Kudos to Roy Williams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to Roy Williams

I agree with this. All too often respect for our opponents, both players and coaches is overlooked in the heat of competition. It doesn't follow that just because we project all things good and noble upon our team, that the competition is inherently bad or defective in some manner. Although it's easy to recognize that goodhearted kidding and portraying the competition in a less than appealing manner is part of the sporting experience, but is seems we see way too much vitriolic name calling and character assassination of other teams coaches and players.

At the end of the day our competition is really a reflection of ourselves enjoying the essence of competitive sports vicariously through their team in exactly the same fashion as we ourselves do. In respecting and honoring the accomplishments and talents of other teams and coaches we demonstrate that the important aspect is not so much winning and losing but acknowledging that sport mimics the triumphs, struggles and adversity that we all encounter and are called to overcome in everyday life.

If you ever run for office, you get my vote.:)

I thought he was classy in the post-game by admitting that we played harder than his team did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom