Lang's house | Syracusefan.com

Lang's house

Bortukal

All Conference
Now THIS is interesting! From an Associated Press story on ESPN.com:

Lang's house, which is on the market for $74,900, stood as a tribute to Syracuse hoops. Stickers were scattered over windows; basketballs, beer mugs, a clock, PEZ dispenser, and a plush mascot doll rested on the windowsill; a Gerry McNamara jersey also hung in the window. There was even a foam orange finger, signaling Syracuse is No. 1.

Also available in that article is his place of business. Surprised they would publish that.

einhorncover.jpg

Lang's house, which is on the market for $74,900, stood as a tribute to Syracuse hoops. Stickers were scattered over windows; basketballs, beer mugs, a clock, PEZ dispenser, and a plush mascot doll rested on the windowsill; a Gerry McNamara jersey also hung in the window. There was even a foam orange finger, signaling Syracuse is No. 1.

So, if someone assaults me and ruins my childhood I am still going to be they're biggest fan for the next 35 years?

If someone did that crap to me I would hate them and everything about them for the rest of my life.

Is this just me or am I kooky?

So, if someone assaults me and ruins my childhood I am still going to be they're biggest fan for the next 35 years?

If someone did that crap to me I would hate them and everything about them for the rest of my life.

Is this just me or am I kooky?
No that's pretty much what I thought too.

Oftentimes in life I'm amazed at the accuracy of my BS detector. That has not changed.

This story just gets stranger and stranger. Did he have pictures of Bernie in his bedroom with the eyes cut out?

I also like how the article pointed out the fact the his house was for sale, which of course they just,"threw it out there" and didn't speculate as to why his house might be for sale?

So why would his house be for sale? To buy a new Waiters jersey?

I also like how the article pointed out the fact the his house was for sale, which of course they just,"threw it out there" and didn't speculate as to why his house might be for sale?

So why would his house be for sale? To buy a new Waiters jersey?

I'd say it isn't their job to speculate, their job is to report the news. Except this week I learned that apparently their job is to speculate, and if they speculate wrong and report as fact things that are false (and ruin an innocent man's life in the process) - well, that's the business of journalism in 2011.

This story just gets stranger and stranger. Did he have pictures of Bernie in his bedroom with the eyes cut out?
Dude. Picturing the eyes cut out... Laughed so hard I snorted

So both these guys suffer from Stockholm Syndrome. Is that what I'm ALSO supposed to buy into here?

I'm not saying it's not possible, but Davis stuck around the program til he was 27. He managed to be stable enough to go to college and work as accountant, but yet he was returning to 'Cuse and the hoops program only to be molested again? Why was he still coming around?

I mean you are asking us to believe that a man in his mid 20's continued to place himself in a situation where he was being sexually assaulted. Ok. Maybe he was so traumatized that he couldn't get away. But his brother has a similar issue? Who has a shrine to SU hoops? They BOTH suffer from long term Stockholm Syndrome? I mean Im not familiar with the disorder and I wish we had a resident psych, but does it really last 5, 10, 15, 20 years?

And Davis was molested hundreds, or perhaps thousands of times?!?! That's a lot of incidents. I mean Bernie and him would have to be inseperable. There are married couples who have been together as long who haven't had as much contact.

So both these guys suffer from Stockholm Syndrome. Is that what I'm ALSO supposed to buy into here?

Haha!

Not to sound insenstive at all and if someone knows more about these situations than I do please correct me, but even if the allegations are true once youre like, oo i dont know, 24, 25, 26, 27 doesnt continued molestation by another man just mean you might be having a sexual relationship with another man, when you keep putting yourself in situations to be molested when your a grown a$$ adult.

Haha!

Not to sound insenstive at all and if someone knows more about these situations than I do please correct me, but even if the allegations are true once youre like, oo i dont know, 24, 25, 26, 27 doesnt continued molestation by another man just mean you might be having a sexual relationship with another man, when you keep putting yourself in situations to be molested when your a grown a$$ adult.

My wife said that the first day that this came out; when you are an adult it is either concentual or it is sexual assault. But it's not molestation

It certainly does not add up, thats for sure. Just beyond strange.

P.S. Are we still worried about this mysterious video tape tomorrow that noone knows of what it contains but is alleged to exist and allegedly be released tomorrow on NFL Sunday?

P.S. Are we still worried about this mysterious video tape tomorrow that noone knows of what it contains but is alleged to exist and allegedly be released tomorrow on NFL Sunday?

I'm not.

Why shouldn't we be worried even if slightly? Two separate people at SPD told 2 different posters there was a tape. So maybe there is, maybe there isn't. Even if there is, maybe SU is able to keep it suppressed. I don't know how anyone can't be the slightest worried. I know everyone I know is a bit worried. Hopefully it is BS.

Why shouldn't we be worried even if slightly? Two separate people at SPD told 2 different posters there was a tape. So maybe there is, maybe there isn't. Even if there is, maybe SU is able to keep it suppressed. I don't know how anyone can't be the slightest worried. I know everyone I know is a bit worried. Hopefully it is BS.

What are people at SPD doing telling people info on a huge case? It takes 3 days to already have info leaking like a siev...

What are people at SPD doing telling people info on a huge case? It takes 3 days to already have info leaking like a siev...

Good question, but it is a fact they did.

Good question, but it is a fact they did.
Ok what have I missed? I thought the people posting about the tape were saying they had good sources telling them there is a tape. When did good sources become directly from the SPD?

I think that the people at SPD who are talking are not directly involved in the investigation. But it is very clear that what has been reported on this board is the topic of widespread discussion within the department.

While SPD has certainly investigated its share of high profile cases in the past, this has got to be the biggest one in recent memory and involves a nationally-known sports figure. I can't remember any case locally that has gotten such attention. Don't even think Jamelske was as big (although that was investigated by the county). It seems like the unfamiliarity of dealing with intense public curiosity has led to a lack of operational security.

My wife said that the first day that this came out; when you are an adult it is either concentual or it is sexual assault. But it's not molestation

Exactly, which is why the SOL should not be expired and wasn't in 2003 when he went to the cops. So he never really went to the cops OR they just gave him the SOL story to get someone they deemed to be a kook out of there. Also remember he said he was assaulted and choked in 2001 which would also be a crime that could be pursued, no?