Lane Kiffin... | Syracusefan.com

Lane Kiffin...

How about the 10-year extension he signed...how many years do you think he will stay at FAU?

How about the 10-year extension he signed...how many years do you think he will stay at FAU?

Word is that Joey Freshwater is loving the tropical life. He might last a few years longer than some expect.

He’s basically turned FAU into a transfer haven - it isn’t his coaching acumen, it’s that he just has better players.

Did anyone see his postgame interview last night on SportsCenter? He seemed like an arrogant d1ck......yes he's a solid coach and knows how to win but for some reason he just didn't come off well...

I think Lane is doing it right for a school like FAU. Get a ton of transfers in, hope you have a huge year, and then start to get in bigger recruits. I still think he will have to have 3 years of solid 9-10 win seasons before another big school comes calling.

He’s basically turned FAU into a transfer haven - it isn’t his coaching acumen, it’s that he just has better players.

I noticed he has two or 3 of our former commits on his team. The LB Rashad Smith looks pretty good. I’m interested to see how the safety Pierre turns out.

I think Lane is doing it right for a school like FAU. Get a ton of transfers in, hope you have a huge year, and then start to get in bigger recruits. I still think he will have to have 3 years of solid 9-10 win seasons before another big school comes calling.

Agree, he will need to polish his work product before a P5 school makes an offer. Everyone recalls how he handled Tennessee, even weak P5 schools have no reason to look his way if they believe he is the real deal.

Rumor is he will stay 2 years while his brother’s showcase with the NCAA is in effect.

He'll get another chance and probably has eyes on FSU when Taggert flames out (or Mullen at Florida). I think being in Florida suits him w the talent so closeby and the swagger being embraced.

Think you're way off here. Guy is an offensive genius, always has been.

Correct. He's been there 12 months. Any "traditional" transfer would not even be eligible yet.

Kiffin is arrogant ... just like 95% of college football and hoops coaches. He doesn't hide it as well as most.

FAU, who loves him on many levels, is going to win 10+ next year too. And a P5 will come calling. And he'll leave, as he should.

While it is true he got transfers in, other than Jerami Talini from Pitt on the D side, none were real impact players for this year's squad. Lane did this with basically the same players that went 3 - 9 last year. In fact, FAU went 3 - 9 the previous 3 seasons before the Lane Train pulled into Boca. The guy can coach.

Why would a small school give a 10 year contract?

If the coach does well - he leaves.
If the coach does poorly - you are stuck with him for 10 years.

Why would a small school give a 10 year contract?

If the coach does well - he leaves.
If the coach does poorly - you are stuck with him for 10 years.

Makes a ton of sense from a buyout perspective. I don't think anyone believes he will stay for 10 years. This offers the program the optics of stability (helps recruiting etc), while it will make for a nice buyout/payout for the Owls when a p5 does eventually come calling and takes him. This certainly locks him up in Boca for another year or two. Really a A win-win.

Makes a ton of sense from a buyout perspective. I don't think anyone believes he will stay for 10 years. This offers the program the optics of stability (helps recruiting etc), while it will make for a nice buyout/payout for the Owls when a p5 does eventually come calling and takes him. This certainly locks him up in Boca for another year or two. Really a A win-win.

I'm guessing the same thing. This gives him the ability to recruit better this year and next to stock the cupboards for when he leaves in 2019. Have to assume there is a crazy buyout for next year with maybe a limited escape clause to a handful of places.

Except maybe Mrs. Lane
th.jpe

So is Dino.

You’d look great with Reggie Bush, Mart Leinhart, Lendale White, and Mike Williams too...

He’s a decent coach, but his HC stops at Tennessee and USC point to a mediocre HC despite the talent.

Florida Atlantic and Florida International, like Central and South Florida are schools comparably large to Florida and Florida State but in actually better recruiting areas who see big $$$ in the future with their football programs. And look out for West Florida, who made it to the D2 title game in the second year of their program. Florida may become like Texas and be host to many in-state top college football programs, not just the "Big Three".

Obviously, this impacts schools like Syracuse, who go down there to get the B listers and C listers that are better than New York's A listers. These other schools are going to vacuum up these kind of players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom