knicks game. | Syracusefan.com

knicks game.

edowd26

Hall of Fame
These refs are the NBA equivalent to Jim Burr... and that should never be in a professional sport. Charles Barkeley TURRIBLE

Baron Davis in the game...didn't realize he was playing tonight.

carmelo better step up... whispers will turn into screams very fast...

the problem is that i think melo thinks they are already screams...

Melo was a -10 tonight... hmmm... the fans aren't going to give him long.

I just wonder if Melo is going to need a lot more time to adjust to a system where he doesn't dominate the ball.

As much as I enjoyed watching Melo at Cuse, I cant watch his game in the NBA. He's one of those players that doom franchises when they try to build around him. I'd put Melo in the same club that includes Iverson, McGrady and Vince Carter (when they were in their prime). Lots of points but no rings.

Man, ESPN couldnt wait to cue up the "MELO RETURNS, KNICKS LOSE" headline.

As much as I enjoyed watching Melo at Cuse, I cant watch his game in the NBA. He's one of those players that doom franchises when they try to build around him. I'd put Melo in the same club that includes Iverson, McGrady and Vince Carter (when they were in their prime). Lots of points but no rings.
i wouldn't put iverson in that club -- he's barely bigger than spud webb and was a flat-out warrior -- but i'd mos def feel good building a team around deron williams. he's a freak.

I only watched the 1st Quarter, but I thought Melo looked okay for missing some time.

Seemed to be trying to make the extra pass, and missed some easy baskets at the rim he probably makes 80% of the time. No clue what transpired after that though.

They need to put the NBA on nights where college basketball isnt on.

Chandler killed that run. woof.

No ESPN for a few days for me. It's gonna be Melo talk non-stop and they'll conveniently forget about how bad the rest of the team played.

No ESPN for a few days for me. It's gonna be Melo talk non-stop and they'll conveniently forget about how bad the rest of the team played.

Well when Mr. Kardashian out plays Chandler that is never good.

I only watched the 1st Quarter, but I thought Melo looked okay for missing some time.

Seemed to be trying to make the extra pass, and missed some easy baskets at the rim he probably makes 80% of the time. No clue what transpired after that though.

not his best night.

and how great deron williams played. humphries, the kid brooks from providence, stevenson, also played well.

U MAD KNICKS?

12973986121.jpg

It doesnt even seem like the media or fans are that upset about this game. Now if we get blown out by ATL and Miami on Wed/Thurs the tune could change but that game was a recipe for a loss. Coming off the biggest game of the year. Lin looked visibly tired. NOONE could hit a shot. After a stellar 13-3 start we just looked lost and it didnt help when D'Antoni inexplicaly decided to play the entire bench with Baron and proceed to go down by 10. We could never come back from that. Melo was veryyyy rusty, Baron was even rustier, JR actually looked like a guy who just got back from China 3 days ago. Chandler was hurt and got outplayed by Humphries and most importantly, no Iman meant noone to lock down D-Will when he went off.

Ive decided not to get mad about these games this year considering its happening to even the good teams. We just need to get a 6 seed or higher and miss MIA/CHI in the first round to give us a winnable round and confidence to take on those teams later in the playoffs.

and how great deron williams played. humphries, the kid brooks from providence, stevenson, also played well.
DWill has had six pretty good games in a row and Marshon Brooks has had a surprisingly good season and now is back from an injury. No question that the Nets came to play last night. All in all, I thought Linsanity had a pretty good game but a lot of unanswered questions from the Knicks.

There is certainly a lot of evidence for this conclusion. Look at Denver. The Nuggets were known as a Western powerhouse, consistently making the playoffs and the occasional conference finals run before drafting Melo. Then, they became a doormat.

Just kidding...the opposite happened.

Last night was mix of awful officiating, Deron Williams not missing at all, and a team with about 4 moving pieces all playing together on the same night.

I laugh though because even though the knicks have been laughing stocks the last decade, I find it funny when a team like the Nets has players acting like this was game 1 of the finals, maybe if they played with that intensity every night maybe they wouldnt be 10-24

D-Will was ridiculous last night and had guys like Sundeattagetaudaa Gaines hitting Kobe type jump shots. Knicks were just trying to get the rust off and looked like it.

Btw that was the worst officiated NBA game I have ever seen. They are very lucky a brawl didnt break out. The Knicks had their share of cheap shots but the Nets were just getting away with murder. Their entire front line should have fouled out by the 3rd quarter and down 8 with 2:30 left Melo goes in for a layup and gets blatantly hit on his arm misses the layup and the Nets come back and go up 10. Just summarizes the game.

D-Will was ridiculous last night and had guys like Sundeattagetaudaa Gaines hitting Kobe type jump shots. Knicks were just trying to get the rust off and looked like it.

Btw that was the worst officiated NBA game I have ever seen. They are very lucky a brawl didnt break out. The Knicks had their share of cheap shots but the Nets were just getting away with murder. Their entire front line should have fouled out by the 3rd quarter and down 8 with 2:30 left Melo goes in for a layup and gets blatantly hit on his arm misses the layup and the Nets come back and go up 10. Just summarizes the game.

or the offensive foul on Melo when Stevenson was not allowing him to even stand in place and Melo literally moved out of the way, that was just awful

Since this has turned into a semi-Melo bashing thread why dont we all take some time and read what a former teammate says about him. Oh, yea and another former teammate just joined his squad again in JR Smith.

Martin Defends Carmelo, Blasts Karl
Feb 19, 2012 1:35 PM EST

Kenyon Martin came to Carmelo Anthony’s defense when asked to comment on criticism levied against Anthony by current Nuggets coach George Karl.
"Man, listen, George needs to keep his mouth shut, first and foremost," Martin said. "Melo don't play there no more. So Karl shouldn't be commenting on Melo. If George was such a great coach, then Melo would want to stay. He wouldn't want to leave.”
Karl has often praised his team's new style and how the absence of Anthony has made his job easier.
"If the organization was ran right, he wouldn't want to leave, so it ain't Melo,” Martin said. “With Melo, not one time when he was there [in the Nuggets' locker room] did he bring that in the locker room when all that stuff was going on. Not one day. Everybody made it a bigger deal than it had to be. That's a good kid.
"They act like this kid was a cancer, like he came in there and destroyed the locker room and made everybody hate him. No, it wasn't nothing like that man. And it bothers me for people to be talking about how he's a selfish player and he has to defend himself."
Via SI.com
Kenyon Martin, Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks, Denver Nuggets, Los Angeles Clippers, NBA
Read the Full StoryDiscussSend FeedbackBuy Tickets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom