Kris Joseph back in Boston! | Syracusefan.com

Kris Joseph back in Boston!

Shermthegeneral

Starter
I didn't see anyone write about this but according to hoops world.com, Kris was part of that Brooklyn trade that sen Garnett and Pierce to the Nets. So it looks like Kris signed a 2 year deal with the Nets and now has to hope the Celtics will keep him on because he signed a non-guaranteed deal which is for $788k year 1 and $1.1 mil year 2! Hopefully the Celtics will give him another shot after waiving him last year!

I read the trade won't be official until July 12 due to Kris. Per NBA rules, the Nets have to wait three months after signing Joseph to trade him. Previous reports were July 10 since that's Pierce's $15 million deal for next year kicks in.

As a Celtics fan, welcome back Kris! Let's hope he sticks this time. I think he can have a solid career if given regular PT.

makes you wonder if this was just a means for the Nets to unload him and the Celtics to waive him again

Given what's going on in Boston, I'm guessing the bar for him sticking around will be considerably lower this time around.

this means that they can cut him, without having to waste time by working him out.

been there.

done that.

see ya!!
Oh Lord

Who's coaching in Boston after the trade. Are they looking, or did an assistant get promoted?

From Ainge
KJ going back to Boston may mean more if a former assistant from the old staff was taking over. It sounds like it may just be a salary cap move, like someone else already suggested.