Lack of institutional control Miami | Syracusefan.com

Lack of institutional control Miami

victor

All Conference
Miami is about to get hit with lack of institutional control by NCAA

Somewhere there is a NYS running back who is hearing this:

They will cry about how they self-imposed sanctions and the NCAA messed themselves so bad it should be a mistrial... Meanwhile, they actual messed up. Actions have consequences, just like Gus LOI.

I hope they get the hammer dropped on their testicles. I loathe all things Miami sports.

I thought I read somewhere that Golden used Shapiro to treat recruits for lunch after the NCAA found wrongdoings the first time around and after the Golden boy promissed the program would be clean.

self inflicted all the way

If there is no settlement and the NCAA imposes sanctions on it's own, I can see Miami suing/fighting the NCAA on this one. I believe there were violations, but in this case the credibility and integrity of the NCAA is not good. The NCAA expects schools to be transparent, but when they have their own issues wont's reveal what they have done to fix them and what they have done to punish their own people...complete and utter hypocrisy. I am by no means a fan of Miami, but I don't the Canes and Shalala laying down and taking this...

The integrity of the investigation is seriously in question, and they throw down "lack of institutional control?" The NCAA might wanna deal that card to themselves, too.

They did. They admitted to mistakes, fired the people who made them, and threw out the tainted evidence. There is still enough there to drop hammer, apparently.

This isn't a court of law where you throw out the whole case. They said - look we messed up in this investigation, here's how. Now, back to the mountain of evidence...

Probably not a bright idea for the chancellor to publicly bash the NCAA
She is probably one of the most politically connected chancellors in the NCAA. The NCAA screwed up and if they try to put more post season bans she has enough pull to take it to another level. She served on cli tons cabinet and is good friends with Obama.

They did. They admitted to mistakes, fired the people who made them, and threw out the tainted evidence. There is still enough there to drop hammer, apparently.

This isn't a court of law where you throw out the whole case. They said - look we messed up in this investigation, here's how. Now, back to the mountain of evidence...

Too bad the Los Angeles DA's office didn't take that approach in the OJ trial.

She is probably one of the most politically connected chancellors in the NCAA. The NCAA screwed up and if they try to put more post season bans she has enough pull to take it to another level. She served on cli tons cabinet and is good friends with Obama.

Not to mention a very smart lady...received her doctorate from Syracuse!!

I don't want to see Miami get anore sanctions. They are in the same conference as us now. I for one, don't want any of our conference brothers to be ineligible for anything. And I sure don't want excuses when Cuse stomps them the first time we play!!! Go Cuse.

I wonder what line of BS they fed Gus. He seems like a really sincere young man, and I think his trust was misplaced. I feel sorry for him.

stand-back-shits-about-to-get-real.jpg

There is absolutely no way Miami should accept ANY additional sanctions from the NCAA. What the NCAA did in this investigation is unbelievably shady and shows the problems with the NCAA leadership. They used Shapiro's attorney and had her use her subpoena power under the guise of the Fraud charges against Shapiro to get information for the NCAA investigators and then paid her 19k on top of the money she was getting from Shapiro. Then the NCAA fed questions to Maria Elena Perez for depositions she was giving Miami officials to get even more illegal information for the NCAA. The NCAA has to declare its investigation of Miami a mistrial and accept the punishments Miami has self-imposed, and second Ms. Perez should be disbarred by the Florida Bar for her illegal conduct.

The integrity of the investigation is seriously in question, and they throw down "lack of institutional control?" The NCAA might wanna deal that card to themselves, too.

It would be funny if the NCAA worked that into the start of their press conference. "We are here in our glass case of emotion with a big pile of rocks, so here goes..."

Louisville wants to join in too!

Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde

Louisville spokesman says the university and Clint Hurtt have received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA. Declined to say what it says.

No matter how the NCAA handled the investigation it doesn't change Miami's wrongdoings. The NCAA acknowledged mistakes and voluntarily threw out whatever they found as a result.

It's not like this is a criminal proceeding and Miami wasn't read it's Miranda rights.

Good, let's take it to that other level. The entire landscape of college football stinks and I would love for someone to blow it all up right now. Enough frittering around the margins.

There is absolutely no way Miami should accept ANY additional sanctions from the NCAA. What the NCAA did in this investigation is unbelievably shady and shows the problems with the NCAA leadership. They used Shapiro's attorney and had her use her subpoena power under the guise of the Fraud charges against Shapiro to get information for the NCAA investigators and then paid her 19k on top of the money she was getting from Shapiro. Then the NCAA fed questions to Maria Elena Perez for depositions she was giving Miami officials to get even more illegal information for the NCAA. The NCAA has to declare its investigation of Miami a mistrial and accept the punishments Miami has self-imposed, and second Ms. Perez should be disbarred by the Florida Bar for her illegal conduct.

The NCAA threw out about 20% of the evidence against Miami that it deemed was unfairly collected.. Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless & Jay Bilas have said Mark Emmert should step down. In a report Emmert had himself 10th on the list for those at the NCAA who are most responsible for the misdeeds in the investigation. The panel strongly disagreed and said he should have placed himself at the top of the list.

It seems that things are now more focused on the NCAA's heavy handedness in this matter rather than any of the actual wrong doing's by Miami. The consensus is Miami should be pardoned and freed from any further punishment.

Watch Bilas, Bayless & Smith from yesterday

Should Mark Emmert Step Down?

Louisville wants to join in too!

Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde

Louisville spokesman says the university and Clint Hurtt have received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA. Declined to say what it says.
Well they were supposedly going to get a showcause for Hurtt. So I'd assume that's still the case.

It's not a trial. They answer largely to themselves and "sort of" to the institutions. They threw out that evidence and said there was still a lot there. It's their prerogative.

I respect your opinion and agree that should be how it's handled. But it won't be.

For those wishing Miami well; I remind you of brutal losses in the past and fertile recruiting grounds for the future as reasons to be okay with sanctions.

The NCAA threw out about 20% of the evidence against Miami that it deemed was unfairly collected.. Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless & Jay Bilas have said Mark Emmert should step down. In a report Emmert had himself 10th on the list for those at the NCAA who are most responsible for the misdeeds in the investigation. The panel strongly disagreed and said he should have placed himself at the top of the list.

It seems that things are now more focused on the NCAA's heavy handedness in this matter rather than any of the actual wrong doing's by Miami. The consensus is Miami should be pardoned and freed from any further punishment.

Watch Bilas, Bayless & Smith from yesterday

Should Mark Emmert Step Down?
Great clip and Bilas is 100% right the other 2 clowns I could care less what they think, but the NCAA can't be trusted by its member schools if they will knowingly break protocol to elicit illegal information. Is Miami guilty? Yes, they probably are, but everybody has the right to due process. I prosecute cases in Charlotte, NC and if I ever buried exculpatory evidence I would go to jail or if the evidence was gathered illegally then it gets barred. There is a thing in criminal justice called fruit from the poison tree if evidence is gathered from a poison tree ALL of the evidence from that tree is excluded. Even if it is only 20% of the evidence against Miami once that evidence is introduced it is impossible to forget it exists and once the bell has been rung it can't be un-rung. Emmert should resign even though he is a Maxwell and SU alum, but he won't because its a 1-2 million per year bureaucrat job that is too easy to walk away from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom