Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!! | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!!

So do any board insiders know if the program/Syracuse University/AD has budget set aside to run an actual heisman campaign for the White Wolf?

We have many great receivers. I meant that we don’t have the MHJ. Definitely not complaining about this group. Pena is a beast. It is great to see him prosper after getting injured last year.

Oh I got what you meant. I was making the joke that McCord was just as responsible for making MHJ look good and he’s done the same for our WR’s, especially Pena.

My wife and I went to the mall after the game because it’s my sons 2nd birthday Monday so wanted to do the build a bear thing where you pay their age.

While waiting for Cheesecake Factory takeout a family wearing all Ohio St stuff walked by, I said “thanks for the qb!!” They looked at me puzzled and then said “oh yeah, good luck with him” and kinda rolled their eyes.

I said well he threw for almost 400 yards today and they just walked off.

Sad they can’t appreciate how good this kid is
Did you follow them to their car?

IMG_2838.gif

That's the only thing that I was wondering what he was doing. If we're rolling with one mistake every two games, we're in good shape.

The risk/reward and how tight it was and nowhere for the receiver to go after a catch anyway, didn't make sense.
His first 2 passes vs Ohio?

31st all time in passing yards. In 3 games.

If he throws for 300 again this week he will move up to 28th all time, right behind Rex Culpepper.

He is also 29th all time in passing touchdowns with ... 10. If he throws 3 this week he breaks... the top 20 all time with 13 :confused:.

Our passing record book is gross lol

If he throws for 300 again this week he will move up to 28th all time, right behind Rex Culpepper.

He is also 29th all time in passing touchdowns with ... 10. If he throws 3 this week he breaks... the top 20 all time with 13 :confused:.

While I agree it is surprising, the modern era with teams actually throwing the ball 30+ times a game, only started fairly recently. Before the “air raid”, “fun and gun”, etc, passing offenses like BYU, Houston, Hawaii, etc., were the exception, not the rule. So there’s not a lot of years in the 40s 50s 60s and 70s, when a 1 year (or 2 year) starter was going to have 10 touchdown passes. Even in the 80s, look at McPherson‘s statistics that got him #2 in the Heisman race. Most people would not believe those numbers could be accurate!

Then factor in 3/4 year starters like McNabb, Graves, McPherson, Dungey, Shrader, Nassib and you have about 20 years of Modern Syracuse history taken up by just six quarterbacks. Then you have Hunt, Nunes, Paterson, and a few others getting you close to 30 with maybe 10 quarterbacks.

So initially, I was surprised by your info, but when I thought about it, it makes sense

300-yard passing games at Syracuse from recent starting QBs:

Kyle McCord -- 3 (3 games)
Garrett Shrader -- 2 (35 games)
Tommy DeVito -- 2 (27 games)

I had fun during etta tawo's year and how he passed name players after a few quarters, your posts about this will be humorous through the season

I had fun during etta tawo's year and how he passed name players after a few quarters, your posts about this will be humorous through the season

Haha i loved the AET posts. Truly ridiculous numbers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom