Knight Commission Recommendations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Knight Commission Recommendations

Current national governance of collegiate athletics has difficulty processing transfer waiver requests in a consistent, timely fashion.

And the Knight Commission wants to add “Hold athletics program leadership accountable to advance racial equity and reduce systemic racism in college sports,” to their mandate.

Good luck with that.

It is a hard pill to swallow, but once you do you will see the light and feel a whole lot better.
Did you read the recommendations? This is not your beloved P5 breakaway. You know that, right?

Did you read the recommendations? This is not your beloved P5 breakaway. You know that, right?
Knight commission is a smokescreen so the real plan can come into place. SU is relegated, actually, thet relegated themselves.

Wishful thinking. Less mouths to feed = more money for the SEC/B1G/PAC alliance teams. Add UT, OU, KU from the Big12 and ND, VT, UNC, Clemson and FSU from the ACC.

That’s not how inventory works in CFB and has always been the blind spot in your stance.

Also, a weird consequence is that the top teams now have to play each other all of the time in their super league. HC will *hate* that. More losing, less job security. Dabo wants to see Wake and Syracuse on the schedule, just like Saban wants Kentucky and Vanderbilt, and Day wants Rutgers and Purdue.

Ain’t happening.

Thank you for letting me know that you truly did not read the recommendation.

It's good to have confirmation of this stuff.

Oh, so now we’re supposed to read the articles before making inane comments? :rolleyes:

Not in MY Murica, dammit!!! :p

They'll get use to it. That's the reality of the situation now.
“Get used to it?” My buttocks. You greatly overestimate the number of fans who would pay for that. You see the number of people who go to skychiefs games? That’s your new dome attendance under that model.

I don't think a super football league happens. While it would make sense for the top schools, it would kill off their non football sports. Why would a conference allow teams to be all sports but football? The ACC has no use for Clemson for non football sports. So the conferences have leverage. Also think of the travel costs for football having a national league vs regional conferences. And politically you think a state with two schools won't fight this if one team would get left behind?

It would make more sense for a new super division. If you go 5 x 15 you can have an all sports division and keep all the money. For BBall you can have a 40 team tourney.

But to play along with the super football league:

Northern Division
Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, ND

Southern Division
Bama, LSU, UGA, Tennessee, Florida, Clemson

Central Division
Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, Mizzou, Arkansas, Nebraska

Western Division
Washington, USC, Oregon, Colorado, ASU, BYU

Think about all of the teams (some states entirely and entire TV markets) that get left out. Even if you go to 5 divisions of 6 teams (which would be another six Southern teams of likely FSU, VA Tech, NC State, WV, Auburn, plus 1), you leave a lot out.

Completely disagree. Conference realignment was/is all about money. If Clemson can go grab another $20-$30 mil a year, do you really think they are going to be concerned about Syracuse and Wake Forest.

Assuming we keep playing football, there will definitely be a super conference some day. Too much money to be had.

Someone smarter than me can answer, but I don't see why the NCAA exists at all at this point? Form a couple entities for the revenue generating sports, and let everything else become club. (I don't want this, but don't necessarily see why it shouldn't happen)

He is saying there will be a football super division of about 24 teams. That is leaving major players out, not just the SU's of the world.

That’s not how inventory works in CFB and has always been the blind spot in your stance.

Also, a weird consequence is that the top teams now have to play each other all of the time in their super league. HC will *hate* that. More losing, less job security. Dabo wants to see Wake and Syracuse on the schedule, just like Saban wants Kentucky and Vanderbilt, and Day wants Rutgers and Purdue.

Ain’t happening.

Even if there were a super league, the leftovers would still get better TV contracts than the AAC currently gets. Plenty of brands and inventory would be left behind to make it worth paying for FOX and ESPN. It would suck for us as SU fans but it would be like going back to Big East football.

The NFL won’t care. That’s what the scouts are for.
AAA (new top league)
AA (left behind FBS)
A (FCS)
Independent leagues (NAIA, D2, D3)
The idea is (I presume) that the best players will flock to the few teams in the top tier. Which means less playing time for a bunch of top talent, and less chance for scouts to evaluate players in actual game action.

Thank you for letting me know that you truly did not read the recommendation.

It's good to have confirmation of this stuff.
Oh, so now we’re supposed to read the articles before making inane comments? :rolleyes:

Not in MY Murica, dammit!!! :p
You guys think the Knight Commission is the body that will make the decision?. Wow.

Wishful thinking. Less mouths to feed = more money for the SEC/B1G/PAC alliance teams. Add UT, OU, KU from the Big12 and ND, VT, UNC, Clemson and FSU from the ACC.

the fact that you included Kansas football in this fantasy alliance pretty much sums up the intelligence(or lack thereof) of your conspiracy theory

Even if there were a super league, the leftovers would still get better TV contracts than the AAC currently gets. Plenty of brands and inventory would be left behind to make it worth paying for FOX and ESPN. It would suck for us as SU fans but it would be like going back to Big East football.
There is absolutely 0 chance of a 24 team super league. Lawsuits and Congress would eliminate that before it even got started. No more tax breaks for any college included would only be one reason.

If this is a scheme cooked up by the B1G and the SEC, Syracuse is going to have a snowballs chance in hell (OttoGrotto) begging their way in with the pathetic display of football they put on for the last 7 years, save 1(2018). But, but, but , but Covid. They ain't going to listen to that malarkey.
I know you don’t care about things like details, but the Knight Commission was started by a guy from ND and a guy from UNC. The current membership has little representation from the B1G or SEC.

Everything is exactly how you think it is. Except the exact opposite.

I know you don’t care about things like details, but the Knight Commission was started by a guy from ND and a guy from UNC. The current membership has little representation from the B1G or SEC.

Everything is exactly how you think it is. Except the exact opposite.

Here's how I think things are. When there is a lot of money to be had, the big interests will take steps to drive the small intereout and take the money. It's called capitalism. This is big business, not collegiate sports. UNC and UND will both be in the club.

Couscuse is a self hating fan.
He wants SU FB to suffer because they fired blue collar HC.

Thinks UMass is the only FBS team in New England.
He is a positive troll but a troll.

P5 can break away but there will never be a super league within college football.
Each conference negotiated their own Tv contract.

Keep wishing Syracuse will get relegated.

Andy Isabella was the only player in the New England-Arizona game used to playing in an empty Gillette Stadium he did it for 4 years while at UMass.

ok...
He doesn’t remember that Kansas was relegated to American conference mistfit toys when PAC-10 almost added Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Colorado before A&M said no to the deal and went to the SEC.
Facts don’t matter to him.

A lot of the Knight Commission recommendations make a lot of sense. A lot of the comments on this thread make no sense and are figments of delusional imaginations. The Knight Commission is made up of some pretty high level sports admin people. I know its truly a business discussion but it is a little concerning that despite knowing many of the names on the commission I can't tell if any of them ever played the game. I know for a fact many of them, including Len Elmore and David Robinson, never played the game. Not that its necessary but the perspective could help. Will they make the decision? Of course not. That's why they made a "recommendation." If it was their decision they would have just announced their plan. The school presidents and above will make the call as always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom