Kudos to Strickland | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to Strickland

I'm so happy for him and the O-line, he's getting better with his reads though one play he left to much food on the plate when he should have bounced quick right. Wonderful game overall.

Donte missed a block near their own end zone that ended in a sack and made up for it with a sweet block to free Dungey later in the game for a nice run.

Nice to see the RBs make some long runs, the running game has def improved...

Got to give it to Strickland, feel bad for him every time the announcers talk about how he spent his high school years in a hotel room

Nice to see the RBs make some long runs, the running game has def improved...

Got to give it to Strickland, feel bad for him every time the announcers talk about how he spent his high school years in a hotel room
Yeah I was having LSU flashbacks there.

The improved play that started in the Pitt game has now turned into a three-game trend. We're such a more difficult offense to defend when the run game can hurt teams for overplaying the pass. Need to continue improving, but hats of to the OL and Strickland -- they looked inept earlier in the year, and quite formidable the past three weeks, including two games against top 10 teams with future NFL players all over both front 7's.

The improved play that started in the Pitt game has now turned into a three-game trend. We're such a more difficult offense to defend when the run game can hurt teams for overplaying the pass. Need to continue improving, but hats of to the OL and Strickland -- they looked inept earlier in the year, and quite formidable the past three weeks, including two games against top 10 teams with future NFL players all over both front 7's.
^^^ Agree...this is also why it was smart not to abandon the run game either...if we had gone all pass like some said these guys would not be developing. HCDFB said it could take some time for his offense to click...his offense does include some running...I'm glad both run and pass aspects of the offense is improving...that's a good sign...

Here here to this post (and Strickland). I had him flat out dead and buried. As in, I'd rather have had the ball boy running 1.5 yards and crashing. Then the Pitt game arrived, and I was like, hmmm. And today, even better. As RF just said, we're a different team with him as a threat. I still don't like our running game (or our WR corps other than Phillips/Ish). But at least it's enough to force defenses to plan for it. I mean, Dungey had a terrible first half today. Protection was poor and that added to the woes. 4 pics and receivers wide open in his field of view .. but the D' kept us in it. Just didn't have enough in the tank at the end. Great game.

Last edited:
Such a weird game. I thought the OL played poorly overall. Yet we had 2, 100 yard rushers.

Also I am not sure Servais could have had a worse game hiking the ball lol. So many snaps in the 2nd half were at ED's ankles

^^^ Agree...this is also why it was smart not to abandon the run game either...if we had gone all pass like some said these guys would not be developing. HCDFB said it could take some time for his offense to click...his offense does include some running...I'm glad both run and pass aspects of the offense is improving...that's a good sign...
Yeah, I was wrong on that one. I still don't fully trust our running game, but we bucked the odds having our running game improve in season against upper tier conference opponents.

Dino Freakin' Babers, man.

Yeah, I was wrong on that one. I still don't fully trust our running game, but we bucked the odds having our running game improve in season against upper tier conference opponents.

Dino Freakin' Babers, man.
^^^I'm with you Otto...I don't fully trust it either...just glad it is showing progress with the rest of the offense...

I think Strickland has gotten a bad rap. He has shown if he gets any kind if hole he will hit it hard and fight for every inch.

The o line us not the same line that began the season. They are now blooded troops with experience against some terrific front sevens. Their improved play has given Strickland the bit of room he needed.

Last edited:
Here here to this post (and Strickland). I had him flat out dead and buried. Like, I'd rather have had the ball boy running 1.5 yards and crashing. Then the Pitt game arrived, and I was like, hmmm. And today, even better. As RF just said, we're a different team with him as a threat. I still don't like our running game (or our WR corps other than Phillips/Ish). But at least it's enough to force defenses to plan for it. I mean, Dungey had a terrible day today. Protection was poor and that added to the woes. But 4 pics and receivers wide open in his field of view .. and the D' kept us in it. Just didn't have enough in the tank at the end. Great game.
all dontae ever needed was oline blocking and told to run straight ahead through them---been a fan of his since he came. he is a big strong guy

I will eat crow as I was really down on him. Looks faster and quicker. Good for him. I am sorry strick.

Strickland did have poor vision and the OL was struggling to block and make any resemblance of a hole and both have improved in all aspects and as for us fans, that is what we hoped for. I honestly thought the O-Line would improve but didn't think Strickland was an RB but he's proving me wrong as well and happy to be writing that he is. Shows what hard work, listening to your coaches and perseverance can do.

Dino did mention that Strick wasn't fully healthy until the Pitt game. Again...we need to start trusting what Dino says.

That may be true or HCDB being in his corner. Was Donte hurt last year too?

We shld have run it more! Especially 1st and 2nd and goal from the 10 down by 4 and we had them past play 80... 2 snaps in the dirt on pass plays turned the game.

I will eat crow as I was really down on him. Looks faster and quicker. Good for him. I am sorry strick.
Crow-plate.jpg

Buon Appetito

That may be true or HCDB being in his corner. Was Donte hurt last year too?

He said after fall ball that he was the most improved o player - then he looked the same. That sounds like he was hurt early to me.

Dino doesn’t play those games with the media.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom