Lamar Jackson declares for Draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lamar Jackson declares for Draft

It will be interesting to see where this puts Louisville going forward. They went 8-5 last year with Jackson and lose significant other talent as well. Their recruiting classes have been in the 5-7th range between 2015-2018, so there’s reason to think they fall back a bit to 8-5 type seasons.

A player I actually enjoy watching when he wasn't playing us.

An awesome college player which some don't project as a QB at the next level due to accuracy concerns.....Maybe someone takes a flyer on him and lets him develop more at the next level...someone maybe thinks he can play WR...glad he's gone from the Ville and best of luck to him in the NFL...

Their second stringer looks like a bigger version of Lamar, I wouldn't get too excited.

Kid is not as fast but bigger and stronger and has a bigger more accurate arm.

Their second stringer looks like a bigger version of Lamar, I wouldn't get too excited.

Kid is not as fast but bigger and stronger and has a bigger more accurate arm.

I get that they aren't rolling out Matt Hale but Jackson was a Vick type of talent and those guys don't come along all that often.

I get that they aren't rolling out Matt Hale but Jackson was a Vick type of talent and those guys don't come along all that often.
What if they replace "Vick" with "Vince Young"?

It still cracks me up that Matt Hale didn't even start on his high school team...in Canada.

Man those were lean years.

Syracuse ready to Hale a Canadian QB

Said Lumley: ‘This is a great pick for Syracuse, because hardly anybody knew about (Hale). He’s coming out of the best high school league in Canada, and if he grasps what’s going on, he can be unbelievable.’

Unfortunately for us, he didn't grasp what was going on which was very believable considering hardly anyone knew who he was :)

Last edited:
It still cracks me up that Matt Hale didn't even start on his high school team...in Canada.

Said Lumley: ‘This is a great pick for Syracuse, because hardly anybody knew about (Hale). He’s coming out of the best high school league in Canada, and if he grasps what’s going on, he can be unbelievable.’

Unfortunately for us, he didn't grasp what was going on which was very believable considering hardly anyone knew who he was :)

Wow I forgot Hale didn't start for his high school team - ouch.

Don't go by what HS coaches do. By and large, politics and favoritism decides the playing time as much as talent and hard work.

Don't go by what HS coaches do. By and large, politics and favoritism decides the playing time as much as talent and hard work.

That may be the case often but in Hale’s case I think him not starting was warranted.

Brutal years. And the one good QB we landed in like a 15 year span got blocked by the admin from coming here and went
to Hawaii and lit it up to the tune of 14,000 yards and 131 TD’s in just 3 years. Meanwhile we’re trotting Adrian Dantley’s walkon son out there. SMH. Not fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom