Knicks in Atlanta tonight | Syracusefan.com

Knicks in Atlanta tonight

Shotclock

Walk On
Wonder if there will be any SU sightings at the game tonight or any meet ups with Carmelo. You know Carmelo is loving that we are in final four.

When cuse played in the NCAA tournament in Denver (Melo's rookie season in the NBA), I'm pretty sure the team went to a Nuggets game. Or did I imagine that?

I love answering my own questions haha:

"Syracuse and coach Jim Boeheim attended the game after winning in the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament in Denver over the weekend. Anthony led the Orangemen to the school's first national championship last year."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240322007

I love answering my own questions haha:

"Syracuse and coach Jim Boeheim attended the game after winning in the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament in Denver over the weekend. Anthony led the Orangemen to the school's first national championship last year."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240322007
You know what they say about how talking to yourself is one thing, answering yourself is another...

Is it just me, or are there A LOT of Knick fans in attendance.

Is it just me, or are there A LOT of Knick fans in attendance.

There always are. Atlanta is a terrible pro sports town, plus there are tons of transplants there.

I was wondering if it was just a lot of SU fans there that double as Knick fans also.

There always are. Atlanta is a terrible pro sports town, plus there are tons of transplants there.
The Braves and Falcons seem to do OK... though they do risk large contingents of opposing fans*. They shut up the NY Giants fans very effectively last season.

* there are a lot of transplants here who like sports and may even root for the local team as long as they're not playing their home team.

The Braves and Falcons seem to do OK... though they do risk large contingents of opposing fans*. They shut up the NY Giants fans very effectively last season.

* there are a lot of transplants here who like sports and may even root for the local team as long as they're not playing their home team.

I'm pretty sure the Braves do poorly considering the size of the ATL metro area. I always thought that it was due to the poor public transportation system there -- or am I mistaken?

the braves don't sell out playoff games. that's all that needs to be said about their fan base.

the braves don't sell out playoff games. that's all that needs to be said about their fan base.

Pretty sure the Yanks didn't last year, either...

Yup, couldn't even sellout playoff games in the 90's when they were winning the division every single year

last year, when the Yankees were in town, the crowed was about 40% NYY fans (IMO)

I'm pretty sure the Braves do poorly considering the size of the ATL metro area. I always thought that it was due to the poor public transportation system there -- or am I mistaken?
You are sp

You are spot on about the lack of sensible public transportation to the TED, bottom line was someone goofed big time when the Olymipcs were there back in 1996 and they didn't run a single track out and back to the stadium, if that happened Bravos attendance increases for the casual fan but it's the south and they are faaarrrr behind time times!

Weekday starting times also kill(ed) attendance for the Braves & Hawks (and Thrashers). Much of the population lives north of town... there's no way for people to get home, pick up the kids and get to a 7:05/7:10 game.

If you want to see really poor attendance check the Marlins and Rays.