Lakers will go after Ollie and Cailpari | Syracusefan.com

Lakers will go after Ollie and Cailpari

John Calipari @UKCoachCalipari Before it starts, I'm totally committed to helping this group of young men reach their dreams. I wouldn't & couldn't leave this group!

Kentucky will have more talent next year than the Lakers so I would stay at Kentucky too.

JarHeadJim said:
John Calipari @UKCoachCalipari Before it starts, I'm totally committed to helping this group of young men reach their dreams. I wouldn't & couldn't leave this group! Kentucky will have more talent next year than the Lakers so I would stay at Kentucky too.

I know he gets a lot of crap around here, but this man is committed to Kentucky and the group of guys he has put together. I've never really been a Cal fan or supporter but I have gained a lot of respect for him over the past few years. Great quote by him and all the rumors can be silenced before they start. Good job Cal.

I know he gets a lot of crap around here, but this man is committed to Kentucky and the group of guys he has put together. I've never really been a Cal fan or supporter but I have gained a lot of respect for him over the past few years. Great quote by him and all the rumors can be silenced before they start. Good job Cal.
ImageGen.ashx
\
Nuff said.

OT but Calipari is having hip replacement surgery tomorrow. He'll be on the shelf for a month or two.

Next Lakers coach will come from Tom Thibodeau, Derek Fisher Kevin Ollie, Frank Vogel or if the Lakers want to suck next year Kurt Rambis

Rollie won a title in 85. Ollie will be Rollie in a few years. Ollie won a title with calhouns recruits. Hold off on Ollie being the next great coach

I think Ollie would work well in the NBA. He doesn't seem like he has a huge ego and based on their comments, a lot of guys who played with him respect him- which is the key to success for NBA coaches.

gilardino said:
Rollie won a title in 85. Ollie will be Rollie in a few years. Ollie won a title with calhouns recruits. Hold off on Ollie being the next great coach

That is a pretty simplistic, narrow view and indicates you didn't pay attention to the ( albeit sickening) Kevin Ollie infomercial during the tournament. This guys got everything you would ever want in a modern day College coach. He is lauded by leBron and Durant thus he has instant credibility with every recruit. He gets total respect out of his players without being heavy handed. He is a way better game coach then I thought he would be so early. He out coached in successive games: jay wright, Fred hoiberg, Tom Izzo, Billy Donovan and john Calipari. I don't mean his team beat their teams, I mean he out coached them. The only guy he faced he didn't out coach in the tournament was Phil Martelli.

I can't believe how lucky the conn-victs got with this guy. They don't deserve him.

I would love it if he broke their hearts and took the lakers job. He won't though.

Ollie a huge ego. Like when he brings his whole team to the center court for an interview after the game Ams the team acts like punks. Yeah no ego.

Next Lakers coach will come from Tom Thibodeau, Derek Fisher Kevin Ollie, Frank Vogel or if the Lakers want to suck next year Kurt Rambis
We want Rambis, We want Rambis!

gilardino said:
Ollie a huge ego. Like when he brings his whole team to the center court for an interview after the game Ams the team acts like punks. Yeah no ego.

I didn't see punks. I saw a team that was together, and liked to have fun with their coach and related to him while still respecting him.

I hate that program too, but I will call a spade a spade when I see it.

Byron Scott and Lionel Hollins should be on the list. Mark Jackson too, if Golden State gets dumb. Only college guys I'd have interest in are Ollie and Donovan.

Ollie and LEbron were very close while with cavs...lakers should have cap space in 15 and high draft picks in 14 and 15. Lebron can opt out this year or next I believe...just saying lakers are a elite fanchise...they will have draft picks, cap space, and it is the Lakers. It could be interesting to see what happens.

Otto'd said:
I didn't see punks. I saw a team that was together, and liked to have fun with their coach and related to him while still respecting him. I hate that program too, but I will call a spade a spade when I see it.

Are you a uconn fan? 23 posts and more than half are about UConn or defending uconn.

rrlbees said:
Are you a uconn fan? 23 posts and more than half are about UConn or defending uconn.

Wow, I think I'll go hang myself now. Been called many bad words in my life. but not that bad. Didn't realize that my uconn ratio was so high. they have just been a topic around here after the tournament run. I watch a lot of hoops, lurked for a while. Used to post years ago before the move.

I think Ollie can be a good NBA coach, but neither Cal nor Ollie can be the choice while Kobe is still on the team.

The only way I see either of them landing there is if it assures that another big name free agent (probably represented by the same agency) would come along when available.

Ollie and LEbron were very close while with cavs...lakers should have cap space in 15 and high draft picks in 14 and 15. Lebron can opt out this year or next I believe...just saying lakers are a elite fanchise...they will have draft picks, cap space, and it is the Lakers. It could be interesting to see what happens.
That is an interesting scenario. For some reason I just have a feeling that Lebron is not going to be in Miami much longer. He has done basically all he could there and it is time for him to move on to a new challenge, ie bring a historically great franchise back to prominence.

That is an interesting scenario. For some reason I just have a feeling that Lebron is not going to be in Miami much longer. He has done basically all he could there and it is time for him to move on to a new challenge, ie bring a historically great franchise back to prominence.
Lebron, Kobe, and a bunch of scrubs? 8 seed maybe if Kobe can stay healthy for the 1st time in 3 years at 37.

Wow, I think I'll go hang myself now. Been called many bad words in my life. but not that bad. Didn't realize that my uconn ratio was so high. they have just been a topic around here after the tournament run. I watch a lot of hoops, lurked for a while. Used to post years ago before the move.
Either your an attorney or you are a UConn fan. Both are equally reprehensible .

Lebron, Kobe, and a bunch of scrubs? 8 seed maybe if Kobe can stay healthy for the 1st time in 3 years at 37.
Lebron brought a Cleveland team where Larry Hughes was the second best player to the NBA Finals. A starting five of Kendall Marshall, Kobe, Lebron, Aaron Gordon (My pick if I'm LA), and Pau Gasol would be pretty formidable. Plus you have to look down the road a little, the Lakers will have a lot of cap space in a few years when Kobe retire. The Laker front office won't settle for mediocrity and will make what ever move it will take to get back in to contention.

I concur that one season does not a hall-of-fame coach make.

And I also agree that we have to see if he can recruit.

Having said that, he did a he!!uva job this season.

Gun to my head, I would say he is the real deal.

And nothing would make me happier then to see him leave Storrs for SoCal and put them right back at square 1...