Lakers will go after Ollie and Cailpari | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lakers will go after Ollie and Cailpari

I think Ollie can be a good NBA coach, but neither Cal nor Ollie can be the choice while Kobe is still on the team.

The only way I see either of them landing there is if it assures that another big name free agent (probably represented by the same agency) would come along when available.

They ought to amnesty Kobe's contract. He has 2 more years at 24 million each, and he's 35 years old. He should retire. What did he play, 6 games this season?

Ollie is a hack. He will be irrevalent in 5 years

People seem to really like him. Guys like that hang around, get recycled.

Lebron brought a Cleveland team where Larry Hughes was the second best player to the NBA Finals. A starting five of Kendall Marshall, Kobe, Lebron, Aaron Gordon (My pick if I'm LA), and Pau Gasol would be pretty formidable. Plus you have to look down the road a little, the Lakers will have a lot of cap space in a few years when Kobe retire. The Laker front office won't settle for mediocrity and will make what ever move it will take to get back in to contention.

Kobe's 100 years old with a million miles on his knees. He's not winning another ring, and his ego is too big for what's left of his talent.

gilardino said:
Ollie is a hack. He will be irrevalent in 5 years

Highly unlikely, and there's not a sole on this planet that despises UConn more than me.

Forza Azzurri said:
I concur that one season does not a hall-of-fame coach make. And I also agree that we have to see if he can recruit. Having said that, he did a he!!uva job this season. Gun to my head, I would say he is the real deal. And nothing would make me happier then to see him leave Storrs for SoCal and put them right back at square 1...

That's like saying SU will be back to square 1 when JB retires. Four NC in 16 years has a way of building a program.

Ollie will irrevalent. Just like his act of the whole team getting interviewed after the game.

If I were a Laker fan and Kevin Ollie was the choice, I might jump off of a bridge.

Why? I mean the Lakers are going to suck next year regardless, so wouldn't you take a shot at a guy that Lebron and KD respect and like. I mean in the NBA, it's about getting stars, so why not hire a coach who might attract them?

It's the reason Phil Jackson keeps getting huge contracts with all kinds of concessions included.

Either your an attorney or you are a UConn fan. Both are equally reprehensible .
Hey now, there are some attorneys on this board that are good people.

Ollie and LEbron were very close while with cavs...lakers should have cap space in 15 and high draft picks in 14 and 15. Lebron can opt out this year or next I believe...just saying lakers are a elite fanchise...they will have draft picks, cap space, and it is the Lakers. It could be interesting to see what happens.
right track, wrong player.

KD loves Ollie. The Lakers taking Ollie means that they are putting all their eggs in the KD 16 basket

The Lakers would be lucky to get Kevin Ollie. I think they get Thibs from Chicago. The Lakers have cap space but they will probably resign Pau Gasol and only have room for 1 MAX talent. Carmelo, Lebron aren't going to the Lakers. If Ollie went to the Lakers I think Durant would be a real chance to happen in 2016. In 2015 Lakers could sign Kevin Love, and then in 2016 Kobe retires and the Lakers have cap space for Durant.

They ought to amnesty Kobe's contract. He has 2 more years at 24 million each, and he's 35 years old. He should retire. What did he play, 6 games this season?

Can't amnesty him; they just signed him last year. Not really sure why they were so eager to extend him. (Well i do, but it hurts them going forward)

UConn looking to double Ollie's salary, so it looks like they can see the writing on the wall. Even if they do that, he'd be making 2.4 million per and Boston's paying Stevens 3.6 million per...nervous times in Storrs, too bad they won the title or we could really enjoy their suffering.

CousCuse said:
I object , or mea culpa , my I approach the bench. ( He did avoid an answer.)
I'm not an attorney, but I guess I don't have the post count to legitimately comment, so I'm sitting the rest of this one out. I see a few other people with similar sentiments in this thread not being insulted, so I'm staying out :)