Lack of Faith | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lack of Faith

They didn't know, it's not there fault.

ED accounts for 30 TDs this year.

His bosses talk louder.

Coaches have very little, if any, input into decisions that have been passed to the medical staff at the collegiate level.

Hello, a kid can sit with less than a concussion. We werent exactly vying for the ACC championship. With EDs Hx, i get it. Think it was more of a whiplash scenario, which is what i heard. Still was smart sitting him.

whole lot of conspiracy theories in here from posters I respect. one thing doesn't feel right... absolutely what benefit exists in the scenario where you sit ED if he can play?

whole lot of conspiracy theories in here from posters I respect. one thing doesn't feel right... absolutely what benefit exists in the scenario where you sit ED if he can play?

Uh, keeping him from getting hurt again/more seriously?

That's kinda a no brainer, in what was essentially a throw-away season for the coaching staff and team.
He's much more important to us this year, than last.

He can't play if the doc says he can't play. Doesn't mean what the doc said was in concurrence with the second opinion, or the hold out policy is transparent. Can a second opinion over rule the internal decision? Probably not. That's kind of what I'm putting together based on the snippets :noidea:

Last edited:
So coach Babers with his 2 millon plus salary just let his qb sit and he wasn't injured ?? No way no how no matter what you heard . Millions talk very loudly
Care Taker, we have had this argument in another thread and we aren't going to re-hash it here with you.

Suffice it to say that ED wasn't concussed and should not have had to sit. Most would say that the medical staff that sat him was completely unqualified to come to the conclusion they did without the consultation of experts in the field.

Had nothing to do with Babers wanting him to play and getting his way. Because he clearly didn't and sat.

Things have changed for the better for both the kids and the program.

Uh, keeping him from getting hurt again/more seriously?

That's kinda a no brainer, in what was essentially a throw-away season for the coaching staff and team.
He's much more important to us this year, than last.
I've played college football. What CUSU said makes sense. However, yours does not. No season/game is a throw-away.

Whatever the injury is or not, ED needs to protect himself from massive hits. He needs to watch some Doug Flutie videos and see how a guy who moved around a ton, and was tiny, figured out a way to never take a direct hit at any level.

Qb is all about feel , you need a good O line , and so many times a wr can mess up a route leaving the Qb confused and than whack ..but again a lot has to do with luck

So coach Babers with his 2 millon plus salary just let his qb sit and he wasn't injured ?? No way no how no matter what you heard . Millions talk very loudly
There's soooooo much more to this than you're privy to.

It's obvious he didn't have a concussion, or he would have been Mike Leach'd to a dark shed. Not back out in the bright lights and sounds of Death Valley. If we were playing at BC, maybe he's back on the sideline (because there's no people and no noise, zing!).

It's also obvious there was an injury. Who knows what it was, how severe it was, and how much knowledge the medical staff had in the particular area.

Good to hear that he could have played. And better to hear that he's out there practicing now and will be ready to roll in September.

I know that there are a lot of opinions on both sides of this issue from coaches, a lot of caring fans as well as some kids in their tighty whities on their mommy's computer. I don't know if ED had a concussion or not, but I'm still feeling the effects of a concussion from a August 2015 car crash. If I was the father of a boy or girl playing a contact sport (yes, including basketball) and there was a possibility of a concussion, I would want the staff to err on the side of caution. :confused:

I know that there are a lot of opinions on both sides of this issue from coaches, a lot of caring fans as well as some kids in their tighty whities on their mommy's computer. I don't know if ED had a concussion or not, but I'm still feeling the effects of a concussion from a August 2015 car crash. If I was the father of a boy or girl playing a contact sport (yes, including basketball) and there was a possibility of a concussion, I would want the staff to err on the side of caution. :confused:

The kids are still wearing tighty whities?

I'd have my kid go commando first.

(sometimes it's not planned that way).

Dale Jr got one in nascar and he was "playing" for millions and endorsements and he sat for the rest of the year in a sport where you might not have any contact for a yr