Kudos to Coach Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to Coach Boeheim

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
They clearly used the time off to work on the offense. That was really excellent, and it didn't just come down to "making shots". Yes, Hughes had a great game, but what I really liked was putting Marek, and then Brissett, at the foul line on offense where they could make plays.

I thought our offensive movement was much, much better. The foul calls were absurd, and we still got a great road win.

Battle went "beast mode" a couple times and it was effective. He's pretty good finishing at the rim, and is an OK 3 point shooter - more clutch than consistent - but he is truly elite in the midrange game.

That was an enjoyable game to watch. We looked pretty good today. Nice win. Way to go, guys.

I liked that alley oop play from Dolezaj to Hughes in the first half. Hoping we push the pace a little more and improve our passing in the paint as the year goes on.

Yeah, that was a sweet, soft finish by Hughes. I also loved that drive by Hughes in the 2nd half. He had a great overall game.

Didn't see the game - followed on "live stats." :rolleyes: But I did see a 2 min highlight pkg on YT. Seemed like our offense was based on some pretty good shooting outside the arc?

JB coached a great game today getting those 3-pointers to drop, but his coaching from inside the arc was terrible. Very fortunate to come away with a win. :rolleyes:

:D

JB coached a great game today getting those 3-pointers to drop, but his coaching from inside the arc was terrible. Very fortunate to come away with a win. :rolleyes:

You don't think there was a lot more movement out there today than there was in December?

You don't think there was a lot more movement out there today than there was in December?
Sure there was, I was being a wise ass. But there have been games where this team has failed to convert on numerous open looks (which happens to every team), and this place has melted down trying to assign blame. I do think this team will wind up with a serviceable offense (even with little scoring from the 5) and much better defense as the season progresses, and will be a dangerous NCAAT team.

Last edited:
much better defense as the season progresses, and will be a dangerous NCAAT team.
offense has a chance to come around if JB commits to Dolezaj at the 5. But without serviceable bigs the defense will get mauled against the better teams.

offense has a chance to come around if JB commits to Dolezaj at the 5. But without serviceable bigs the defense will get mauled against the better teams.
You don't think Chukwu was serviceable defensively at the end of last season?

You don't think Chukwu was serviceable defensively at the end of last season?
He stepped it up no question. The problem is he has regressed and lost confidence similar to how Roberson regressed. It’s becoming a theme.

Last edited:
There are only so many shots to be taken. Who do you want taking them?

He stepped it definitely. The problem is he seems to have regressed similar to how Roberson regressed. It’s becoming a theme.
I'm not sure he's completely healthy yet. His rebounding and activity on defense seems to be moving slowly in the right direction, though. Roberson's situation seemed to be something else entirely.

Last edited:
You forgot Frank (I think).
Holy crap, how could I forget Frankie. I guess he fits in with taking a shot whenever he feels it's needed and there for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom