Knight Commission Recommendations | Syracusefan.com

Knight Commission Recommendations

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1607020341197.png

1607020353446.png

1607020375867.png

1607020384906.png

Football teams that meet the criteria are part of the NCFA. But what is that criteria?

Mandel is an idiot. The schools have conference obligations. They aren't leaving members behind. If they did, they certainly wouldn't stay together in other sports. Also what would the point be? You need regional games.

Football teams that meet the criteria are part of the NCFA. But what is that criteria?

Mandel is an idiot. The schools have conference obligations. They aren't leaving members behind. If they did, they certainly wouldn't stay together in other sports. Also what would the point be? You need regional games.

Criteria will be a certain amount of money is from tv rights

So Mandel thinks the powers that be in college football have an ultimate goal of only having 22 teams?

If this is a scheme cooked up by the B1G and the SEC, Syracuse is going to have a snowballs chance in hell (OttoGrotto) begging their way in with the pathetic display of football they put on for the last 7 years, save 1(2018). But, but, but , but Covid. They ain't going to listen to that malarkey.

So Mandel thinks the powers that be in college football have an ultimate goal of only having 22 teams?
Yeah, the NFL is going to love that.

Yeah, the NFL is going to love that.
The NFL won’t care. That’s what the scouts are for.
AAA (new top league)
AA (left behind FBS)
A (FCS)
Independent leagues (NAIA, D2, D3)

Now we get to play Uconn, Temple and Rutgers every year.

Now we get to play Uconn, Temple and Rutgers every year.
Yes. Along with BC, Pitt, UB, UMASS, WVU and Cincy. That's our league after the split happens. I would like it better myself as Syracuse is never going to compete with the factories again.

Yes. Along with BC, Pitt, UB, UMASS, WVU and Cincy. That's our league after the split happens. I would like it better myself as Syracuse is never going to compete with the factories again.
No one is going to pack the dome for any of those games plus tv money will be worse then old big east money. No one wants to watch those games. If this happens shut the program down.

No one is going to pack the dome for any of those games plus tv money will be worse then old big east money. No one wants to watch those games. If this happens shut the program down.
They'll get use to it. That's the reality of the situation now.

Completely disagree. Conference realignment was/is all about money. If Clemson can go grab another $20-$30 mil a year, do you really think they are going to be concerned about Syracuse and Wake Forest.

Assuming we keep playing football, there will definitely be a super conference some day. Too much money to be had.

Someone smarter than me can answer, but I don't see why the NCAA exists at all at this point? Form a couple entities for the revenue generating sports, and let everything else become club. (I don't want this, but don't necessarily see why it shouldn't happen)

Completely disagree. Conference realignment was/is all about money. If Clemson can go grab another $20-$30 mil a year, do you really think they are going to be concerned about Syracuse and Wake Forest.

Assuming we keep playing football, there will definitely be a super conference some day. Too much money to be had.

Someone smarter than me can answer, but I don't see why the NCAA exists at all at this point? Form a couple entities for the revenue generating sports, and let everything else become club. (I don't want this, but don't necessarily see why it shouldn't happen)
48 teams is their sweet spot. 4, 12 team divisions. That would be a semipro league and will get all the recruits and money. Everybody else go back to a college football model.

48 teams is their sweet spot. 4, 12 team divisions. That would be a semipro league and will get all the recruits and money. Everybody else go back to a college football model.

Not enough TV inventory.

4 x 16 had been the rumor for decades. 64 teams.

There are currently 64 P5 teams. How convenient.

Add Notre Dame and BYU and call it a day.

Not enough TV inventory.

4 x 16 had been the rumor for decades. 64 teams.

There are currently 64 P5 teams. How convenient.

Add Notre Dame and BYU and call it a day.
Wishful thinking. Less mouths to feed = more money for the SEC/B1G/PAC alliance teams. Add UT, OU, KU from the Big12 and ND, VT, UNC, Clemson and FSU from the ACC.

Scratch Rutgers as they will have a spot in the super P5 by virtue of being a B1G member. Add Louisville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom