Lamolinara takes a subtle nudge at the coaching staff | Syracusefan.com

Lamolinara takes a subtle nudge at the coaching staff

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
From Today's PS article:

"I think film could be taken a little more seriously," Lamolinara said. "I think if more questions are asked and we get direct answers from coaches saying, 'When they do this, we do this,' I think that could be an improvement. But it's not a matter of effort and it's not a matter of coaching because everyone knows we have the greatest coaches in the country."

This team needs to win Saturday or things are going to get ugly.

Looks like some of these guys need to stay awake pay closer attention during the film sessions.

From Today's PS article:

"I think film could be taken a little more seriously," Lamolinara said. "I think if more questions are asked and we get direct answers from coaches saying, 'When they do this, we do this,' I think that could be an improvement. But it's not a matter of effort and it's not a matter of coaching because everyone knows we have the greatest coaches in the country."

This team needs to win Saturday or things are going to get ugly.

That's not a comment on the coaches at all. It's a comment on the players.

That's not a comment on the coaches at all. It's a comment on the players.

His last sentence about the coaches definitely sounds like a backtrack so we will have to agree to disagree.

His last sentence about the coaches definitely sounds like a backtrack so we will have to agree to disagree.

No, he's saying the players need to take advantage of film work and ask questions of the staff. That's it.

When I first read the comment I thought it was a shot at the staff. However, reading it again I interpret it as meaning the players need to take film study more seriously.

It isn't up to players to ask the right questions. It is up to the experienced staff to break down the film and tell the players "If they do that, we respond with this." Our staff should be running the film sessions, not giving players a DVD of the game to take back and watch in their dorm or apartment. It that is the scenario, that's a problem.

When I first read the comment I thought it was a shot at the staff. However, reading it again I interpret it as meaning the players need to take film study more seriously.

It isn't up to players to ask the right questions. It is up to the experienced staff to break down the film and tell the players "If they do that, we respond with this." Our staff should be running the film sessions, not giving players a DVD of the game to take back and watch in their dorm or apartment. It that is the scenario, that's a problem.

BINGO

Don't know if it's the Defensive Scheme or what but Firman & Young look lost at times (against ND)

Gotta Go with SU96 on the Lamo comment, The only way you would know is to ask Lamo "Hey Lamo" ypu being sarcastic?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom