Ladies and Gentlemen... Your NNBE Football Conference | Syracusefan.com

Ladies and Gentlemen... Your NNBE Football Conference

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
The football members:
NNBE-Football.png

... with room for 1-3 more.

That's 7 members that Syracuse has never played as conference-mates.

This definitely isn't the conference that Syracuse once knew.

Let's see... 5 original BE football conference members will be in the ACC, 2 are (back) in the NNBE and 1 is in the Big XII. For Syracuse fans that care at all about football, it's clear that the move to the ACC is the right thing to do. LGO!

Former University at Buffalo President Bill Greiner, back in the early days of what he termed their "Run to Division One" stated that had UB not dropped football and de-emphasized sports in the early 70s, UB would've been a charter member of the Big East. And his goal was to get UB into the Big East.

Looks like his wish has a chance to come true.

That conference is a train-wreck.

By 2020 the Big East won't even have a football side to the conference. That is an unstable bunch that has no hope of survival

The football members:
View attachment 981

Let's see... 5 original BE football conference members will be in the ACC, 2 are (back) in the NNBE and 1 is in the Big XII. For Syracuse fans that that care at all about football, it's clear that the move to the ACC is that right thing to do. LGO!

Why did navy agree to join that disaster?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Good question--I thought they had an adversion to sinking ships.

Yes, but they are also known for their bravery in the face of adversity and their willingness to provide humanitarian aid to those impacted by disasters. And that conference roll is a disaster. Boise and Louisville will be gone within the next 4 years, mark it down.

The logos don't do it justice. You really have to list it out to get the full effect.

Rutgers
UConn
Cincinnati
South Florida
Louisville
Temple
Houston
Central Florida
Southern Methodist
Memphis State
Boise State
San Diego State

**wow - it truly is conference usa redux. Thank god we're out of this cluster.

Boise and Louisville will be gone within the next 4 years, mark it down.
The only way I see Boise staying is as part of a 16-team set up... possibly with Air Force & BYU in a western pod. If/when Louisville leaves things become real dicey.

It's ironic that the old C-USA group's block of UCF as part of going to 12, coupled with the nixed TV deal helped reduce the stature of the NBE will likely lead them back to mid-major status.

That image is just begging to have a ECU logo in there somewhere.

That image is just begging to have a ECU logo in there somewhere.
honestly, i couldnt figure out why it wasnt there. i thought they were in. :noidea:

:rolling:

The logos don't do it justice. You really have to list it out to get the full effect.

Rutgers
UConn
Cincinnati
South Florida
Louisville
Temple
Houston
Central Florida
Southern Methodist
Memphis State
Boise State
San Diego State

**wow - it truly is conference usa redux. Thank god we're out of this cluster.
It's hard to tell whether that's a football conference or a listing of solid safety schools when you don't get into your first choice.

The football members:
View attachment 981

Let's see... 5 original BE football conference members will be in the ACC, 2 are (back) in the NNBE and 1 is in the Big XII. For Syracuse fans that care at all about football, it's clear that the move to the ACC is the right thing to do. LGO!

If I were the BE (and I'm glad I'm not), I would add two teams -- doesn't matter who they are, no one cares. But get to 15 FB schools. Break into THREE divisions -- East, Midwest, West. Each team would play 4 In-Division games each year. And 2 / 3 from the other divisions. Example: Team in the East would play two teams from the West, and 3 from the Midwest. Next year, 3 / 2. Total 9 conference games each year. Go ahead and try to hold a conference championship game and try to make it work.

If I were the BE (and I'm glad I'm not), I would add two teams -- doesn't matter who they are, no one cares. But get to 15 FB schools. Break into THREE divisions -- East, Midwest, West. Each team would play 4 In-Division games each year. And 2 / 3 from the other divisions. Example: Team in the East would play two teams from the West, and 3 from the Midwest. Next year, 3 / 2. Total 9 conference games each year. Go ahead and try to hold a conference championship game and try to make it work.

Sounds like MLB. Add a wild card team to build fan interest in Boston (ie Red Sox) and then have semis and finals to crown a conference champion.

Wonder what they'll do with the $20M total they're getting from Pitt, SU and TCU for the buyouts ? Lifetime passes on Greyhound for all NNBE AD's and coaches ?

That conference is a train-wreck.

By 2020 the Big East won't even have a football side to the conference. That is an unstable bunch that has no hope of survival

By 2020 the entire landscape for all college sports could be unrecognizable.

In the meantime, explain why a conference with programs far superior to the SU Football program - SMU, Boise St, U of Houston, SD State, CFU and those teams that beat us fairly easily last year - Louisville, Cincy, USF - is a trainwreck.

I suspect thst all of those programs, including Rutgers and UConn who both beat us last year disagree with you.

Who are the teams you would have added to the Big East following our departure and the departure of WVU and Pitt?

In the meantime, explain why a conference with programs far superior to the SU Football program - SMU, Boise St, U of Houston, SD State, CFU and those teams that beat us fairly easily last year - Louisville, Cincy, USF - is a trainwreck.

I suspect thst all of those programs, including Rutgers and UConn who both beat us last year disagree with you.

Who are the teams you would have added to the Big East following our departure and the departure of WVU and Pitt?

First it's UCF.

Second of all, with current rosters, SU could beat all of those teams.

Thirdly...
1959 National Champions
8 Heisman Trophy Finalists
1 Heisman Trophy Winner
42 Consensus All-Americans
14 College Football Hall of Famers
7 NFL Hall of Famers
686-484-49 (.582) All-Time Record (15th All-Time Wins)
12-9-1 Postseason Record

As football programs Syracuse, and Pitt, sh@t on every current Big East school.

I thought you said you were "done with me"...why are you asking me the same question (which I have answered 50 times) again?

P.S...I find it funny since because UCONN and Rutgers beat SU last year it erases history and the past 100 years of football. All that matters was that one game last year and nothing else..:rolleyes:

P.S.S...A few of those programs might currently be superior to SU, but NONE of them are "FAR SUPERIOR" as you say. That is where you lose all credibility by making outrageous and silly statements like that.

First it's UCF.

Thirdly...
1959 National Champions
1 Heisman Trophy Winner
7 NFL Hall of Famers
12-9-1 Postseason Record

Thank you! You hit the nail on the head!

I can't believe there is a Big East apologist alive on this planet but OPA seems to be one!

I thought you said you were "done with me"...why are you asking me the same question (which I have answered 50 times) again?

P.S...I find it funny since because UCONN and Rutgers beat SU last year it erases history and the past 100 years of football. All that matters was that one game last year and nothing else..:rolleyes:

P.S.S...A few of those programs might currently be superior to SU, but NONE of them are "FAR SUPERIOR" as you say. That is where you lose all credibility by making outrageous and silly statements like that.

You know what - you're right.

There really is no reason to review this issue with you - you're clueless.

I guess the combination of the pointless anger, pomposity, and factual ignorance that is the essence of your posts compels me to respond.

And it is always amusing to ask you to name the four schools you would have added to the BE because you never have an answer while lying about having previously answered the question. That part of the interaction with you is entertaining, I must say.

But all in all, you're right, interacting with you is a pointless exercise.

Perhaps you can spend the rest of the day contemplating the difference between superior and far superior - that ought to occupy you for a few hours.

Thanks again for the good advice.

First it's UCF.

Thirdly...
1959 National Champions
1 Heisman Trophy Winner
7 NFL Hall of Famers
12-9-1 Postseason Record

You really believe that SU can beat Boise State or University of Houston?

Really?

Why is it that most writers have SU finishing next to last in the BE this year?

Hey, there is no bigger supporter of this program than I am, but I have to admit that pomposity on the part of our fans - when our program has been very irrelevant regionally and nationally for a long time - is uncomfortable and unbecoming of us.

Talking sh@t on other programs - especially ones that are better than we are - is pretty classless.

You know what - you're right.

There really is no reason to review this issue with you - you're clueless.

I guess the combination of the pointless anger, pomposity, and factual ignorance that is the essence of your posts compels me to respond.

And it is always amusing to ask you to name the four schools you would have added to the BE because you never have an answer while lying about having previously answered the question. That part of the interaction with you is entertaining, I must say.

But all in all, you're right, interacting with you is a pointless exercise.

Perhaps you can spend the rest of the day contemplating the difference between superior and far superior - that ought to occupy you for a few hours.

Thanks again for the good advice.

There's not 4 schools he would add because they all suck. The conference is terrible OP, it's Conference USA. It's geographically a trainwreck.

There's not 4 schools he would add because they all suck. The conference is terrible OP, it's Conference USA. It's geographically a trainwreck.
This seems a reasonable response to me. Add in the fact that there is no real history here and that other sports besides football are involved and you have to figure that travel costs alone will result in it's eventual demise. But maybe it can hold itself together long enough to develop rivalries among schools, heightened fan interest and a tv contract that will be enough to keep other conferences from peeling off the best schools. We shall see.

Thank you. OPA asks me the same question like 50 times. I answer and have given the same answer multiple times over the past few months in multiple threads...he doesnt like the answer (because it makes sense and is correct) so he keeps asking the question over and over since he has no comeback or response. It has gotten old and OPA's act is wearing stale at this point and he then resorts to namecalling. Just all childish behavior.

You really believe that SU can beat Boise State or University of Houston?

Really?

Why is it that most writers have SU finishing next to last in the BE this year?

Hey, there is no bigger supporter of this program than I am, but I have to admit that pomposity on the part of our fans - when our program has been very irrelevant regionally and nationally for a long time - is uncomfortable and unbecoming of us.

Talking sh@t on other programs - especially ones that are better than we are - is pretty classless.

They're not better than us. Last year Boise and Houston would, probably, have beaten us. Currently Syracuse would be even with them.

Most writers have SU finishing last because we finished last this past season. Last year writers picked Rutgers to finish last, know why? They finished last in 2010.

As an overall program we're, far, better than any current Big East member.