Lack of Faith | Syracusefan.com

Lack of Faith

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
No believe without evidence here. In fact, no believe with a little evidence. ESPN.com is ranking future power ratings for football. There is an insider article up today listing the FPR (projection over the next 3 years) for offense. Cuse is nowhere to be found but there are 5 ACC teams (plus Notre Dame) in the list.

INSIDER article:

College football future QB power rankings

They did a similar analysis of QBs last month and no love for Dungey/Culpepper/DeVito triumverate either.

Guess this isn't surprising but I thought that with the progress made last year, the returning starters and youth on the roster and an awareness of the system DB is implementing we would start to see some rumblings.

Adam Rittenberg compiled the ratings and all I can say is "Adam, it's not your fault! You didn't know!"

Dungey is the one proven guy but he has not proven he can stay on the field. So it makes sense. If he stays healthy he will be terrific IMO

Dungey is the one proven guy but he has not proven he can stay on the field. So it makes sense. If he stays healthy he will be terrific IMO
IF he stays healthy he will be all ACC. I'm not sure that we really appreciate how much talent Eric has.

This season will be the first time in years where he'll have the opportunity to play in the same system in back-to-back seasons.

True, interesting. If ED stays healthy and plays 10 games/season at the very least; he will be all ACC, and be on the NFL's radar.

For QBs I can almost understand. But for overall offense I'm a little less understanding. Inadvertantly linked the wrong article in the OP. If you have Insider access here is the FPR for offense. If we lag behind some of the teams on this list I'll be amazed:

Alabama tops future offense power rankings

They never saw us coming...

Although I understand the general sentiment here, I absolutely get why Syracuse is not appearing on these types of projections. Nor do I think we will anytime soon - without at least a couple of seasons of "evidence" AND wins on the field.

WE believe without much evidence, because we are the fan base. The "reality" of the program is that we are 74 games under .500 since 2005. Even with some of the numbers Babers put up last season, it is a huge leap of Faith for impartial observers to think that a program that's been down like this for so long is suddenly going to have the talent to make Baber's system consistently productive.

Let me be clear though, I believe. I have faith. But I'm a season ticket holder.

And just coz a kid is injured last year doesn't mean he will be injured the next . It kills me when they call someone injury prone . Call it what it is BAD LUCK

Played ? He was clearly concussed and the staff did the right thing .
Concussed when? Clemson? Because if he was, the staff did the absolute wrong thing. He was back on the field shortly, in the sunlight with deafening noise surrounding him.

I've been told to the contrary. If he was, it wasn't clear by any means in my opinion. The evidence I've seen and heard would suggest that he wasn't.

Last edited:
Y do u think he didn't play the rest of the season ? W his previous concussions they had to sit him . If he wasn't concussed y else would they sit him ???

Played ? He was clearly concussed and the staff did the right thing .

Not sure a concussion was ever confirmed. May have been, but also could have been severe neck and shoulder muscle straining, aka whiplash. Hoping it was that instead;)

Coaches who have millions yes MILLIONS of dollars on the line are going to push for their Qb to play . It must have been a real injury

For QBs I can almost understand. But for overall offense I'm a little less understanding. Inadvertantly linked the wrong article in the OP. If you have Insider access here is the FPR for offense. If we lag behind some of the teams on this list I'll be amazed:

Alabama tops future offense power rankings

Just read it, yeah, not sure if we end up a top 25 offense, but there are a few teams on the list that seem odd.