Kris Jo waived | Syracusefan.com

Kris Jo waived

Sad to see but not shocking
I believe if someone is on a roster past January 10th then they are guaranteed to get paid for the remainder of the season. Look for a few others to be released in the next couple days. After that guys will be signed for 10 day contracts.

He'll be picked up by someone. Hopefully somewhere that will give him some PT.

Too bad. Hope someone gives him a chance. Needs to play in europe

I believe if someone is on a roster past January 10th then they are guaranteed to get paid for the remainder of the season. Look for a few others to be released in the next couple days. After that guys will be signed for 10 day contracts.

I thought his deal was guaranteed at league minimum

2nd rounders are not garanteed.

correct but if they make the team out of camp they negotiate a deal that may or may not be guaranteed. I believe Kris' was trying to find out for sure

correct but if they make the team out of camp they negotiate a deal that may or may not be guaranteed. I believe Kris' was trying to find out for sure
Kris' wasn't. From the Boston Globe story re Joseph & Varnado being waived: "Both players were waived ahead of the deadline for non-guaranteed contracts to become guaranteed for the rest of the season."

Yep, KJo was just there as a flyer/trial...to see if he impressed in practice/d league. They didnt want to pay his contract the rest of the way if they didnt see any future plans.

He was the best player on the court every time I watched him play with the other Celtics reserves. He'll be picked up and have a solid NBA career.

Too bad for Kris. Probably better for him in the short term. He can go somewhere where he can have an opportunity for more playing time (Europe). He wasn't getting a sniff of that roster unless Paul Pierce stepped on a land mine.

His agent will get him a 400k euro contract in a heartbet. His finesse style will fit better there

His agent will get him a 400k euro contract in a heartbet. His finesse style will fit better there

Finesse player, engaging person, bilingual - yeah, Europe should be the next stop. Joseph could really enjoy himself over there. And he'd be a fan favorite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom