Shumpert or Mozgov apparently available).

If Love is dealt, it's happening after the season, which could easily change if the Cavs get to the promised land in the post-season.

Michael Carter-Williams may well be headed to his third team by trade deadline tomorrow.
http://journaltimes.com/sports/bask...cle_63b1e8d1-f47d-5887-9ed0-f1dc374adabe.html
Frye is going to Clippers.

The Cavs are trying to steal McLemore because Lebron loved him coming out college. I don't see the assets Cleveland has to get McLemore. The Cavs traded 2 first round picks for Mozgov last year and George Karl coached Mozgov in Denver he won't want the guy.

Cleveland may not trade Love now but they need a big addition or they will just lose the Finals to GS or SA this year.

For what it's worth, Gery is known as a complete hack of a reporter and everyone else is insisting that MCW has been assured multiple times that he's going nowhere (of course it's possible this is the kiss of death).

Apparently Tim Legler was on radio or something today and said the Bucks might try to trade MCW + something else for the rotting carcass of Ty Lawson.

Rumor is Dolan wants to give Phil's job to Isiah Thomas when Phil leaves. That would be awful for Knicks fans.

BTW NBA fans anyone think Toronto could beat Cleveland in the East or even think Toronto will get to the ECF?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I'd rather see Sprewell in that job than Thomas.

I didn't get why or how Damian Lillard wasn't picked as a sub for the All-Star Game, I get it even less after watching him put in 51 against Golden State Friday night.

Last edited:
i watched every Fn miserable second of that Knicks game last night.

incredulous.

I expected a sweep this weekend, What.

and now after every loss all I hear about barfluckingnani.

I didn't get why or how Damian Lillard wasn't picked as a sub for the All-Star Game, I get it even less after watching him put in 51 against Golden State Friday night.

Because a spot was wasted on Kobe so he could get his 50th different send-off of the season. It's been going on forever, but it does take a spot from someone deserving. The other West guards all belonged.

i watched every Fn miserable second of that Knicks game last night.

incredulous.

I expected a sweep this weekend, What.

and now after every loss all I hear about barfluckingnani.

If they lose tonight, they need to start pressure testing the young guys who are on the bubble to be real contributors/trade chips. Have to start looking forward to next year.

Watching the Cavs at OKC, what has happened to Waiters' offensive game? Did it reach its expiration date?

0-13 from the field so far since the All Star break. Safe to say that the time off was not good for him. He was playing fairly well in february before that.

As OrangeDW pointed out, the only guy Lillard really should have beaten out for a spot was Kobe, but obviously that wasn't going to happen.

They haven't been elite since they traded Harden.

I don't know, that was a really bad trade, but they've been hurt by bad timing on injuries in the playoffs. In 2014, Westbrook missed nearly half the season and they still won 59, and Iabaka was hurt in the west finals. The year before they won 60, but Westbrook was hurt in the playoffs. This year, they're on pace for just shy of 60 wins. They obviously aren't as good as the Spurs and Warriors, but those teams are having 2 of the better seasons of all time (seriously, the Spurs are on pace for 69 wins).

Klay Thompson.

Debatable, but Klay obviously got the edge because he's a far superior defender, a more efficient scorer, and is playing on arguably the greatest team of all-time. Much like how the entire Hawks starting lineup (or close to it) made the all-star team last year. Could also be argued that Klay is probably the 2nd or 3rd best SG in the league while Lillard is probably somewhere in the 4-8 range of PGs (in the very least, behind Curry, CP3, Westbrook, and in my opinion, Lowry and Wall). I'd have to think Lillard was the first guy left out; happens when you have to sacrifice an all-star spot for a guy that clearly isn't an all-star anymore (Kobe).

Isn't also part of the problem with Lillard that he's a terrible defensive player?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom