Knicks Get Mudaiy... | Syracusefan.com

Knicks Get Mudaiy...

newmexicuse

All Conference
I think this is a steal of a trade. Mudaiy is still only 21, has proven he can contribute at the NBA level, and has more upside. His shooting has been improving. He definitely needs to upgrade his D. All the knuts gave up was MacDermitt who has been stuck in a four month slump and is overpaid relative to what he has contributed. The Knicks may or may not have gotten a really good player, but they gave up almost nothing. Mudaiy was actually high on their radar in the Porzingus draft. Now the Knicks have both players.

This creates a glut @ PG for them. They need to stop playing Jack & see what the three young guys (Ntilikina, Burke, Mudaiy) can do for the rest of the season. All three of the young PGs are under 25 and were lottery picks. Burke looks like instant O off the bench & he is very dynamic with his speed; however, he is undersized. Ntilikina was a mistake with both Smith and Mitchell still on the board. However, that does not mean that he won't develop into a good player. I don't see enough explosiveness or pure enough shooting form in his game to think he will develop into a star, but I think he will be a solid rotational player who brings D to the court.

The Knicks also dealt Willy. I did not see the sense in that trade with O'Quinn likely to leave after the season. With Porzingus down they should have kept Willy and given him some minutes. Plenty of time to dump him in the off season if by some chance they end up keeping O'Quinn.

As a Nuggets fan, I held out hope for Mudiay for a long time and who knows if he'll ever reach his full potential. His shooting stroke is a mess and he's way too athletic to be as bad defensively as he is. He also stopped talking to Denver's media so I don't know if NY is the best place for him to flourish. You'll get incredibly sick of watching him get past his defender only to miss a contested layup. He's never been able to consistently finish around the rim and he looks a lot stronger than he plays.

I do have to admit that I loved it when we drafted him but he's been passed over by a huge margin by Jamal Murray. The Nuggets needed a PG like Devin Harris to run the second unit as they make a playoff push.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom