Ladies and Gents, I present the 2012 Big East Champions! | Syracusefan.com

Ladies and Gents, I present the 2012 Big East Champions!

Don't think you can call them Big East champions when they finished (7, yes seven) games behind us and lost to us both times they played us. Gotta include "tournament" or it makes no sense at all.

Conference tournaments are what they are. Most correctly put more credence on winning the regular season. Apparently being able to maintain focus and intensity for 3 days is beyond the ability of SU basketball teams whenever they are the #1 seed. Six times and no BET titles.

Conference tourneys have very much in common with conference shufflings of teams..its all based on money..nothing to do with what is good for the game.

This is disappointing. Chances this team could have won the big east conf tourney was high. Chances they win the NCAA title considering how good kentucky, mich st, UNC, Missouri are playing significantly lower. I would have liked to see more hardware from them this year. I'm really surprised winning in the Garden for potentially the last time did not seem important ESPECIALLY to our seniors!

importance has nothing to do with anything! its all about execution, confidence & luck!

JB could care less about the bet title if it means lower chances next weekend. I think he was more worried about getting scoop more minutes and out of his slump than winning the BET.

JB believes scoops play will be the diference in an elite 8 & final four run. It's hard to argue with him, see scoop winning us some early games. Personally I think we could ALSO get there with more development of MCW, but it would have been a bigger gamble. JB plays the percentages. I pray to god scoop relaxes, focuses and gets rolling. More importantly, if scoop doesn't snap out of this funk &we struggle to move the ball & score inside the arc. I will be livid if MCW doesn't get a chance!

Hopefully we don't need big minutes from MCW. Scoop needs to focus and forget about last year.

Five times BET champions, five first round exits.

Five times BET champions, five first round exits.

Huh? In 1981 we weren't invited. In 1988 and 1992 we won in the first round.