LaPhonso Ellis tonight. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LaPhonso Ellis tonight.

I should also add that I like how LaPhonso's voice seems to be constantly changing in pitch and tone. I swear there were moments when I thought I was listening to Steve Jones on the old NBA on NBC broadcasts.

This Hollenberg fool also referred to the Carrier Dome as the "Round House". :rolling:

If he's truly an SU alumnus, I want his card revoked.

That was horrible. Had to rewind it to make sure he said that.

I liked the broadcast crew. They sounded like they were having fun. That matters more to me than when they screw stuff up. That line Ellis had at the end about how he didn't agree with Brissett's game and thought he should have made his foul shot was great.

Plus, Ellis was on my favorite Nuggets team.

We also found out tonight that Tyler Ennis was the first Canadian to come to SU and play basketball. Interesting. I could have sworn there was a Leo Somebody from the Great White North...
Leo "Three Triple Doubles" Rautins was fantastic.
Also pre-Ennis was Kris Joseph.
But why worry about facts?

Ellis is not a bad analyst.
But the TV crew didn't keep us updated on who was in foul trouble and the team foul situations.
Huge miss there.
Along with horrific misuse of replays...when they even bothered with replays.

I should also add that I like how LaPhonso's voice seems to be constantly changing in pitch and tone. I swear there were moments when I thought I was listening to Steve Jones on the old NBA on NBC broadcasts.

He died tonight

I liked the broadcast crew. They sounded like they were having fun. That matters more to me than when they screw stuff up. That line Ellis had at the end about how he didn't agree with Brissett's game and thought he should have made his foul shot was great.

Plus, Ellis was on my favorite Nuggets team.
24b46c4a79c490f3265f6659a284f3cf.jpg

They were. But let’s be honest. They weren’t going to beat the Rockets.
The Nuggets might have had they not dug themselves into that 0-3 hole against Utah. Suns gave the Rockets all they could handle, and Barkley was basically playing with one arm.

Hollenberg was probably the worst PxP guy I've ever heard. Ellis is very meh, I don't love him or hate him, but I mean Hollenberg went to cuse and he was consistently calling the Dome "The Roundhouse on the Hill" What is that? Never heard anyone say that.

In fact, Hollenberg was so bad that after the Battle 3-pointer, he said something to the extent of "they call this place the roundhouse on the hill, but I think right now you could call it the Loudhouse." I wanted to throw the TV out of my living room I was in utter shock, most bulli thing I've seen in my 20 years on this earth.

Worst Syracuse grad announcer I've ever heard!
And not talking about who fouled or how many they had totally pissed me off.
In a tight back and fourth game you don't need to talk about bullshit like who your other favorite and F4 teams are.

I’ve seen many daggers and that sir was no dagger

He also called Battle’s dunk that put us up 3, the “exclamation point”. No. It’s a one possession game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom