Kudos to SU PR | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to SU PR

We had plenty of height - Tril & Cisco are 6'2" and 6', Iffy is 6'3", Coley 6'2"
Newer kids like Ja'Had Carter and RGLBL are both 6'2"
Hanna & Nunn both 6'.
Garrett Williams is 5'11".

Cole & Greenwood are the 'short' guys, at 5'10"

I'll also add that in the next class Folk is 6'1" and the Moore kid we're going after is also 6'1"

If iffy returns we are solid at the corners. Coley returns to one safety slot and cater. There is also labrose that was limited with injury. 6’2 over 200 lbs. I figure that is the starting lineup.
Concerning the other freshman. They really had no summer and minimal camp. No weight training. It is critical that there is lifting in January and February followed by spring ball. If that happens the secondary and lbs will be strong units next year. If we can get a couple of nt from the portal the line will come together.
O is still the biggest issue.

If iffy returns we are solid at the corners. Coley returns to one safety slot and cater. There is also labrose that was limited with injury. 6’2 over 200 lbs. I figure that is the starting lineup.
Concerning the other freshman. They really had no summer and minimal camp. No weight training. It is critical that there is lifting in January and February followed by spring ball. If that happens the secondary and lbs will be strong units next year. If we can get a couple of nt from the portal the line will come together.
O is still the biggest issue.

Jonas is 6-1 210.

Most games have been competitive despite the worst skill position guys imaginable. D keeps plying hard.

It sucks but I can give the staff a pass.

But crap like Sommers and all the WRs need to be forced out I’ll give anyone their scholarships and get better returns. The wide receivers areawful.

Kind of wondering if Sommers is gonna get his walking papers? If he is as bad as they claim, it might be a viable option to free up space. It is absolutely mind boggling how a QB with offers from other P5 program is sitting behind a walk on. What a wiff.

Kind of wondering if Sommers is gonna get his walking papers? If he is as bad as they claim, it might be a viable option to free up space. It is absolutely mind boggling how a QB with offers from other P5 program is sitting behind a walk on. What a wiff.
Didn't maryland pull his offer, pretty sure they were his only P5 and it was between us and UB at that point

This isn't pro football. You can't just cut guys

I think assuming Melifonwu stays there's a lot of talent at DB:
Melifonwu
G. Williams
Nunn
Chestnut (early enrollee)
LaBrosse
Carter
Coley
Hanna

Then there's some unknowns with how much they can contribute like Greenwood, Jonas, and Cole.

Propaganda at it's finest.

Listen, it's a tough year. All results should be taken with a large grain of salt.

However, if there are games, they count. If there is practice, it should mean something.

The fact that we have seen so much regression is very worrisome. I believe/hope things will go back to semi-normal by the summer, which would mean we should have a normal training camp.
Probably won't have spring ball to the extent that he'd want, but there might be some of that also. At the very least, better than absolutely nothing which is what happened after March 11 last year.

All of this to say that next year is very much a big year for him.
A lot of question marks at the QB position, and rightfully so. Does he bring a big-name transfer in? Does he roll the dice with Lamson? Not sure that's a great idea. Or does he beg DeVito to come back and hope he gains pocket awareness and unlocks his eyesight off his first read?

Questions at OL, DL & WR. Other questions about the safety position without Cisco. Is Hanna the long-term answer? He's been OK, not great. Greenwood has been beaten like a drum. Is it fair to judge them as freshmen playing extended minutes? I think it is. Garrett Williams has shown a lot, as have S. Thompson and J. Carter.

Tough calls but ultimately we need to get the offense back on track in some way next year. This current semblance of a unit is really, really bad. And without QB clarity, it's going to be really tough to win 6 games next year.

Not a "regression" in my opinion

Rather, a longstanding lack of sufficient quality depth - revealed by COVID and all of its implications.

This isn't pro football. You can't just cut guys

I realize. But coaching staffs do have conversations with players about their role or lack there of, with the team. I know, because I was the recipient of one... Its brutal but that’s life. Not a lot of kids are going to stick around if their not wanted.

Didn't maryland pull his offer, pretty sure they were his only P5 and it was between us and UB at that point

You are correct.