Lack of Wales' Involvement | Syracusefan.com

Lack of Wales' Involvement

Orijinal

All Conference
If Pitt is covering our wide receivers like a blanket, why are we not throwing it to Wales or throwing a check down to a back?

Why has the tight end not been utilized much at all this year???? Wales can catch the ball just as well as Provo and was getting rave reviews in camp. Why does Syracuse (again) go away from something they have had proven success in???

Wouldn't you then force the defense to be mindful of more than Sales, Lemon, and West? I REALLY don't understand this. Somebody please explain this to me.

Some here would say because Wales is slow footed (which is asinine). I think its because Nassib, either by his own doing, the o-line's, or a combination of both, can't get through all of the progressions to check down to him. I guess the question remains why he isnt used a primary target more? My guess is, he just isnt as good a Provo was and the offense has been moving to a more spread out, less multiple, style.

That could all be true, but even I could predict that on any given pass play, the ball will be thrown 7-10 yards down field to one of 3 targets. And it seems that if Syracuse continues to be stubborn here then they will continue to not experience improved success in the passing game.

To me, this should be evident to any team that practices "self-scouting"

Unfortunately, Hicks let the bench bar drop on Wales' head/neck/face/chest area. Upper body injury.

Unfortunately, Hicks let the bench bar drop on Wales' head/neck/face/chest area. Upper body injury.

We've had weight lifting related injuries.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We've had weight lifting related injuries.

True. All schools do.

Hicks is good enough for Freeney though year in and year out. That says something.

True. All schools do.

Hicks is good enough for Freeney though year in and year out. That says something.

Freeney is a freak of nature.

Freeney is a freak of nature.

Could still use anyone in the country, yet he uses Hicks.

Could still use anyone in the country, yet he uses Hicks.

Yep, that's one.

I know it isn't Hicks' fault, but the weight room at SU doesn't look big enough.

Tight ends caught 9 passes against northwestern and wales had six. Wales followed that with three catches for thirty yards against USC. Cutler chipped in two. Now we don't even throw the ball to them.

The Pitt LBs are a bad matchup for the Cuse TEs ... if you go back and watch the game the LBs weren't racking up insane amounts of tackles because they were preoccupied with our TEs ... they know the Cuse loves going there and tried to take that away.

The bigger question is where is Stevens. Stevens was showing the ability to catch deeper passes almost like a WR in pre-season. He is supposed to be 100% healthy but hes been completely MIA so far which has been dissapointing for him and this offense.

The Pitt LBs are a bad matchup for the Cuse TEs ... if you go back and watch the game the LBs weren't racking up insane amounts of tackles because they were preoccupied with our TEs ... they know the Cuse loves going there and tried to take that away.

I was wondering about that, haven't seen the game on tape to find out...thanks.

I was wondering about that, haven't seen the game on tape to find out...thanks.

I am actually rewatching the game now ... we did run several 4 WR sets and single back ... therefore no TE even on the field as well ... can't throw to him if he is on the sidelines. I think our plan was to really spread them out.

I am actually rewatching the game now ... we did run several 4 WR sets and single back ... therefore no TE even on the field as well ... can't throw to him if he is on the sidelines. I think our plan was to really spread them out.

For the last 3 weeks, people have complained because we didn't use 4 WR sets.

Now they complain because we did.

:noidea:

For the last 3 weeks, people have complained because we didn't use 4 WR sets.

Now they complain because we did.

:noidea:

Well I'd like to file my own complaint ... LOL ... why didn't we just run the ball down their throats more often? I know the fans want wide open but good night Smith just ran between the tackles at will ... Pitt was so geared up to stop the pass (can't believe I am saying that about a Cuse team this decade) that we could pretty much run the ball at will between the tackles. Plus did anyone else notice how much better our tackling was this week? Hardly any blown tackles which makes a huge difference with a guy like Graham toting the rock.

Well I'd like to file my own complaint ... LOL ... why didn't we just run the ball down their throats more often? I know the fans want wide open but good night Smith just ran between the tackles at will ... Pitt was so geared up to stop the pass (can't believe I am saying that about a Cuse team this decade) that we could pretty much run the ball at will between the tackles. Plus did anyone else notice how much better our tackling was this week? Hardly any blown tackles which makes a huge difference with a guy like Graham toting the rock.

Did you also notice how many times we ran out of the 4 WR package? Lots of room underneath.

Doesn't it seem like Nassib is best on the tinermediate throws over the middle? 15-20 yards downfield. He's not good beyond that or to the side. Either a wide-out or a tight end could catch the 15-20 yard pass.